Thread: Mulholland Dr.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Mulholland Dr.

Mulholland Dr

A serious Head ****!!

Lynch is back on form with this wonderfully weird tale of love, murder and suspense. As with all Lynch films there are some seriously weird moments as with Twin Peaks dream sequences these are more often than not used to tell the characters state of mind and not to be taken literally. However this can lead to complete confusion and many people just do not understand his work.

After the recent run of poor films from Lynch he has certainly returned back to form and the film is very similar to Blue Velvet. While never really quite up to that quality it at least shows some very interesting characters and some genuine moments of suspense. While never being edge of your seat stuff its always compelling. Theres also some great pairs of tits in the film which is always a nice bonus in my book

The real head **** in the film comes in the last 30 minutes or so when the story comes together, (or doesn't as the case may be).... I watched the film last night and then for about 2 hours discussed the movie with friends... and there are parts of it I still do not understand!! It really is that weird... Whether this is a good thing or just pisses you off is down to yourself but I can't think of the last time I discussed a film for that amount of time after watching. Its also left me with a genuine interest to actually fins out what the **** was going on and then rewatch the movie to see if it really does make sense

If you like any Lynch stuff watch the movie, and when your done tell me what the **** was that all about ????!

[6/10]
    Last edited by Mule; 31st January 2007 at 01:51 PM.