Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Mosley Is desperate to make it interesting

FIA reveals swap proposal

Motorsport boss Max Mosley has announced a plan for drivers to swap between teams during the Formula One season.
    The proposal was tabled as Formula One bosses consider ways to prevent any team from dominating in the way Ferrari have this year.
    Michael Schumacher won his fifth world drivers' championship with six races left.
    And team-mate Rubens Barrichello will finish runner-up after eight first and second place finishes between them.
    On Tuesday, F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone suggested that teams with a performance advantage should be given weight penalties next season.
    But Mosley's suggestion is the most outlandish yet, and if it is accepted by F1 bosses at a meeting on 28 October, fans could see Schumacher race in a Minardi next season.
    "There is a large number of very radical proposals that have been circulated to the teams for discussion," Mosley, president of the sport's governing body the FIA, told The Daily Telegraph newspaper.
    "Some of these are very speculative ideas and we have to talk to the teams about them, but we mustn't sit there and not talk about these things.
    "There is an argument for each driver driving each car once.
    "This has an advantage because then we would see who are the best drivers and teams.
    "And if there are means to make it more interesting for the public then we have to talk about them.
    "I think everyone who is really concerned about F1 will agree we are facing a difficult situation.
    "The ballast idea is not my preferred option, but what might emerge at the end might bear little resemblance to what is being discussed.

From the
    BBC

Thanks
    Karma Level

seeing is believing , theyve both been spouting shit like this for years but nothing changes.

The only fair way is a new points system 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 so that the winner doesnt run away and become impossible to catch up by half season.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The ballast idea is crap in my opinion but the swapping drivers round is even worse. Cut out all the electronic only 1 engine per weekend (no qualifying engine) is whats needed. The points system idea 4me2 suggests also seems sensible. Also each teams drivers should race no more of the ferrari tricks
    If it don't work hit it with a hammer, if it still don't work hit it with an axe

Thanks
    Karma Level

Could you imagine Ferrari letting Sato in one of there cars, i think not, he would crash the thing by the first bend.

Ballast seems to work in Touring Cars, but they would need to award points for qualifying highly and then ballast them for the race.

Alternatively the other teams could get their damn fingers out and design a decent feckin car instead of bitchin' that other teams are doing better than them, Damn cry babies, am i the only one who remebers MaClaren winning 14 out of the 15 races around 10 years ago
    Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.
    -Isaac Asimov

Thanks
    Karma Level

4me2
    A points system would stop runaway victories but mechanical failures with that system would ruin a good drivers chances even more.