Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Renault Laguna and lost key fob

i have lost my keys for my laguna. i have now got a new set of locks and ignition but i cannot get the car to start the central locking does not work with new keys i have been told i neeed to get the sensor above the interior mirror and imobiliser box from the donor car but i do not know where the imobiliser box is can anybody shed some light on the imboliser boxes location would be great or is there any way to disable the imobisier please help :splease :splease

the car is a P reg and a 1.8 rn

renault want £500 to fix the problem which i cannot aford they say i need a new key set ignition and a ecu

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Renault Laguna and lost key fob

Yes mate i cant tell you everything and its all bad news cos ive been there. The immobilser box u refer to is under the dash board next to the fuse boc. Its about 4 inches by 3 inches and 1 inch think.(Black in colour). Its set up with the engine management computer so i doubt you be able to use it on your car without getting it reprogrammed by renault.
    There is no way you can bypass the immobilser permantley and a new 1 with keys will cost you £500 in have installed. On the older models the keys just go out of tune and stop working with the car. You can have the keys retuned by renault for about £25.
    If you find someone who works for renault they can have the 4 digit code faxed from france and you can then put this code into the car using the button on the wash/wipe stalk. This switches off the immobilser (service mode) but they wont give you the code over the counter.
    Im off to a place of worship and wont be back till closing time

Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks for the info m8 ill give renault a ring.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I had the same problem about 6 mths ago.Iwent to the local Renault dealer explained what had happened.I had to take some form of proof of ownership and the log book for them to retrieve engine numbers etc,They sent to France and got me a new key for £25 ,then when it arrived I phoned them, they gave me a sequence of numbers and told me how to marry the key to the car.Its actually really simple to do.Have the female in your life die her hair blonde,ask her to act a bit dumb, and hey presto,works everytime