For Those Who Have A Picky Xbox Dvd Drive..., try this...it works....

Thread: For Those Who Have A Picky Xbox Dvd Drive..., try this...it works....

fluid said:

For Those Who Have A Picky Xbox Dvd Drive..., try this...it works....

ok...say u have a $#!tty xbox dvd drive..and you want to use cheap dvd-r or dvd-rw but you are not the kind of person that like to open up ur xbox and are too lazy to play with the POT...(like me) well try this....

1.get the evolution X DASHBOARD to ur HD on XBOX
    2.put in a game that is burned on the cheap or that is unable to read by ur xbox (u know...the one that always give u the DIRTY DISK ERROR)....now in this case ofcourse ur xbox will just boot to the evo dash..but no worries....
    3.fire up flashftp or what ever u are using to connect ur xbox and make sure you go into" D drive." ( "D:/" ) the dvd rom drive on xbox...now u will see folders and files...ok...
    4.go to "command" and then "raw command" (for those of u who use flashftp) then type "EXECUTE D:/default.xbe" (without quote) and sit back and see the game boot...

i know it's an extra step to go through...but if you want u can edit menu.ini and just set it up as a command..so there is no need to use ftp....either way it's a good idea if you don't want to buy more branded disks and spend more money on dvd-r/rw

i tried this on a few system already ..and all of them boot disks that they weren't able to before... i don't know if it will work for sure for everyone....but it's worth a try

Tioga said:

wow great find... nice, this is great info if any of my frinds who are going to get a xbox soon have any problems

B|unted said:

yeah m8! nice try ...
    will test it.

but whut about Multi-Game DVDs ... there are more xbe's than just default.xbe - did you try this as well ?

donty said:

the default.xbe is the game selector xbe so u run that.

G-Funk said:

How do you set it as a command in the menu.ini mate?

dCiSo said:

Item "DVDROM Launch","d:\default.xbe"

G-Funk said:

Cheers dCiSO

MtlDty said:

I read about this a week or two ago and have never got it to work... I'd be interested to hear if it does work for other people.

{{909}} said:

seems a bit of a ballache for the sake of 10p or whatever for a better dvdr, it is interesting tho, maybe this can be used and integrated into evox

*edit* duh..should have read the first post properly :o:
    Last edited by {{909}}; 2nd August 2002 at 09:01 PM.

Degszie said:

now that sounds interesting
    might stick me xbox rom back in just to try it

got an LG in there atm

will try tomorrow and post my results

Aido said:

Originally posted by MtlDty
    I read about this a week or two ago and have never got it to work... I'd be interested to hear if it does work for other people.
    sometimes the disk needs ejecting and reinserting a few times before the xbox will read it, just keep trying & refreshing the directory a few times..

when I got this problem tho it was a disk that had been burnt at Max speed in Primo - it dropped down to 1x anyway but there are issues, see other posts on here about burning at 2x..

reburnt at 1x and it booted straight away, no need to use the EvoX ftp server to boot the disk...

Men@cer said:

Did not work for me but did my m8

The Gab said:

Originally posted by G-Funk
    How do you set it as a command in the menu.ini mate?
    It's already in the menu.ini. Goto launch menu -> game on disc -> launch disc inserted. No need to do anything cos it's already there.

uncleODog said:

Worked for me fine.

Mike1126 said:

My XBOX reads my disk fine but when I access my D: all I see are the VIDEO files, there is not a deault.xbe file in there. What should I do?

thereaslimshady said:

an easier way is use boxplorer and goto the d drive through that and load the game or menu from there

slim

pmat said:

i haven't got a clue what you guys are doing! explain in idiot terminology.
    is it a good idea to use a different dvd rom than the standard x-box one?

dingle_666 said:

look on [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

*edit* mis read the p[ost lol

capt_peo said:

A while ago this was used to boot cdrs, I havent tried it but supposedly it worked.