Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks for the info.. yeah I'm keeping my monthly travelcards now.. got about 4 of them and counting.. only a year and a bit to go hehe. I'm keeping them in mint condition, so they wont look "tatty". I've noticed that every so often (bi-monthly??) they change the colour of the 4 triangles on the bottom of the travelcard.. green, yellow, pink etc... I guess THAT is what the inspectors are looking for? Hmm maybe look to see what colours everyone else has that month, and cut out some paper triangles, and stick them on.. lol that wreaks of effort but hey. =]

I wouldnt mind paying so much if the service wasnt so shit. If you go on the Bakerloo line on a hot day you practically suffocate, and sweat buckets - no air conditioning at all. And when theres a delay you get conclusivly told "theres a signal failure" ... what the **** is a signal? - oh wait, I don't care - I just want to know WHO'S fault it is, and WHEN my 15 minutes of delay has passed so I can fill in a compensation form. Once my tube got stuck on the jubilee line at Southwalk for about 25 minutes.. then they made us get off.. the station wasnt finished.. and it was like the Crystal Maze "building site" zone trying to escape up 3 flights of stairs with no staff or lights. Then hey presto I'm in Southwalk.. how the **** do I get home??
    Last edited by RowaN; 22nd August 2002 at 01:16 PM.
    <Lionel Hutz> Oh I am, am I? Is that what you think? Well if that's what you think, I have something to tell you. Something which may shock and discredit you. And that thing is as follows. I'm not wearing a tie at all.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by RowaN
    thanks for the info.. yeah I'm keeping my monthly travelcards now.. got about 4 of them and counting.. only a year and a bit to go hehe. I'm keeping them in mint condition, so they wont look "tatty". I've noticed that every so often (bi-monthly??) they change the colour of the 4 triangles on the bottom of the travelcard.. green, yellow, pink etc... I guess THAT is what the inspectors are looking for? Hmm maybe look to see what colours everyone else has that month, and cut out some paper triangles, and stick them on.. lol that wreaks of effort but hey. =]
    They probably wont be using the same tickets next year, it will all be these new swipe cards...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Those chip/swipe cards have been around for ages - you get one when you pay £1000 for a annual ticket. They have them in Hong Kong too. I think the price is too high to produce them for weekly+monthly tickets.. only economically viable for annual ones.
    <Lionel Hutz> Oh I am, am I? Is that what you think? Well if that's what you think, I have something to tell you. Something which may shock and discredit you. And that thing is as follows. I'm not wearing a tie at all.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think they will, it looks like they will issue one of these instead of a photocard. Then you can charge your account, or I guess have a monthly bill, etc. (However they want to implement it.)

http://www.london-underground.co.uk/...curement.shtml
    Try Gentoo, the linux source distro...
    Currently Playing: Viewtifull Joe (GC), Mario Kart : Double Dash (GC), Mario & Luigi Superstars (GBA).

Thanks
    Karma Level

bugger

Thanks
    Karma Level

from what i recall, the system will put credits onto the card or database for that card, and deduct for each journey. Shame they are not elvis compatable.

Thanks
    Karma Level

"BTW I think you should actually pay yer fare. I do."

a fair amount would be nice but charging £6.80 for a 1-4 journey because you leave before 9am takes the piss.especially if you still end up being late cos there was a delay.and its insulting when they ask you to show your ticket at the gates.should be innocent until proven guilty in this country not waste your loyal customers time till they can prove innocence.

think twice about dodging the fare though.a mate once had a 2-4 pass and got asked on the tube at victoria to show my ticket.my mate was there by accident but that doesn't matter when they're on a mission

they took him to court(and he lost what a surprise)
    £2.70 compensation to payable to LU
    £30+court expenses
    £90 first offence
    and then 2days off work costing £250

when theres strike actions they should just not collect any fares.that makes the customers more than happy and supportive and it loses LU at least a few thousand an hour.anyway the system is going to be truly ****ed now with PPP

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have a friend who works for LU and she said that any ticket 2 years old will work as long as it is in date, so that goes for i day travel cards, as long as u use it on the right day

Thanks
    Karma Level

The 2 year thing is still working. I can confirm this is still true. But no idea how long it will work for, and if you get caught doing it they will come down hard on you.

There was a site dedicated to this stuff. it was www.tubehell.com but I cant get it any more.

Did I mention who I work for? erm.....

I know that it is very expensive to use the underground, but as long as people are using the system for free, then the prices will never really come down. If everyone paid the correct fare, then I recon you'd see a reduction.

