Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default How do I ALT & TAB

In some games and apps they seem to disable the Alt-Tab funtion so I can't switch between progs running on my comp.
    The main culprit for this is the Delta Force Black Hawk Down demo, which is particularly annoying cause I cant tell friends which server Im in so they can join.
    Is there any options or software available that will stop programs disabling this funtion?
    My op sysytem is XP Pro....
    Thanx in advance

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

there is a couple of things u could try, firstly the windows key or Ctrl-Esc, this would bring the Start button up, u could then try alt-tab to the app u want. or ctrl-alt-del to bring up task manager then switch to the app u want. hope this helps
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nope sorry, still does'nt work.
    What happens is when I press the windows key or Alt-Tab or Ctrl-Esc and even Ctrl-Alt-Del the cursor goes from the DF (Delta force)cursor to the windows cusor, the desktop remains as DF, but I cant select anything as DF keeps trying to 'steal' the priority back. I can Alt-Tab back into DF but it wont show the 'select program' dialogue. You can see the other windows flicker in the background.
    Its as if DF has a macro running basically saying 'on top' all the time, if that makes sense.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

understood, but what if u load task manager via ctrl-alt-del then switch to application ? does it flip straight back ?
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just a thought but have you tried ALT-ENTER?? Works with OpenGL stuff anyway......

Thanks
    Karma Level

When I Ctrl-Alt-Del u can see the task manager flicker on the background but u cant choose anything from it or do anything for that matter. The only thing I am able to do is Alt-Tab again to go back into DF then quit DF which defies the object (Then Id have to go into another server)

Also have tried Alt-Enter but does'nt do anything.

I have a feeling that its just a bug in this Demo or that maybe theres a setting in XP that allows programs to give themselves a kind of auto priority. The reason being that a friend is running xp and with the same demo he CAN Alt & Tab. So its strange that I can't.

Anymore suggestions are well appreciated...
    Does anyone else have this problem with xp and DF Black hawk down?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I know it wont solve your alt- tab problem, but u mentioned it was annoying cos you couldnt tell your mates what server you are in.

Have you tried Gamespy?

BM

Social Networking Bookmarks