Close

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I reckon logic would dictate that because we can't see it probably does mean that it doesn't exist. What would be the point and motivation of someone working away in the background, (someone apparently unknown to the sat hacking community) finding a crack, but then sitting on it, or perhaps even less likely, selling it at one computer market in the UK. Just doesn't add up to me, if its a commercial hack then the cards would have been materialising by now (given the size of the potential market), if its a hobbyist hack then at least some of the major players would be aware of the files.

Many posts on other forums claim to have seen working pirate cards in bars on the costas, yet I have several contacts in those areas who assure me that those Sky viewing bars are operating using local broadcast networks or subscription cards. That doesn't of course prevent the friend of a friend rumours starting and you will notice with all of these stories, that there are large pieces of information missing, the very information that even the less informed hobbyist would request, or at least try and find out.

The last point is that whenever these stories arise, the originator always says " I'll find out more from my mate and come back to you" .........Never to be seen again.

N
    Last edited by rolfw; 2nd August 2002 at 08:44 AM.

Removed at users request whitesteel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

While I totally agree with not making unneccessary posts and although this makes an interesting topic can you give us a little more information on the rumour you heard raptor? You said very little in your original post and your haven't expanded on it since. Have you got anymore infomation on the rumour you heard and how accurate it turned out to be? If it turned out to be false can you post and say so?

Thanks
    Karma Level

this has been said many time but i'll say it again for good measure...

if it had been cracked, by now, someone would have had firm evidence. 11,757 PLUS Members on this forum and no one has heard of a deffinate crack. (Except the lame battery trick.)

Thats got to tell you something ain't it?
    Photography: Nikon D50 - 18-55mm, 70-300mm, 105mm Macro, 2 x 2gb SD Cards, Jessops Tripod, LowePro Rucksack

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default 5Ky Hack

This was a clever (rubbish) post by the Admin. look at the interest it stirred up among members and all to no avail, I think if people are going to post these type of messages they should have evidence to back up the post otherwise whats the point, I hope we haven't reached the situation where we have to post these type of messages to keep everyone interested

Thanks
    Karma Level

GOT A LEAFLET FROM A FRENCH COMPANY CLAIMING TO HAVE HACKED SKY . THEY WANT 70 QUID FOR MAIN PACKAGE AND 95 FOR A COMPLETE PACKAGE

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ah yes, that would probably be the one that used to be called the stealth card, they also have a picture of a group of staff on their website stood outside a large modern office building. They of course borrowed this photo from another site.

N

Thanks
    Karma Level

I thought MURDOCH was an old hack: :

Thanks
    Karma Level

Strangely enough I've been offered a card from another source for £40, I'm very tempted to get it just so that it can be eliminated from the frame...... I shall probably resist the urge though.

N

Thanks
    Karma Level

whats this about a PPV box that has NO LIMIT, Just talking to this guy on msn he says he has it. If anyone wants to chat to him msn me on nookiamobile@hotmail.com - I laughed at him

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by PAULC
    GOT A LEAFLET FROM A FRENCH COMPANY CLAIMING TO HAVE HACKED SKY . THEY WANT 70 QUID FOR MAIN PACKAGE AND 95 FOR A COMPLETE PACKAGE
    I had a leaflet like that through the mail a few weeks ago, i would have mentioned something sooner but i was suspended for a month from blueyonder, i'll see if i can scan it in later.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi M8s,

Dont flame me, but the PPV box does work. I dont have one, (I know that old chestnut). But my best mate does. He tells me its been working for three months now, but does'nt work on all boxes. Only works on old boxes, not Panasonic, dont know about others except he uses a Grundig.
    He also tells me some cards fill up at the end of the month, and dont reset, and others like his own do reset.
    He knows quite a few people using these boxes with mixed results. Apparently the going rate for one around here is £30, but my friend says theres not much in it, you could easily make one.
    But as I dont have a Sly box I think its too risky forking out for something that may not work.

You can believe this post or not, I'am not bothered. But I happen to be telling the truth.

Regards Tumak

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm sure that you are telling the truth about what your mate tells you Tumak.......But is he telling the truth, or perhaps just bending it a little?

If it is simply a box that connects to the digibox by phone line, then it cannot possibly reset the card, all instructions to the card come down from the satellite, not by phone.

I just find it very strange that if people are using this type of device with success, then why doesn't anyone post in the first person, all we ever hear is thirdparty hearsay.

N

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi Neverallocat,

My mate does'nt come onto any forums, hes just a user. The device does go on the phone line and according to him as far as he has been told gives the box an engaged tone. Hes aware if he plugs his phone back in all info will go back to Sly. Hes my best mate and not a BS artist. I have'nt seen this thing, but because I know a little about electronics he assures me I could easily make one. I'am not going to get one because results are very unpredictable with different machines.Thats about the best I can do. I hope this helps someone.

Regards Tumak.

Thanks
    Karma Level

This post is quickly degenerating into poop.
    That $ky PPV "hack" you are talking about has been around for ages.

All it does is stops the box from "telling" $ky that you have bought a film. $ky therefore won't charge you. This 'loophole' is because if somebody wanted to watch a PPV event, but the phoneline was engaged, $ky would lose money (the people might give up trying to order it). So, the box (or card, I am not sure which), stores the information that you have watched a PPV and the nest time it can, it orders the film and you are charged.

The "hack box" that you speak of just creates the engaged tone, so the box gives up trying to "tell" $ky. Eventually the box won't allow you to order any more films.

Then one day, you might really want to watch something and you forget and plug the phone-line in. Or your Mum might try and do some online banking. Maybe your kid brother might try and see the PPV wrestling. Next thing you know.... BAM!
    A bill drops through the letterbox for £900 worth of "free" PPV.

What this thread was originally about was a hack in the style of the complete domination of I*V and the enjoyment everybody (except the football league and I*V shareholders), received from it.
    "So right, so pure,
    so hoodedclaw"

Thanks
    Karma Level

so it appears that sly isn't hacked at the moment.
    survived for a year on poisionous monkeys

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi,

The PPV trick is an old scam. The trick only conned the box into thinking that the phone was engaged by supplying a voltage on one of the box's modem pins.
    The ideal scenario would be to raise the PPV spending limit on the card (so you don't have to program the card all the time), then delete records of the PPV events from the card then just start again. I have not ordered a film for a long time so u may have to phone $ky directly now. Don't know. However, one thing is certain unless there is bug to gain backdoor access to the card like the American 2d and e3 "holes", you will need a valid signature to authenticate ANY EMM's you would consider sending to a card. Working out the digital signature with which to sign EMM packets with is (as far as I know) not known.
    If there is a bug in the card (and although the UK cards do not suffer the exact same "backdoor" problem as with DSS), maybe it will be found.

Regards

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by djm2k1
    ive heard stories of chipped boxes coming in from Ireland but i can't prove nor disprove that
    i have also heard the same thing but as yet have never seen one#
    lets hope its true

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default chipped boxes

there are no chipped boxes and especailly from ireland - i only wish it was true - i am from ireland and have never heard of one - but i hope i am wrong !!
    squig

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: chipped boxes

Originally posted by squig
    there are no chipped boxes and especailly from ireland - i only wish it was true - i am from ireland and have never heard of one - but i hope i am wrong !!
    squig
    This rumour started a couple of years back on Anayets board from a guy that claimed it was happening in Liverpool. It turned out he was bulling and was appearing on several boards under the name of Thugwump if I remember rightly.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hang on... a well known north west computer fair... hmmm, I think you all know what i'm thinking...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast