Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Stages problem with repacked KOF2000 (the music.afs sort)

ok 1st kof2K is AMAZING on vga box + big monitor with arcade pads =)

now my problem :
    I repacked kof using tutorial found here, I have power bars, options and such.
    But there seem to be a new problem : I played it with friends for hours in team versus, and when randomly selecting battle stage, it always select 3 or 4 stages, and we didn't see others. I think there is one stage per character, but maybe I am wrong. I guess this loading problem has something to do with the new sorting, maybe game doesnt go past a certain sector when looking or stages ?

so if anyone has a bright fix for it it'd be very cool

I noticed another problem. I went into options and changed some (like Flashing ON), then option bars vanished again ! So I guess the music.afs sorting is a good fix but not the ultimate one, and I wonder what I should try to fix it ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

The backgrounds are dependant on the striker character you choose. So You get to see all the backgrounds if you cycle trough all the diffrent strikers. And don't forget about the extra strikers and maniac strikers. For example if you choose Fio, you'll get a metal slug background.
    Also some backgrounds need to be unlocked first, with the puzzles.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Stages problem with repacked KOF2000 (the music.afs sort)

Originally posted by thebeholder
    ok 1st kof2K is AMAZING on vga box + big monitor with arcade pads =)

I noticed another problem. I went into options and changed some (like Flashing ON), then option bars vanished again ! So I guess the music.afs sorting is a good fix but not the ultimate one, and I wonder what I should try to fix it ?
    Well, I've never ran into that problem myself. My fixed copy of KOF 2K seems to work fine. Did you happen to turn on "Display Cut" by any chance? That option is supposed to hide the life bars.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well we chose different strikers in like 50 games and the stages were still the same, only 3-4 loading.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Maybe there was a write error when you burned the fixed CD. Here's what I would do to check:

1) If you can, use ISOBuster to extract the files from the original .CDI image to your hard drive. Otherwise, copy all of the files from your original (non-fixed) KOF2000 image to a directory your hard drive.

2) Insert your fixed KOF 2000 disc in your CD drive.

3) Do a binary comparison of the CD's files to the hard drive's KOF2K files. If you don't have a file comparison util, I recommend Beyond Compare: http://www.scootersoftware.com/dl.html
    Beyond Compare can compare two entire directory trees with a few clicks.

4) If the comparison fails (i.e. some of the files are different), you have a bad burn. If the comparison is successful, try re-doing the fix and burning at a slower speed (like 2X).

If you still have problems after that, well, maybe your GD-ROM drive is dying. All I know is I can definitely get more than 3-4 backgrounds on my fixed copy.

Thanks
    Karma Level

BTW, to see some of the extra stages, I believe you have to pick an "Another Striker" (in real English, an alternate striker). For example, I think Terry's alternate striker is Geese (select him by choosing Terry as your 4th character, then pressing left or right on the D-Pad). If the 2nd player picks Geese in VS. mode, you should get one of the extra backgrounds.