Also to let the fella know P.Way is permanent way. The permanent way is the actual track. The also call it the road. Strange I know, but i guess permanent way does make sense if you think about it.

So if you work on the PWay yhen you are one of the fellas who does the actual work on the track. (IE repairs etc. not driving)

Hope it helps a little

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by rooonga
    I know that it is very expensive to use the underground, but as long as people are using the system for free, then the prices will never really come down. If everyone paid the correct fare, then I recon you'd see a reduction.
    Lol why would someone stop travelling for free so that the price will come down? its already as low as it can go for them if they arent paying at all...

Thanks
    Karma Level

may be slight off-topic but still relates to tube/underground travel..

Oyster cards....

for 2 months i used to get 1 weekly 1-4 ticket costing me...what £28?..(bareing in mind i only used it mon-fri to get to work)....ive since got a monthly oyster card for £109 yeah its friggin expensive...however it works on a month basis..so.. i worked out that im saving £30 odd a month... as i buy the card on the 15th and it expires of the 14th..so it has it merits.

im not too fond of the oyster card as it records your movements.!!! if u touch it on the panel at the tube station it shows a brief history of journeys and times...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: L@ndon Underg@und tickets...

Sh1te, I need to get one of these Oyster cards. At least it would help explain the 4 hours between leaving the pub and getting home....

Mr Chips

Thanks
    Karma Level

You dont HAVE to get a oyster monthly, you can still get a paper monthly ticket.
    Every year London Underground put their prices up.. this year they froze the price for people using Oyster cards. Oyster cards are good because soon it'll mean tramps will stop begging you for tickets outside stations. Don't EVER give tramps or anyone your travelcard.. they'll sell it then buy drugs and smash up your town.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by RowaN
    Oyster cards are good because soon it'll mean tramps will stop begging you for tickets outside stations. Don't EVER give tramps or anyone your travelcard.. they'll sell it then buy drugs and smash up your town.
    This has been a public service announcement

:thumbs

he's 100% right tho
    Last edited by Jesta; 9th December 2003 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jesta
    may be slight off-topic but still relates to tube/underground travel..

Oyster cards....

im not too fond of the oyster card as it records your movements.!!! if u touch it on the panel at the tube station it shows a brief history of journeys and times...

yeh am not keen on this either
    Photography: Nikon D50 - 18-55mm, 70-300mm, 105mm Macro, 2 x 2gb SD Cards, Jessops Tripod, LowePro Rucksack

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I got caught using an old ticket over a year ago. I got prosecuted and fined, isn’t worth it. The ticket machines make a different beeping noise when the older tickets are used, and if you have undercover ticket inspectors hanging around your ****ed!
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah I had the same thought, that it should be pretty easy to copy and update a oyster card.

I think the kind of reader/ writer you might need is:

Pragma C335
    http://www.microrex.com/index.php?LI...eda&IdProd=115

or

Pragma C336
    http://www.microrex.com/index.php?LI...&modulo=scheda

what do ya think?
    my only concern having read about the information that they include on your card includes:

http://www.spy.org.uk/spyblog/archives/000056.html

It would be brilliant to beat the oyster card thing because once beaten I think it would be very hard to London underground to avoid such disastorous pr if it became pubily known that it was so easy. Besides the fact to impliment a new system would invoke chaos. In a way they're asking to be copied. so if you find a way lets crack em....

Thanks
    Karma Level

"Pragma C335
    http://www.microrex.com/index.php?L...heda&IdProd=115 "

Are these the type of machines used in credit card fraud?
    Those cards look like mine!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by RowaN
    You dont HAVE to get a oyster monthly, you can still get a paper monthly ticket.
    Every year London Underground put their prices up.. this year they froze the price for people using Oyster cards. Oyster cards are good because soon it'll mean tramps will stop begging you for tickets outside stations. Don't EVER give tramps or anyone your travelcard.. they'll sell it then buy drugs and smash up your town.
    But if like me you have to get the overground and then the underground you are screwed. There is a ticket inspector at my station most mornings and he does not have the equipment to check the validity of your Oyster Card. Then you get fined as you are travelling and he can't check your ticket.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooed Freak
    But if like me you have to get the overground and then the underground you are screwed. There is a ticket inspector at my station most mornings and he does not have the equipment to check the validity of your Oyster Card. Then you get fined as you are travelling and he can't check your ticket.
    Not true. Oyster cards come with a paper "Record card" which shows the zones covered. I myself travel on rail + tube each day with an Oystercard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast