Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Ps2 Laser Adjustment (Again) FAQ?

Hiya

Myself and loads of my mates have modded ps2's. This is *not* a post specifically about modded ps2's so dont worry ;-)

My ps2 worked fine for almost a year and then started having bother reading some cd / dvd. I adjusted the pots without an oscilliscope thingy and it worked fine, thing is a few weeks later the same thing happens?!?

Can someone point me towards a definitive guide to how to properly tunes your ps2 laser?

If the ones that out there are not good enough why dont we put one together?

Surely the guys at NEO / other "vets" have all the info required?

I know loads of people who would love this guide / FAQ and I would be happy to write it given advice.

Later

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sounds like your laser is on its way out. Adjusting POTS will increase its use/ lifetime but as you say it dies shortly after - a sure sign its dying
    "Friendly fire will not be tolerated"

Thanks
    Karma Level

are they hard to fit? i think mine is going, it runs origals fine but it has trouble with backups sometime. it will run them after a couple of trys usually, turning my ps2 into verticle position helps, lol.

I seen they have them on psmods.com just wondering what cost would be to fit it, and wether its worth just buying a new ps2?
    "Erm, I think we're losing sight of the real issue here, which is 'What are we gonna call ourselves?' Erm, and I think it comes down to a choice between 'The League Against Salivating Monsters' or my own personal preference, which is 'The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society'. Erm, one drawback with that - the abbreviation is 'CLITORIS'." - Rimmer - Polymorph
    my box: amd athlon xp2200+ // 512mb ddr // gf4 ti4600 // winxp pro