Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Temperature Trouble

Hi

I've been reading on here about people who have overheating processors so i decided to check on mine!!

Im running an Athlon 1.2ghz in a MSI 6340M motherboard and after running MotherBoard Monitor 5 i get the following results:

Sensor 1 = 24 degrees C
    Sensor 2 = 77 degrees C
    Sensor 3 = 77 degrees C

Fan 1 = 4623 RPM
    Fan 2 = 3443 RPM

I am a little worried about the 77 degrees tho! I have on my processor a Coolermaster heatsink and fan which was recommended for an Athlon 1.4ghz and an internal case fan!

while poking in the case the only thing i can feel that gets hot is the graphics card altho the fan on this is on its way out and doesnt seem to spin too quick!

Could it be that these readings are ****ed up at all as i really don't want my processor to die on me! I did leave the PC off for an hour and as soon as i booted it back up i checked on the temperature and straight upto 77 degrees again

Any help VERY much appreciated!

Lemaru

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't know exactly which figures the sensor readings are for? Is the 77C for the Graphics Card?

4623 RPM seems quite low to me for the cpu fan, mine is almost two years old now, and I don't remember what make it is, but it spins at 6000 RPM.

Take a look here as well.

http://digital-forums.com/forum/show...threadid=67040
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”

Thanks
    Karma Level

Dont know wot the sensors are for exactly! theres only 3 sensors that i can select and two of them both say 77degC

If its for the graphics card then that will be my worries over!

Im gonna have a poke inside tomorrow and see how hot it is to the touch!

cheers mate

lemaru

Thanks
    Karma Level

i have tried speed fan and that says 128degrees and also tried cpucool and that reports -127

using MBM i find that if i slow down the fans then it does show the change on the dashboard but the temperature never changes from 77degreesC

the fan on my gfx card is now totally dead so i tried an old voodoo2 16meg card i got lying about (which also gets fukkin hot coz it aint got a fan on it) and again the temperature stays the same so its not the gfx card causing it!

Gonna put round cables in and a new fan on the gfx card! Should this change the temperature at all?!?

Surely it should chage from 77 at some point?!?

Also how hot would the heatsink on the CPU feel if the processor is running at 77degreesC?!??

Again any help much appreciated!

Lemaru

Thanks
    Karma Level

77C seems more than a little hot even for this time of year. I have a 1.4 athlon which likes to run hot if you let it ,so i brought a AX7 heatsink and delta 80mm fan and i have temp' of 43C this time of year with the mobo running 3C lower(£30 heatsink/ £10 fan), and as for these shitty little fans that are recommended by AMD (OR SO THEY SAY) aren't worth much ,but then what do you expect for £5 - £8

My advise buy a decent heatsink and fan as the money is well spent because as you upgrade the heatsink and fan will not have to be brought again for some years especially the heatsink and fans are easily replaced quite cheaply

One final word of advise if you buy some thing like a 80mm delta it take a lot of power and is not designed to run off the mobo socket but directly from the psu

steel

Thanks
    Karma Level

Surely the temperature shouldnt be sitting at 77 constantly tho should it?!? it must change by at least +/- 1 degreee occasionally surely?!?!

The heatsink doesnt een feel very hot too touch! if the processor is 77degC then how hot to the touch would the heatsink be?!?!

cheers

lemaru

Thanks
    Karma Level

could be the diode it knackered and isnt giving a proper readig because the temp woul go up to 77C not starty there and you wouldnt want to be touching the heatsink at that heat for very long

Thanks
    Karma Level

reading my last post tells me ive had more to drink than maybe i should have

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol! it translated ok!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Think the mbm software dont work right with my m/board! the 1st sensor looks right as it changes when it my room gets warmer/cooler or if the side of the case is off! but the 77 NEVER changes!

I got hold of a can of freezer spray from work and sprayed my heatsink big style with it and still no temperature change and this stuff goes like well cold!

And i just broke my CPU fan so good excuse to buy a new one anyway!

Lemaru

Thanks
    Karma Level

what is the cpu temp in the bios

Thanks
    Karma Level

thats the thing i got sensors on my m/board but nothing in the bios! i checked the bios updates and they all say that the hardware monitor bit isnt there!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Jeez... I'd be worried @ 77 degrees - my CPU hits 47 under load and that's concerning enough.

Time Flies when you're having fun! A decade of DF - April 2002-2012.

Thanks
    Karma Level

as i said mate the temperature never bufges from a constant 77 so i dont think its right the only one that chages is the lowest value which varies from 23-25 depending on if i got the side of the case on or not!

nothing not even freezer spray makes it budge from 77

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol, freezer spray!

like said in the post somewhere, by some good fans, then it should drop!
    K7S5A Socket A,_AMD Athlon 1800,_64mb mx400 gforce2,_256x2 DDR Ram,_Maxtor 40gb HDD,_Excelstor 20gb HDD,_C-Media AC97 Sound,_Exhaust Fan,_Blue heat sink. Blue and Yellow Cables,_450 watt ATX,_Server Case with side Perspex panel,_Liteon 40/12/48 CDRW,_Liteon 16x DVD,_Toshiba Floppy,_56k PCLINE LUCENT modem,_XP PRO,_Sony 15" TFT

Thanks
    Karma Level

cant be arsed to fork out too much on fans! spoke to the electronic guys at work and they said not to worry! there is no way it is right if it never moves from 77! it shouldnt read 77degrees as soon as xp boots up and should at least change by a degree or 2 at some point! and should of dropped with the amount of freezer spray sprayed over it!

if it blows up it blows up! fuk it!

Thanks
    Karma Level

if it blows up all you need to do is buy a new motherboard, cpu and what ever else, dont worry about that, like you say **** it
    K7S5A Socket A,_AMD Athlon 1800,_64mb mx400 gforce2,_256x2 DDR Ram,_Maxtor 40gb HDD,_Excelstor 20gb HDD,_C-Media AC97 Sound,_Exhaust Fan,_Blue heat sink. Blue and Yellow Cables,_450 watt ATX,_Server Case with side Perspex panel,_Liteon 40/12/48 CDRW,_Liteon 16x DVD,_Toshiba Floppy,_56k PCLINE LUCENT modem,_XP PRO,_Sony 15" TFT

Thanks
    Karma Level

put in an Athlon xp 2200+ 0.13 micron core, well i got it and put it in but now the **** is overheating all the time, does anyone have any ideas whats causing it or how to fix it, i KNOW the board takes
    i KNOW the heatsink and fan supports the cpu, i have got case fans in and a system exhaust blower.

so guys any ideas, i got the bios setup to shut down system when it hits 60 degrees, which is to hot for a cpu 0.13 micron core or not, in fact the 0.13 micron core are supposed to run cooler if im not mistaken.

any ideas appreciated guys
    Through the darkness of futures past. The magician longs to see.
    One chance out between two worlds. Fire Walk With Me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

AMD's always get hot, also as mentioned somewhere they are already overclocked which heats it up, so one fan wont be enough, maybe 2-3 would do the job, but i could be wrong, so lets see if some one can out do me

Thanks
    Karma Level

when you say one fan do you mean case fan, as i said i have got 2 case fans and a sys exhaust blower, so should be enough, oh and it still does the same when i take the side panel off the case.

And i have ALWAYS used amd chips and have never had this problem before, it just started happenin.
    Through the darkness of futures past. The magician longs to see.
    One chance out between two worlds. Fire Walk With Me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast