Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Broken DigiBox! argh!

I think the tuner has gone in my (second) digibox.. damn old pace thing.. heres the deal, phoned sly up and told em - told me the usual turn it on and off crap.. then, told me they would send someone out, costing me 60quid! Then the price of the new box etc.. hahah, i told em im cancelling and getting it all re-installed for 30quid instead! Cheaper and get new box for free, and dish! They told me they reccomend against this! haha, anyone suprised? idiots!!

Mick

Thanks
    Karma Level

i always wondered if you could do that,instead of taking out that ripp of insurance,surely it can't be as easy as cancel your subs and order a new system for next to nothing.Can anyone else shed any light ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Apparently it is that easy mate, infact, its my local sly man who told me to do that! He was in doing a demo in a store near me, I told him my box was goosed and he told me 2 cancel my current one and sign up again and its as easy as that! as long as your out of your 12month original contract there is nothing they can do or say! The woman from sly when I foned told me that i would'nt get my box and dish for free as it wasnt my first installiation, how she can say that I dont know as it aint sly who actually hand it over is it? its whoever frickin' does it! They just want the 60quid +whatever else they charge for the new box etc! God there rip off merchants!

Thanks
    Karma Level

THE WAY FORWARD IS TO GIVE YOUR ADRESS AND CALL IT WHAT EVER IT IS + FLAT A, AND TELL SKY YOU LIVE ABOVE SAY 6 FLAT NUMBER 6a THEY WON'T HAVE U ON RECORD THEN BOB'S YOUR UNCLE NEW RECEIVER FOR £30.
    JUST SAY NO....

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you order your "New" box from Sky then it is probably adisable not to let them in on the game. It certainly is possible to obtain a second free box for a household as I know many people who have done it, but by doing so bear in mind that you are being fraudulent when completing the contract form, not that it seems to worry most people LOL.

I believe that sky will supply a substitute box for £50 anyway, but you have to ring them up to cancel (not threaten to cancel) and tell them its because the box is fried. They will then normally make the offer of the replacement box.

N

Thanks
    Karma Level

I obtained a tuner from CPC for a m8 for £25 who couldn,t obtain a lock. Soldered it in and it,s fine. A bit tricky but not impossible.