Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Driver message in Windows XP which I can't seem to disable

Hi. I have an annoying problem with Windows XP. Everytime I start Windows XP, a certain warning/message pops up. It tells me that certain CD-burning drivers have been disabled.

(I know why; when I installed my copy of Nero, the system refused to burn CDs because I didn't have an ASPI manager. I had a copy of Roxios' Easy CD 5 Platinum and tried to install this in order to obtain the ASPI manager. While the Easy CD program didn't work, I uninstalled it and continued to use NERO, which I think is the best burning prog available at the moment. )

How can I stop XP from giving me this message everytime I start up?

(ALSO: How can I disable the Auto Correcting feature in Microsoft's Word. I'm so sick of it popping up every other sentence "Do you wish to install Auto Correcting" aargh)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sounds like you installed DirectCD when you installed EZCD Creator (it was known to cause that problem). I had this problem when I originally got XP and started a thread after I fixed it. That thread is long gone and unfortunatley I can't remember exactly how. I do know though that I had to delete 2 files (only 2) that were Adaptec files left over even after the uninstall. I think they were in the Windows/System(or System32) folder but I can't remember. I'm pretty sure they were both dll's but I am also not sure about that. Sorry I couldn't be more help, if I remember I'll post.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok, Zero, thanks. Yes, I think it has to do with that DirectCd thing. I wasn't planning on installing any of it, just the necessary file to burn CDs. Bargh.