Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

yeh i read about i load of wank i think all u need is a rem sleep dectorer (dectes by the eyes) and a few lcds and a speaker that plays a little tune and a timer dely and wack it into a sleeping mask and ur there LOL

(17:18:34) (+Cam) i need to mount my xbox hdd in linux
    (17:19:02) (+SpikeWork) youth of today, they'll mount anything

Thanks
    Karma Level

Saw this program last night about UFO abduction.
    They said that people that experienced sleep paralysis, where having an abduction experience?

At some point this did confuse me somewhat. I've had sleep paralysis all my life, but it doesn't really mean I've been abducted surely?

I aslo know that at times of this sleep paralyzation I have experienced different things, and my sleep paralyzation has never really been the same as before.

Can anyone comment on this please!

Has anyone had different experiences through sleep paralysis or have they all been the same.

I do not believe that sleep paralyzation is proof or even means of UFO abductions. Saying this, I am fully aware that there is such things as abductions, whether through Alien or Military advanced technology.

My point is: sleep paralyzation does not mean they have been abducted?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

not sure if this is anything do do with what you have all been wrtining about, but can anybody relate to or explain why sometimes when u r falling asleep u feel a shock go thru ur body and wake up abruplty? sometime's this happens to me, and it;s almost as thought I have stopped breathing or my heart has stopped beating, but then it all kicks in with a jolt.....
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Okay chaps, I m going to throw another view on this.

The Chinese culture believe that when you get the expearience of not being able to move etc... and you feel a presence in the room. We call it "being visited by a spirit" I know this sounds lame to all you science buffs but most of them readily believe in this.

I'II tell you what happened to me - A few years ago I was staying over at a mates and In the middle night I woke up with all the hairs tingling on my back and I felt that there was someone watching me from the door way. (I slept with the door open) This really freaked me out as I had my eyes closed at the time but for some reason I just knew!
    I then felt it go away and then I heard my mate in the room next door moaning.(No dirty thoughts). So I shouted on him and he did not reply so I went over to wake him up. When I did he told me that he was parallised and was unable to move but awake. He also told me that he felt someone in the room with him at the time and it went when I came in.

So after this he told me that he routinely had these lapses since he was a kid.

Nothing came of this until recently I spoke to him and he told me that he told his mum about this and she got a Chinese priest to excise the ghost. After this he told me that it happened again to him but this time it was different. In that during the paralysis he heard a voice and some chanting. The voice was telling the spirit to go and rest etc... And guess what since then he has never it happen to him again. Kinda wierd eh?? Apparently some kind of menevolant spirit had been follwing him for years and playing games on him.

What do you think guys?? I got really spooked out about this as I honestly felt a "presence" in the room that night!! No joke!

Thanks
    Karma Level

wacky1

I've had this also, and I can say this: I believe every word of it.
    I was rushed awake one night, to find three bad spirits trying to drag my mate out of bed. I did my thing that made them go away.
    My mate in the morning asked if I could remember the night before. He was paralysed at the time. And thanked me for what I had done;-) which was very nice. You have awareness wacky1,
    you should learn to use it and only for the good of others and for the good of everyone.

Thanks for joining in.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi Gadgetman,

What do you mean by awareness? And the doing good not bad stuff? I am probably one of the most scientifically orientated people around so this stuff is wierd for me. But I believe in spirits now!

On your earlier question about getting paralysis for years, I would do what my mate did and get a medium or something to have a look if you have a spirit folllowing you or something...

Wacky1

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wacky1

[quote] What do you mean by awareness? And the doing good not bad stuff? I am probably one of the most scientifically orientated people around so this stuff is wierd for me. But I believe in spirits now! In my view, awareness, is something you use or you don't. In this context we are talking spiritual or as the layman terms: if you don't try to understand it, by not looking into these sort of experiences, if of course your experiencing things that are not of the norm (normal), then surely your not using your awareness. I'm not talking about the normal day of today things that we do, day in and day out of our daily lives.

We all carry some or a few spirits around with us all the time, and this is my belief, I don't care if anyone believes me or not.
    Doing good, wether in your life or in your mental mind, in my view is the same. Because I believe the body reacts from the way the mind thinks, thus you get your Karma (cause and effect).

[quote]On your earlier question about getting paralysis for years, I would do what my mate did and get a medium or something to have a look if you have a spirit folllowing you or something...

I have been into spiritualism for years. I also believe that you are or can be a medium onto your self, as everything is of the mind. I very well feel very positive about myself, and believe you and me, I've had my share of nightmares and all the horrors the mind can bring. but in the end we all need our selves to over come the highest mountains and the deepest sea's.
    I do strongly believe in mediums, but I'm also aware of needing my self, when thing are needed. I do not trust 90% of mediums, and that score maybe to low.

When I saw my mate in spiritual hardship, I used my mind, my belief to over come my friends conscious inability to handle his situation, otherwise I would not have been woken up by a force in such a split second situation, but I knew what I had to do. What I did, anyone can do, if you have the awareness to realise what is going on.

Sorry if I have bored you m8, this I hope will be an interesting thread.

thankx again.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have had this so many times it's like crazy, it scares the living shit out of me at times... like really.

In all honesty i have been getting this a lot after my weekend activities (ie sunday night - wednesday night).

I spend pretty much the whole weekend evenings on Ecstacy and alcohol, and have been getting some pretty nasty nightmares / small sleep paralyzis.

Could it be drugs based? or could it just be me sleeping uneasy.
    heard some poeple mention withdrawals can cause this... maybe thats it.

hmm very interesting thread though, when i try and explain this to people they just look at me as if im a freak!! lol.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Serial

The drugs you take that gives you this effect, only opens what is already available from you mind. I don't really think it only occures while taking drugs, but saying this, it would help to bring on this experience.
    Take notice of what your dreams/nightmares are telling you.
    When drugs are taken, you are open to all sorts of experiences which can be really mind-blowing to say the least.

I hope this is of some help? Stay off the Ecstasy, is my opinion.
    But then again, it is your life, so your the one who should in control at all times, whether drug related or not?

I don't know you from adam, but I'm sure your not a freak!!

Perception: use it or lose it, either way it's up to you m8;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

I found somethign out the other day about my dad. For years he's been like a dog with 2 dicks sleeping around like a male slag getting various women pregnant etc. (he left my mum about 10 years ago though). It turns out he has this weird problem were he will not fall asleep unless someone is with him , hence the need to try stay with women all the time. He recently started having strokes and when the doctor asked about his life style ie , drinking,smoking , sleeping he said he only gets like 2 hours sleep a night. After asking my mum she told me he would not fall asleep unless some one is there in the room with him and even then he'd wake up screaming every now and then. Im going to ask him whether he's been suffering from sleep paralysation etc.
    Could the whoel sleep paralysation thing be heridtory?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fett

I would imagine every human being is able to have these experiences, as to wether they remember them or not, is another matter.

I used to be like your dad, needing a women to sleep with, when I was a lot younger, but this was because I needed them to tell me what had happened in my sleep the night before. As I used to have some weird dreams. I even been told that I have spoken a language that I can't speak in my waking consciousness.

Remember the mind has different wave lengths it can alter to when ever it wants to.

Maybe your dad had sleeping problems when he was a kid?
    These sort of trauma's can follow you about all your life if they are not delt with.

Hope everythings okay with your dad m8;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers gadgetman.

Talking about this reminded me also of an article I read about the Nightmare On Elmstreet movies. Wes Craven got the inspiration for the film from 2 news articles regarding kids in china who would not fall asleep, they were convinced somethign would get them and they actually did die in their sleep , they were only young kids aswell but there was no signs of apparent death and it was put down to natural causes. They found a coffee maker in the 10 yr olds bedroom cupboard. There has been a few cases like this in china.

I read this in a film magazine. Anyone here have sleep paralysation that bad that they no longer want to sleep? I know Ive had a few cases in the early mornign and thought Theres no way im going back to sleep.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just having an out-of-body experience can bring this paralysation feeling on, when you are returning back, so to speak.
    It is when you are syncronizing. I don't think that sleep paralysation can be put down to one or two incidence's, I think it has a very wide variety of reasons.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Saw this program last night about UFO abduction.
    They said that people that experienced sleep paralysis, where having an abduction experience?

At some point this did confuse me somewhat. I've had sleep paralysis all my life, but it doesn't really mean I've been abducted surely?

I aslo know that at times of this sleep paralyzation I have experienced different things, and my sleep paralyzation has never really been the same as before.

Can anyone comment on this please!

Has anyone had different experiences through sleep paralysis or have they all been the same.

I do not believe that sleep paralyzation is proof or even means of UFO abductions. Saying this, I am fully aware that there is such things as abductions, whether through Alien or Military advanced technology.

My point is: sleep paralyzation does not mean they have been abducted?
    think of it this way say u get the signs of meningitus and u start to think u ave it and the more you wry about it the more you belive it
    so the more ppl who say they could of been abducted when they had sleep paralization cold they not be slipping into a lucid dream or a very real feeling dream and not bebale to wake stright away then a dream trigger (ie lookin at your hands or lookin at the fine print on your watch and seeing its different and then there brain snaps in that your dreaming and BAM! your outta the dream and able to move again

I've had this also, and I can say this: I believe every word of it.
    I was rushed awake one night, to find three bad spirits trying to drag my mate out of bed. I did my thing that made them go away.
    My mate in the morning asked if I could remember the night before. He was paralysed at the time. And thanked me for what I had done;-) which was very nice. You have awareness wacky1,
    you should learn to use it and only for the good of others and for the good of everyone.

Thanks for joining in.
    im guessing you were in the same room as him if you were close (your brain may funtion differently as all this sleep stuff that u ave got ) and is it possible ur rem path ways crossed? and u were just hyavein another 1 of ur fuked up dream?.....im sry i belive in aliens and thoses types of things but sprits thats a bit far even for me we cant be alone and i think people being abducted is a load of crock if aliens wanted to study us or wot eva y not come and make cotact

yes were not alone
    no they dont abduct us
    no there arnt sprits if there are sprits y would they spend time followin us around y havent they rested in 'haven' or 'hell'

yeh i would love to be a ghost but i wouldnt spend my day following ppl round

n e way back to the topic

as u no i was trying to do this lucid dreamin but i stoped cos i went on hoilday and things but im gonna try now

those sudden jerks like sum 1 has stuck and power lead up ya arse i ave them all the time main when i shud be getting up and going to sleep the 1s getting up is your body telling you OI GET UP U SHUD BE UP BY NOW

the 1s going to sleep i cant answer but have a thery there for your body to annoy you oi told ya u shud of gotten up

(yes 2.32 and im still up LOL)

(17:18:34) (+Cam) i need to mount my xbox hdd in linux
    (17:19:02) (+SpikeWork) youth of today, they'll mount anything

Thanks
    Karma Level

I used to get this allot when I was a kid. On the worst occasion, it was like I was awake, I could hear and see everything, my mum was shaking me trying to wake me but I could not move, but at the same time I had this extremely sharp pain in my left hand side which would come and go. It also felt kinda like I was looking at myself from above (sounds lame huh). I just snapped out of it, but could still feel the pain in my side, for a few days.

another time (the last) which was about 4 years I was with my g/f, I had been out drinking but not had allot (I wasn't drunk) and had smoked a few bongs as well. I had a really bad sore throat (the start of a nasty flu virus) so I took some paracetamol and went to bed. My g/f came up an hour or so later but didn't wake me, I was out cold. About 3am it started and lasted till around 6:30, it was the worst thing that ever happened to me. What ever I tried to do to make it stop like telling myself what was happening I would feel ok for about 10 mins and then slip back to square one (it was very frustating), this went on the whole time till I actually got a grip and came out of it. I spoke to a friend about this and she reckons it was a brought on by my cocktail of alchohol, dope, paracetamol, and flu symptoms.

I also used to sleepwalk allot when I was a kid, could this have anything to do with it?

Thanks
    Karma Level

What ever I tried to do to make it stop like telling myself what was happening I would feel ok for about 10 mins and then slip back to square one (it was very frustating)
    I hear what ya saying 100% mate. This is what happened to me a lot. It happened regular when I was a kid and basicly left me too scared to fall back asleep.

Its been a little while since I last had one happen though.

Thanks
    Karma Level

did anyone watch the program on BBC2 this week on narcolepsy?

I think it was Horizon or some science program, it was on on Thursday evening anyway.

It claims a cure for narcolepsy has been found, but all they have to do is make the cure into a drug that can be taken.

here's the link if you didn't see it!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon...rcolepsy.shtml

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeh, watched this progam.
    was very interesting:-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lucid Dreams, film Vanilla Sky, wasn't that film about how in the future rather than die, they can keep you alive forever in a state of Lucid dreams!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Anyone still getting this?

Of the last few weeks this feeling has started again.
    It has now become more regular.
    There seems to be negative "vibrations" around my body.

Some times, there seems to be the feeling that the earth is shaking
    like an earth quake.

Is anyone else getting this? :nowords: :nowords: :nowords:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast