How to Change the Default Libraries Icon in Windows 7
Information
This will show you how to change the main default Libraries icon to any custom icon that you want instead in Windows 7.

WARNING

• You can only do this while logged into an administrator account.
  • This will affect all user account's Libraries icon on the computer.

RELATED LINKS:
IN PROGRESS. PLEASE WAIT. THANK YOU. :)

EXAMPLE: Libraries Icon
NOTE: This is the default (left screenshot) and custom (right screenshot) Libraries icon.Here's How:
1. Open the Start Menu and type regedit.exe in the search line, then press enter.

2. If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes.

3. In Regedit, go to the location below: (See screenshot below step 4)
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{031E4825-7B94-4dc3-B131-E946B44C8DD5}\DefaultIcon

4. In the left pane of regedit, right click on the DefaultIcon key and click on Permissions. (See screenshot below)5. At the top, select the Administrators group. At the bottom, check the Allow box to the right of Full Control and click on OK. (See screenshot below)6. In the left pane of regedit, right click on (Default) and click on Modify. (See screenshot below)8. To Use another Windows 7 Icon -
A) Download and install the free program IconViewer to add the Icons tab in the screenshot below step .
NOTE: Be sure to download the correct 32-bit or 64-bit version for your Windows 7.

B) In Windows Explorer navigate to the .exe (ex: for program icons) or .dll (ex: Windows 7 icons) file that contains the icon that you want to use for the default Library icon, then right click on the file, click on Properties, and the Icons tab. (See screenshot below)
NOTE: The most common Windows 7 icons come from the C:\Windows\System32\imageres.dll file.C) Make note of the icon number for the icon that you want to use instead.
NOTE: For example, the default Libraries icon number is 1023. I'm going to change it to the 1027 icon number just as an example.

D) In the Modify window from regedit, type in the full path of the .exe or .dll file followed by ,-library#. (fullpath,-####)
NOTE: For example, if I want to use the path (step 8B) and the 1027 icon (step 8C), I would type:
%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-1027

or

C:\Windows\System32\imageres.dll,-1027

Attached Thumbnails