Close

Thread: S1m0ne

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default S1m0ne

I've been waiting for this one for a while now and really enjoyed it - the story was actually different to what I was expecting (ie I thought that Simone would develop AI etc) but it was excellent.

Think this is made by the guy who did the Truman Show, and for some reason this reminds me of Being John Malkovich but that could be because it's got Catherine Keener in it again..

There are some good one liners in this and the guy who runs the Echo newspaper is well amusing at times - I reckon he's well in love with Simone!

There's a great plot twist just after half way through the film, Al Pacino is quality in this role..

Everyone puts in a decent performance, but I don't know where they found the bird who plays Simone, she's fantastic!

Worth a watch as this is quality - won't be a lot of people's thing as it can be pretty slow going but I liked it!

8/10.
    Last edited by cronus71; 23rd January 2007 at 08:19 PM.
    Go shagging in Prague or live it large in Vegas !!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I found it a great film.

8 out of 10.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default [2002] Simone

What can i say, i saw this after reading the reviews in the paper and thought it would be a brilliant film... but to be honest with you i found myself laughing at its STUPIDITY... i mean for a start what 12 year old girl can recover all the data from a computer after a virs has been on the hard drive (and the actual drive removed)?

I think this film went a bit over the top with their ideas, so to give it a rating, i suppose 5/10 would be a fair enough mark... but believe me, its nothing special!!

DG :signs:

Thanks
    Karma Level

ye, i thot it was a bit of an odd film for pacino to choose..

i would have liked it more if it wasnt such a bloody stupid idea, ****ing computer generated bird..ffs.. pish.. and since when has a virus come on a nice labled disk with a version number etc lol

but once u get by the fact that the concept is total pish, it was kinda funny..

dunno.. 6/10 maybe.. thats being nice

Social Networking Bookmarks