Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Escaped Another Speed Camera??

Was wondering if any of you guys could help me, i was going up a hill in the car with the gf with me and the road i was on was 2 lane and because cars part on the left or odd cars do people in the left move into the right. Well this car moved into the left and i KNEW he was going to either have to stop or cut infront of me or the car in front to get into the right lane to avoid the parked cars. Well the car infront speeded up and so did i, was doing about 38Mph in a 30Zone. Anyways.... There was a police car at the top with a speed camera pointing down so i guess he could of got the cars in the left and right hand lane right? or can he only get cars in one lane? Anyways i was wondering because i was following pretty close to the car infront if i would of been caught by the speed camera in the back of the cop car since there was a car infront and it was pointing straight down oppose to the camera being at the side hidden to catch people going past.

My theory has ALWAYS been that if they are pointing at you they are only going to get the person in front because the camera cant get the speeds of every car in its diret line of sight at once when its facing direct at you.

Now i am starting to wonder with the police car being in the left hand lane if it was possible for it to point in a direction so it was pointing across the left and right hand lane past a certain point so it could of got cars in either lane.

What do you lot think? Have i escaped the speed camera again (7th time this year) or have i been caught doing 38mph?

I mean i was in the right hand lane and pretty close to the driver infront.

Dont fancy getting another 3 point on my license because i loose my other 3 next november and if i wasnt lucky the first 6 - 7 times i should have a bad by now.

U think changing my F on my reg to a E with some black sticky tape would help?

Thanks
    Karma Level

was it actually a camara or a radar gun? ACPO guidelines state that the use of a radar gun can only accurate if there is a certain distance both in front and behind the car to avoid wrong readings.
    I think its something like 30ft?

Hope you are lucky!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think you have been lucky enough m8
    Thing is, if the copper saw you doing 38 and you were moving at the same speed as the other car, he can just take your reg and put you both down, it doesn’t necessarily have to be on the camera cause they can send a summons through anyway, my advice is, if you get a summons for saying you were doing approx blah blah blah at such a place ask them for a copy of the calibration sheet for the camera they were using, if they didnt actually get you and wanted you to incriminate yourself they will be shit out of luck then

I would be careful messing around with your plate though, bits of tape are a no no, but if you do get plates done the "enfersize" what your plate may look like keep a spare legal set in the boot they prolly wont bother giving you a £30 fine if you have a good set already done and havent had the time to change them yet........hopefully anyway, has worked once for me so far (I was pulled for speeding), fingers crossed....

Thanks
    Karma Level

just out if interest, where in manchester was this dude?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am sure they call them cameras when they are in the back of a cop car. the speed guns are normally on tripods aint they and out of the car? Neways they normally have a big sign with a pickture of a speed camera in black on with a whitebackground and they didnt put it out that time! 30ft Hmmm hope i am lucky i was like between 4 - 8ft behind him. Was wondering why he was going slow and glad he was infront cos i normally burn it up that road in the 2nd lane cos i know ALL the cars in the left move into it.

I mean because of my speeding fine and points i am still carrying it makes it impossible to move of a 1.3 to anything larger without having to pau double. at the moment it costs me around £160 a month to keep a 1.3. then there is extra like road tax, petrol on top of that £160.

I wasnt in manchester at the time i was in burnley heading up rossendale road and was about to turn right and nip onto the motorway to manchester and get home.

I mean if i get 6 points on my license there is no point even driving because the amount of money i spend just keeping the car on 3 points (its like £10 - £16 a day) would kill me.

*sigh* wish the gf would help me look out for the police rather than nattering to me about everything that has happened in her life.

Thanks
    Karma Level

No point in gettin stressed over it. Time will tell and nothin we can say or do on here will change it. If your f*cked, your f*cked. It ain't like they're gonna be cuttin your balls off, is it? Let us know the outcome all the same. Good luck.

Thanks
    Karma Level

2 weeks aint it i got to wait ? cos thats the time u wait if u get flashed by a speed camera

Thanks
    Karma Level

Evarythin DVLA does seems to take bang on 3 weeks when it's a service to us, but I dare say they will be quicker than that if it's for their own benifit, so I'd say 2 weeks but 3 to be on the safe side.

