Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default What supplements have you tried - that actually worked???

Hi,

A long time ago (about 1996) i used to use 'Ultimate Orange' from the States. 3/4 of a teaspoon in a pint of water and 20 minutes later all hell broke loose - i could train easily for at least twice as long and twice as hard. Turned out it had the drug speed in it and it was banned until obvious changes were made.

Its still available but not good anymore. HG in another post noted a good fat-burner - does anyone know of supplements which really do the job?

Lets all find out if there is anything that really works - I've not come across anything fantastic since 1996.

Cheers

Zach

Thanks
    Karma Level

Creatine and caffine i find effective,but if u dont like caffine the crearine is excellent on its own

steel

Thanks
    Karma Level

I started back training after about 2 1/2 years off, did a couple of months with just protein powder etc until the weights I was pushing went up to something similar to what they were before I stopped - then did a 30 day course on Andro. What can I say, awesome gains super fast rehabilitation (ie no really bad aches and pain anymore 2 days after training) and just felt good all round. You are not supposed to take it all the time and are suppsed to rotate it with a couple of others (Nor 19 and another one that I forget the name for the mom.), but I stopped again shortly after cause I started smoking again (idiot!), but I have now done nearly 6 weeks with no dirty fags in my system and have quit for good this time so starting back the gym tomorrow. Gonna do a couple of weeks with just supplements like Whey, vits etc, then onto Nor 19 for a 30 days course after the 2 weeks breaking in (I always find 2 weeks of multi excersises prevents injury rather than just working on certain muscle groups straight from the off), then Andro again for 30 days after, should be the boost I need to get something close to what I was before I stopped hopefully.

So anyway, point is - try it, I cant use Creatine cause it gives me palpatations (also heard this from other people?) so its an alternative for me although creatine was good I must admit, just a bit worrying???

Thanks
    Karma Level

im not taking any supplements and im doing as much in the gym as everyone else i go with (who are on supplements) and im not feeling pain the next day, although i try my hardest in the gym.

so i can't see the point in taking supplements unless it's actually going to give me mass faster.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thats only because you havent trained with me yet.....

I will get you aching

Thanks
    Karma Level

so what supplements do u recommend a novice then morph dude?

trying to build up my upper body mostly, going gym 3 times a week, any ideas?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Most supplements are absolutely useless for the beginner to intermediate bodybuilder ..the best thing u can do is eat proplery and at the correct times (small meals more often) try to eat a gramme of protein for each pound of body weight you are - the only supplements that I found worthwhile using are creatine and Amino acids ... the only people who really benefit from most supplements are steroid users who really need to feed their systems as much as poss..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by MoNkFiSh
    try to eat a gramme of protein for each pound of body weight you are - the only supplements that I found worthwhile using are creatine and Amino acids ... the only people who really benefit from most supplements are steroid users who really need to feed their systems as much as poss.. [/B]
    you hear this gram per pound thing everywhere but I read somewhere that the human body can only cope with 12grammes at any one time.

the rest is excreted out of the system, unless you use something like primasorb which they reckon can act as a carrier for up to 20grammes at any one time.

anything above is a bit of a waste really.

amino acids are good as when you have the correct balance of amino's everything else becomes more effective.

i've tried various brands but the ultimate nutrition stuff has always been by far the best I've tried - it was a mate of mine put me onto them.
    Go shagging in Prague or live it large in Vegas !!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by xdam
    im not taking any supplements and im doing as much in the gym as everyone else i go with (who are on supplements) and im not feeling pain the next day, although i try my hardest in the gym.

so i can't see the point in taking supplements unless it's actually going to give me mass faster.
    xdam m8 are you swapping your routine often enough, cause your body will get used to the same exercises week in week out.
    TBH the only suppliment i have now is Protien drinks myoplex supposed to be the dogs danglies but very expensive, but i can honestly say the only thing that worked for me the best was gear.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default rapid wieght loss

hi m8 i have to be a certain wieght to enter my taekwon-do comps and it never used to be a problem but recently i was overwieght quite a bit i went from a 32 waist to an almost 36 and was 13 and a half stone i had to drop to 12 stone quick and was told about prolean two it really works i took it for 4weeks and went back to a 32 waist and i am now lighter than i have been four 13 years yes really. prolean two you can serch it with google or go to www.gymratz.co.uk and order online you get it in a couple of days.but it helps if you work out too.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by bignudge

TBH the only suppliment i have now is Protien drinks myoplex supposed to be the dogs danglies but very expensive, but i can honestly say the only thing that worked for me the best was gear.
    Used the Myoplex Deluxe stuff for a while and found it really good - very expensive at 40 quid a box but I found better gains than normal protein powders..

At the moment I'm trying out Pro-MR, it's advertised as Dorien Yates approved, and he's a big mother****er

Got to be honest I did hit a plateau while on Myoplex but have now got over that, trying this Pro-MR for two months then if I find I'm still getting gains I'll use this instead of Myoplex due to the price..

Thanks
    Karma Level

might have a look at that pro-MR as i heard someone on about Dorian Yates suppliments in the gym last week

Thanks
    Karma Level

Let us know how you get on mate, the chocolate malt flavor is nice - I'm adding Creatine to the mix and making five lots to last me thru the day..