Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: creatine

Thanks
    Karma Level

Creatine gives great results and is still under investigation in the States.

Personally I wouldn't recommend it's use - especially with teenagers as long term side effects are unknown.

Wait 5 years - see if theres a big jump in bodybuilders dieing with cancer and then decide whether to take it.

Zach

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just another technique that I have been using - with superb results - is to do 3 or max 4 sets of 12-15 reps max...
    BUT... do it as heavy as you comfortably can and do it slowly, ie. with dumbbell curls do 4-6seconds up and the same down... until momentary muscle failure. This, in my experience, is the key to very fast muscle growth.
    Most of what I said here is obvious to a lot of you... but someone might get some good benefits out of this.
    So to reiterate... do every excercise until temporary muscle failure - and if possible have someone there to spot you for obvious reasons. This has worked better for me than any other technique I've tried.

And yes, I have been using creatine for the past 3 years as well... no problems thus far.

Hope this helps...

Siber

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Gunny could you mail me that workout plan plz? I'm just starting out and I'd like some pointers.

charlopsx@hotmail.com

thanks bud...

Time Flies when you're having fun! A decade of DF - April 2002-2012.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hello?

Time Flies when you're having fun! A decade of DF - April 2002-2012.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Read this in this months NiNE magazine:
    "Stay away from coffee or cola if you regularly tkae creatine supplements to boost lean body mass and improve your athletic performance. Researchers in Belgium have discovered that, even in small amounts, caffeine completely undermines the benefits of creatine. This is because, while creatine makes more calcium available to muscles, improving there ability to flex, contraqct and grow, caffeine appears to have the effect of limiting calcium availability."
    Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but thought it might explain peoples varying results.

Thanks
    Karma Level

For any one using or wanting to use creatine i recommend you take it like this.
    The main benefit you get from taking it, is that your muscle now has the ability to hold 76% of water instead of 72% this is why you drink lots of water when your on it
    If any one wants to look i`ve put a very very basic routine on my website. Feel free to contact me .
    http://www.btinternet.com/~j.m.wells...iningguide.txt

Bodyweight Phase 1 (loading) Phase 2 (maintenance)
    days 1-4 days 5 and on
    65-74kg 143-163lbs 10g per day (2x5g per day) 3g per day
    75-84kg 165-185lbs 15g per day (2x7.5g per day) 4g per day
    85-95kg 187-209lbs 20g per day (2x10 per day) 5g per day

5. Proper usage
    Of course, first read the label and any additional leaflets that come with your brand of creatine monohydrate.
    Usually, the use of creatine is split into a loading and maintenance phase. During the loading phase, large quantities of creatine monohydrate are taken. Because the creatine only slowly disappears from the body, a maintenance phase in which less creatine is taken will still provide the body with adequate levels of creatine. For suggested duration of the phases and quantities see below.
    It is recommended to drink lots of water while on the creatine.
    [From the Training-Nutrition faq: Powder form is preferred over capsules.
    Most users recommend a loading phase when first starting with CM. For 5 to 7 days, take a teaspoon (approx. 5 grams) 5 times per day. After that go on maintenance at 5 grams twice per day.]
    Note: it is discouraged to use caffeine while on creatine; while creatine makes your muscles hold water, caffeine will do the opposite, thereby reducing the effects of the creatine intake.
    Don't mix creatine with citrus juice. Orange, grapefruit, cranberry, in fact, most fruit juices have been most recently found to neutralize the activity of creatine monohydrate. The reason is the waste product creatinine develops. A lot of you put creatine on your tongue and drink it down with grapefruit juice. If you have taken creatine this way in the past, stop it now! You are not getting creatine, you're getting waste product.
    Do mix creatine monohydrate with warm water--in a glass. This is the only way to ensure you're getting the full benefits of creatine in its dry form. Creatine does not have to dissolve to be effective.
    Do be sure to drink a full eight ounce glass of good water 8 times a day. Creatine pulls water from other parts of the body to perform its work in cell volumization of the muscle. This is what makes the muscle larger and firmer. Replenish your H2O!

Thanks
    Karma Level

anyone had any problems with muscle strains (eg pulled hamstrings, etc) after hitting the creatine??

Thanks
    Karma Level

Gunny could you mail me that workout plan plz?

honky113@hotmail.com

Cheers
    Steven

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123