Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Other regions of bbc1 on sky

Hi all,

I have a ftv card on my digi box,the box only receives the welsh channels(bbc wales/htv/s4c.
    I have the other regions for granada/ch4 etc,but have no other regions for the bbc channels.

How can i get bbc1 north west?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i had a list ov channels u could tune in on but i cant find it at the mo...ill give u a link asap unless sum1 else beats me 2 it

l8r m8

Thanks
    Karma Level

http://www.wildsat.com/

http://www.lyngsat.com

try these 2. Im sure though you can only get bbc2 other regions cos your card wont allow for more BBC1. I could be wrong though.
    Last edited by 4me2; 2nd July 2002 at 09:54 PM.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

try this site, click on more links then follow heading
    S.T.V ON YOUR SKY DIGIBOX.
    hope this helps

www.celticend.com

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Postcodes

At the moment you can tune into EVERY ITV region on the digibox, you will also receive different BBC2 Choice channels. BBC1 is a diffferent matter. The BBC1 region programming that you get is linked to the postcode that the card is sent to by $ky or the BBC if you have requested a Free-To-Air card. The only way to get a different BBC1 region than from where you live is if you know someone who lives in that region (e.g. a pal in Edinburgh for BBC1 Scotland). They must get the card sent to them, post it to you, then you call BBC to activate the FTV card (witholding your telephone number), then Bingo you have it. Problem is one card for one machine, so it means either not subscribing to $ky, just using the box for FTV or getting another box, 1 for FTV with a different region, and 1 for your normal subs. Long-winded but hope it's a good explanation>>>>>Steve The Jack

Thanks
    Karma Level

It is possible if you change the postcode bytes in the replies from the card to the 48 58 and 48 1C commands that the CAM sends.

<EDIT>

Actually thats not strictly true as yet, BBC channels are a bit funny but it works for the ITV & CH4.
    Last edited by Timmy; 17th July 2002 at 03:04 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i live in the north west so i dont want to look the london bbc1 do i have to phone sky?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Same Problem

Live in north west and gte bbc1 london, phoned sky and they said newt do with them, what can i do ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm afraid it isn't possible as it depends on your postcode hence you only get the ones your meant to ..

sorry...

Ham

Thanks
    Karma Level

If your Sky Digibox has 2 card slots can you not use both, one for your sky subscriptions and the other for the free BBC of the region you want. Assuming you get the card for the area you want.
    I would like BBC1 Scotland but living in Northumberland even though I am only 30 miles from the border can only get English BBC channels.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by NIGE2239
    If your Sky Digibox has 2 card slots can you not use both, one for your sky subscriptions and the other for the free BBC of the region you want. Assuming you get the card for the area you want.
    That I find very hard to believe m8.
    As far as Im aware all Sky digiboxes have 2 card slots one being for the interactive card card. I seem to remember my sister saying that when she had hers installed a few years back that the installer warned her not to let the kids play with the card or stick it in the wrong slot otherwise it would knacker up the software and would cost 50 quid to repair. Also if was possible to use two cards then surely thats what the Irish would have done along time ago to get more channels ?
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The only way to get a different BBC1 region than from where you live is if you know someone who lives in that region (e.g. a pal in Edinburgh for BBC1 Scotland). They must get the card sent to them, post it to you, then you call BBC to activate the FTV card (witholding your telephone number), then Bingo you have it. Problem is one card for one machine, so it means either not subscribing to $ky, just using the box for FTV or getting another box, 1 for FTV with a different region, and 1 for your normal subs

id just like to point out that this is incorrect.
    i have just recieved a fta card curtosy of a df member and all u do is take out your sky card and put in the fta card. you then phone them up and get the card activated by giving them the serial number of your box and a few other things.
    once that has been done they will tell you to leave the card in and the box on as it takes upto 24 hours to activate it.
    in my case the channels were active within the a few hours and then the next morning(approx 20 hours latre) bbc scotland went on. since then i have watched sky as normal and you simply swap the sky card for the bbc fta card when u want to watch a program on the different region of bbc.
    this causes no problems and i was told (unofficialy) by someone who works for sky that this doesnt harm your box or card in anyway.
    as i have said above i can confirm this 100% as i am using this method to watch the bbc scotland.

hope this helps people

DM

Thanks
    Karma Level

hello, DM
    can they not find out where the digi-box is thru the telephone number you give them?
    cheers,BG

Thanks
    Karma Level

try avin a look at this thread m8, it talks u through the process i used to get the card, it takes a bit of time to read but it worked for me and theres no reason y it shouldnt work for u.

http://64.4.36.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_l...goto%3dnewpost
    Celtic FC 1888

Thanks
    Karma Level

hello there i just want to point out that i followed danger mouse`s instructions and i now have bbc1 scotland which i use to watch the scottish football,all you do is turn off your box swap cards then turn it back on, a few seconds later you have bbc1 scotland just do the same the other way to get your own ppv
    channels back.{dont forget to get your card activated first}
    thanx to danger mouse once more.