Close

View Poll Results: An offer on an unchecked lotto ticket, would you...

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Accept

50 89.29%
  • Decline

6 10.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default If you had a Lottery Ticket...

....that you bought for a £1 but had not checked the numbers yet and I offered you £1000 for that ticket, knowing the odds against you and the chances of that ticket being worth something to nothing, would you accept or decline?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: If you had a Lottery Ticket...

of course i would, you would more than likely not win a sausage

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would take the £1k and not worry about hearing the outcome.

Here is another one... You have played the lotto since day 1 with the same line for all draws (Sat and then Wed when it was introduced).
    You always pay the ticket by subscription on line (as I do) and then one week you win the jackpot (like I have not). You other half that you have been with for 12+ years, how much of it is hers considering she has never ever contributed towards it...

Why am I asking? Well she seems to think half will be hers and she would pay families mortgages etc... off. I have told her I will see who I think needs to be seen OK in terms of slipping them a few quid, but at the end of the day it is my ticket that I have played from the beginning without ever missing a week. Plus I would keep the money for my family when that time arises. I am not seeing others OK because they didn't have the wining ticket! They will all still have to work etc....
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

i'd keep the ticket cos knowing my luck... oh hang on

Thanks
    Karma Level

Good thread, I think we'll get some interesting responses.

Just had a discussion with the missus about this thread and seeing as how we've been together 13 years we wouldn't even bother splitting it. We'd just see it as 'our' money and decide between us what/who to spend it on.

I think it also comes down to how much you win. A Eurolottery win of £45 million would see my immediate family and hers with motgages paid off and £500,000 each with a clause to say 'thats yer lot' - if you blow it don't come knocking.

If it was just a cool million, we'd give them some money, but I'd be dissapointed to not have £600,000 left after a bigger house and presents for the families.

It doesn't matter how much you give family/friends it will never be enough I don't think.

Looking forward to other replies
    360 Gamertag: crazyai
    PSN Gamertag: psxgalaxy
    IM me at pushme.to

Thanks
    Karma Level

can you do this every week spence?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Anyone turning down your offer needs their head seeing to....

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd keep the ticket. "If you're not in you can't win!"

My ex actually got a jackpot win - just over £1m. I left her about a year before she won. She managed to spend every fuck*ng penny on junk and has no money now, living in a council house and can't even afford to clothe my kids properly.

The best one was she bought a house that was overpriced for abour £120k and sold it for £70k when she ran out of money. What a stupid tart. Even when she sold it she could have gotten about £90k.

I think you can see one of the reasons I left her....
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

Women should never be left in charge of money!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    Good thread, I think we'll get some interesting responses.

Just had a discussion with the missus about this thread and seeing as how we've been together 13 years we wouldn't even bother splitting it. We'd just see it as 'our' money and decide between us what/who to spend it on.

I think it also comes down to how much you win. A Eurolottery win of £45 million would see my immediate family and hers with motgages paid off and £500,000 each with a clause to say 'thats yer lot' - if you blow it don't come knocking.

If it was just a cool million, we'd give them some money, but I'd be dissapointed to not have £600,000 left after a bigger house and presents for the families.

It doesn't matter how much you give family/friends it will never be enough I don't think.

Looking forward to other replies
    There is an echo in here! We are on the same lines

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoB View Post
    I'd keep the ticket. "If you're not in you can't win!"

My ex actually got a jackpot win - just over £1m. I left her about a year before she won. She managed to spend every fuck*ng penny on junk and has no money now, living in a council house and can't even afford to clothe my kids properly.

The best one was she bought a house that was overpriced for abour £120k and sold it for £70k when she ran out of money. What a stupid tart. Even when she sold it she could have gotten about £90k.

I think you can see one of the reasons I left her....
    fuck me, you wouldnt think you could blow it that easy but i guess you can, im just quite careful with money i suppose

personally i have no idea what i would do, i guess it would be a case of how i feel at the time, most likely take the money if i needed it desperatey but if i didnt then i would probably take my chances

very hard question!
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i'd bit your hand off. i quite like watching deal or no deal - it's interesting to see how greedy some people are. one person got offered £15000 the other day but they went home with £50 - i laughed my head off

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes you can have my ticket for a grand and as for winning a biggie yes the money would be ours and family would not be left out its nice to be nice the problem is we all think we need more. When the lottery started you could win 5 mill now if its shared and winnings are 1 or 2 mill you hear people complainin be realistic and you wont be dissapointed

jag

I'm not racist i hate everybody

Thanks
    Karma Level

Answer to the first question would be yes, bird in the hard is worth two in the bush.
    As for what I would spend it on...
    Well me and BBK have spoke about this and agree we would get a bigger house nothing to big but big enough for all 7 of us. We would pay all the morgages off of my family and give them 5 grand a year (maybe). Our parents are pretty settled so I would just make sure they would never go without anything ie hoildays and make sure that all their bills are paid off. Some of our friends would benefit, I am not saying who just in case we all fall out and then they sue us lol.
    I think we would invest in properties and just have a very comfortable life.
    As for our both of our exs we may pay their morgages off just so they dont take the kids away. We wouldnt want our kids to favour us over them so I would offer my ex some money for a house just so that when my kids go to his to stay at least they have stability.
    This is of course is we were to win a very very large amount. If it was just a million We would but a bigger house and be happy with that I think.

I am sure BBK will add and take stuff off this list lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by KLL8 View Post
    I am sure BBK will add and take stuff off this list lol
    I'd also want to see the ex's ok, not anything glamorous, mortgage paid off or a house they can live in that is ours in name but legally theirs until they die sort of thing. I might actually buy G**** and B****** a house next door to each other, something there perversely amuses me

Apart from that I don't think I'd do anything too crazy. A house big enough for us all to be comfortable, but with the kids all happy in their schools I wouldn't want to move too far away, so something just comfortable would do. I'd also like to think I would buy my local football team, we go as regularly as we can and it wouldn't take much of an investment to improve the team, the facilities etc, and get a team capable of really pushing for promotion. Come to think of it, £20 would probably do it LOL!

I would of course also buy a nice car. One so we can take all the kids around (maybe a brand new top spec Galaxy) but also a nice little run around, an Aston Martin maybe

Thanks
    Karma Level

Id take the grand and buy another 1000 for the following draw, and if i won the jackpot id sort all those out who have been good to me. I guarantee all friends and family who haven't bothered with you in years would come crawling out of the woodwork wanting a piece.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd rip there feckin arm from the socket

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd keep the ticket and your £1,000. But you would have an arse full of my spunk for your troubles as I leave you sobbing in the back of your car.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i would ask for pure cash spence and you could have my ticket. im a chancer.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've a few friends and family who seem to be holding on to a lottery win as their long term financial plan, that's just not me: guaranteed £1000 over a 1 in 14 *million* chance of the jackpot any time!

£1000 seems like a huge amount of money to me atm though... Although, given half a chance, I'm sure I could blow a million pretty damn quickly too, hehe.

A jackpot win, same as some above, would get me a house, pay off family's mortgages, then spoil some friends a bit, but I don't think anyone can blame you for making sure you have enough to last yourself through the years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast