Close

Thread: Meeting players

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Meeting players

Any advice would be helpful. My son loves to meet players and get his cards signed (or anything else he has to hand!), He meets Man Yoo players often, some City players too but nobody else. Can anyone offer some information where he might be able to meet players from other clubs? As we're near Manchester, clubs up here would be best although we do go to London quite often and as he is my son, and naturally I would do anything for him, I'd probably take him anywhere if he got more chances.
    Apathy? can't be arsed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Meeting players

Dress up as Page 3 Stunnas and go to Essex nightclubs?

It's not rocket science, wijit. You take him to games and to training sessions and hang about with the other autograph hunters where the players exit the buildings to find their Humvees.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yep Mr Pill hit the nail on the head, go and stand outside training facilities and the grounds to catch them as they leave or arrive I did hear that united players had now been told not to sign some stuff at their training ground as the people there are makeing money from selling signed stuff on ebay. Down at Burnden there used to be a guy wearing a hearts shirt who turned up for everything just to get autographs of the visiting teams I did see him in the erarly years at the reebok but havn't for a while.
    Bolton use the old royal ordnance factory, Euxton Lane in Euxton near chorley just off the M61.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers guys. However Mr Pill whilst it's not rocket science it's also not that straight forward, believe me. For one thing, not all clubs advertise where their training facilities are and also going to games isn't always an option. Chelsea and Arsenal are more that just difficult to get tickets for. Plus there are other ways for him to meet them. A great example is El Hadj Diouf, he is always at the top of King Street in Manchester, a lot of Sheffield United players have been on Deansgate this week for some reason.
    This is what I was getting at, if anyone knew of places which may not be that obvious.
    Apathy? can't be arsed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by wijit View Post
    A great example is El Hadj Diouf, he is always at the top of King Street in Manchester, a lot of Sheffield United players have been on Deansgate this week for some reason.
    Who've ya seen?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers guys. However Mr Pill whilst it's not rocket science it's also not that straight forward, believe me. For one thing, not all clubs advertise where their training facilities are and also going to games isn't always an option. Chelsea and Arsenal are more that just difficult to get tickets for. Plus there are other ways for him to meet them. A great example is El Hadj Diouf, he is always at the top of King Street in Manchester, a lot of Sheffield United players have been on Deansgate this week for some reason.
    This is what I was getting at, if anyone knew of places which may not be that obvious.
    So what, you're going to catalogue a few places where players have supposedly been sighted and take your kid and hang about on a street corner waiting for them to possibly turn up? You go to where they're definitely going to be, otherwise you'll probably spend the day looking like a Big Issue seller and probably not see anyone past a few Sunday leaguers in their office clothes. Your kid'll worship you for that I'm sure.

Having difficulty getting info on training grounds? Ask that question here. That or go to the teams' respective club forums and ask there. Phone the clubs. I'm sure they get these requests all the time. Some may tell you to piss off, some may not. Also, yes, I'm sure it's difficult to get Arsenal tickets sometimes, but certainly not for some of the cup matches and even moreso Chelsea. Fucking hell, get down to a Fulham home game every Saturday and you'll get a ticket in the home end. There're also charity matches and testimonials that are particularly good for being in situations where you can have players ears.

'El Hadj Diouf, he is always at the top of King Street in Manchester'?? lol what the fuck? Come on....

Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree with Walter on this one, your theory is a bit crazy...

Anyway, not too sure about now, but I know The Living Room was pretty popular with quite a few Utd and City players, they used to have their own champagne boxes behind the bar, but it is usually VIP only when they are in there.

Better yet, take Walters advice and start getting down to training grounds and cup games where the big teams are at small clubs/grounds and easier to get access to on the way into and out of the stadium.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Go San Carlo's in town its Rio Ferdinands fave restaurant (apart from his own obviously) we were in there for a meal last week and was sat talking to Kiko Macheda and Patrice Evra. Also Rio's own restaurant "Rosso"
    Whislt Rosso is a bit pricey, dont be put off San Carlos thinking it will cost the earth, its no more expensive than your average decent Italian and the food is to die for. Always full of United players and unfortunately the odd Citeh player!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Foxy11; The only ones I recognise are Bennett the goalie, Naysmith, Henderson and Fortune. there are three or four others but I don't know them.
    Mr Pill, I don't think you get it but not to worry. I think you'd be surprised how unhelpful clubs are when you ask for details of training grounds. Yes, Diouf is pretty always around King Street. He was there again today, as yesterday. Other times he's down on Deansgate but I've only seen him in the afternoons. Obviously not a morning person, unless he actually trains to be that bad!
    Rikman, My son was taken into the living room at the end of last season by the bloke who was looking after the trophy for the end of season do. they started off at San Carlos and went up the alley way to the back entrance of the Living Room. Most of the team signed his shirt then but he met the rest when he was taken in. Obviously not allowed into the main bit he was in a back room and the guys came out to see him. They were extremely nice in the circumstances, and there are very few ways a bloke can see his son that happy without it costing an arm and leg.
    My lad has been very fortunate and has a nice collection of things which hopefully will help him to remember just some of the good times he had with his dad when I'm not here anymore. It might even inspire him to place importance of little treats when he has a child or two.
    Apathy? can't be arsed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Foxy11; The only ones I recognise are Bennett the goalie, Naysmith, Henderson and Fortune. there are three or four others but I don't know them.
    Pfft! You should be educating your lad on all of the Blades, not just a few.

If you'd have took him up our academy last week you'd have got all the Blades and Toon first teams (behind "closed" doors friendly, in which we battered them ), though you'd have had to have been there early doors as Toon are currently taking beefy security everywhere and were at the gates!

Thanks
    Karma Level

If your interested I will try and get you the training schedule of Bolton? I was talking to the woman who works up there tonight at the Burnley game, aparently the Bolton under 18s played Celtics under 19's today.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Mr Pill, I don't think you get it but not to worry.
    Oh believe me, I do get it...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by foxy11 View Post
    Pfft! You should be educating your lad on all of the Blades, not just a few.

If you'd have took him up our academy last week you'd have got all the Blades and Toon first teams (behind "closed" doors friendly, in which we battered them ), though you'd have had to have been there early doors as Toon are currently taking beefy security everywhere and were at the gates!
    I struggle keeping up with him! He has memorised most premier league players names and numbers and has now moved on to the championship. I think it'll be a while before he gets to my beloved Morecambe!
    Apathy? can't be arsed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Little John View Post
    If your interested I will try and get you the training schedule of Bolton? I was talking to the woman who works up there tonight at the Burnley game, aparently the Bolton under 18s played Celtics under 19's today.
    That'd be fantastic LJ, cheers!
    Apathy? can't be arsed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Been in the NUFC players lounge a couple of times thanks to VIP passes from Nicky Butt. Never ask for autographs as im a bit old to be asking

However i have seen/spoke to;

Nicky Butt
    Tim Krul(His lass is fit)
    Nile Ranger(His mated look like thugs lol)
    Danny Guthrie
    Kevin Nolan(My cousin got invited to his Exec Box at the wrestling in december after the watford match)
    Peter Lovenkrands

Next time i will only buy 1 pint lol they charge £4.60/Pint in there. Fat shop keeper making his money back through friends/family of players in the players lounge

I'm to shy/old to ask for photo's taken lol but i took 1 of the Sign on the Door lol

d3xt0r

Thanks
    Karma Level

Arsenal train in London Colney, and you can often see them leaving, and giving out autographs.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

Unfortunatly training is a private thing now so getting to watch isn't gonna happen. The only thing she said was that most players have left before lunch.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers Gunner and LJ. I'll take him down to both in half term. he has quite a collection now and often gets little tips (bloody obvious ones to you and I) on his game so he's an extremely happy bunny!
    Apathy? can't be arsed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Has he ever watched a game live?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Little John View Post
    Has he ever watched a game live?
    yeah, unfortunately for me he abandoned the idea of supporting Morecambe and is a Man Yoo fan. We go to maybe half a dozen United games, the same with City (it's only down the road) and we go up to Morecambe a few times to. My in-laws are in Scotland so we get to a few matches there.
    He get's stuff signed after most games, but other clubs are a bit more difficult if you don't know where the players come and go.
    The boy will be worth a fortune!
    Apathy? can't be arsed.