Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox Live Tutorial: Accessing ALL US content from Outside USA on Xbox 360.

Hello All.

I thought I'd share this little Gem I've been using. Until recently, Having a US address on a GamerTag was sufficient to download Videos/Demo's etc and pay for things using US MS Points. Now when trying to buy certain titles or watch certain videos, You get a message saying 'This Video/Game/etc is not available in your region' or something to that effect. I personally download the videos off Zune in the USA because they generally have more thing I'm interested in also We don't get the MLB games over in the UK on 360, So I like to download the demo's. Now lets get down to business!

For this tutorial You will need the following:

1.A PC/Mac with an Ethernet port and a WiFi adapter, or two Ethernet ports with one connection to the internet and the other spare.
    2. An Ethernet cable *The one which comes with the Xbox is sufficient*
    3. A program called 'Hot Spot Shield' Downloadable from here. This creates a VPN connection on your PC.
    4. A Gamertag which is signed up with a US address (Google around for one, according to my US Xbox Profile, I live in Beverly Hills, Hollywood with the Zip code, 90210).

Now here we go. You'll need the Xbox set up in the following way:

Xbox--ethernet-->PC/Laptop

I'm doing this under windows 7, but it will be basically the same for all Operating systems. You need to find the option of 'View Network Connections', it's under Networking.

It should come up listing all the available devices you have for connecting to the internet. In my case, It is my laptop's ethernet and my WiFi Connection. On the active internet connection, You need to right click and click properties.

You then need to click the sharing tab, and click 'Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection'.

This will enable your Xbox to get online through your PC. Once this is done, run a test on your Xbox to check if you can connect to live. Once you've checked this is ok, Run the 'HotSpot Shield' program. This should load up a web browser, once it's loaded, click Connect.

It should say some stuff about connecting and validating then it should say Connected. Once this is done, You are given a US IP address, this means your Xbox will now think you are in the USA so you can use all your points and do whatever us users outside the US cannot do. This also includes NetFlix!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Tutorial: Accessing ALL US content from Outside USA on Xbox 360.

Is this Hotspot Shield US only or can you configure it to spoof any region/country?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

hotspot shield is US only. Were you looking for a JAP one?

Thanks
    Karma Level

No, I was more thinking of being able to access iPlayer / TVCatchup etc from Thailand.

Laptop 1 WiFi -> Internet
    Laptop 1 NIC -> Laptop 2 NIC (watch the programs on here)

I have tried proxies when I was in Greece before but never really found any that worked, at least reliably or without problems, or payment.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

would the hotspot work on a ps3 ?
    I STINK GET OVER IT !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes mate should do as long as you setup as described (sharing the pc connection) then it`ll work with anything you connect through the pc