Thanks
    Karma Level

OMFG when i thought it couldnt get any bad its 12:22 and i just been followed home by a undercover cop cos i over took him at 55mph in a 40 zone! OMFG and because he crept right up behind me i thought i would actually drive at the speed limit for a bit. Got home and he got out of his car and said police! i mean OMFG showed me a badge and everything!

Gave me a speach about expecting the unexpected and it being dark n all. I told him about it being night and there wernt no cars on the road n i would of see a light or something like that. N its ONLY because i actually drove at the speed limit when i was near home for about 2 mins he let me off.

I mean OMFG! if he would of gave me a ticket n 3 points i would of kicked the shit out of him there n then since he was alone and who knows probably beat the ****er to death with my metal bar.

Thanks
    Karma Level

hmmmmm bit over the top likes. i woulda jus accerpted it and been peeved for the rest of the day.
    [live=tbops]tbops[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

nah cos if i get another 3 points making it 6 i wont be able to drive at all!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by EUPHORiA
    nah cos if i get another 3 points making it 6 i wont be able to drive at all!
    You can drive with up to 11 points I believe ??? I have had 6 for 2 years, np

Thanks
    Karma Level

np? well.... its just the ammount you pay to insurance

Thanks
    Karma Level

I Thought today was going to be a good day until....I was on my way home and on the road i use to get home there is a speed camera, i mean everyone local or who uses that road on a regular basis KNOWs there is a speed camera there because u cant exactly miss it.

The question i mean to ask is if i am driving towards the speed camera on the white lines and someone is has gone past the speed camera onto the white lines at the same time and it flashes. It gets the person who has gone past the speed camera and whos gone onto the white lines right? Because a car passed me on the white lines and the camera flashed so it probably got us both!

What should i do? I mean i wasnt speeding this time but the other person was. he had just past me so i was infront of him by about 6 inches or so before it flashed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not sure the camera can pick out the car traveling faster, but it's not unbelievable that it could do. Either way there ain't much you can do but wait and object to it IF you DO get a ticket for it. As far as the cop following you home, f*ck im! There ain't a damn thing he could have done unless he had another officer present or any other way to prove his claim, such as a camera or radar, which I assume he did not. I dare say he was just checking you out, where you goin, where you been etc and used that as an excuse to stop you. He will know damn well how difficult it would have been for him to charge you with no proof and relied on you not knowing that fact and hope you just took the warning and left with your tail between your legs. Not trying to be cheeky or anything, but it looks to me like it's just a matter of time before you lose your licence anyway if you don't pay more attention or slow down some. :-) What kinda car do you drive anyway? Does your job involve a lot of driving? You seem to either have VERY bad luck, drive too fast or drive a lot of liles in a day, either one will up the risk of being caught.

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol i drive a fair bit each day. From Burnley to Bury then back again for an two hours then back to manchester to pick the girlfriend up from work then back to burnley each day. I dont drive TOO fast i mean i do 10mph over the speed limit, i aint a crazy looney driver looking for trouble and also i aint a dangerous on the roads at all. I just go a bit over the speed limit when i am overtaking people thats all. On the motorway i do about 100mph in the right lane whenever i go on so that aint bad surly?

Hopefully if i did escape the camera i will have a clean license next novemeber then i will build up my no claims again and knowning me will loose it again.

I have REALLY BAD Days and some REALLY good days! not sure if its fate or luck or whatever

Thanks
    Karma Level

There is NO speed limit when overtaking BTW. All you can be done for is unsafe maneuver, dangerous or wreckless driving depending on how you negotiated it. Overtaking at a junction, on the brow of a hill, when you cross chevrons etc etc will obviously be asking for bother, but overtaking a car that is doing lees that 70mph on a motorway, then pulling back in and dropping back down to the speed limit is NOT illegal so long as the maneuver itself was done safely and did not cause any danger to other road users. Bare in mind that a speedo only has to be within 10% accurate at the national speed limit, driving 10 MPH over a 70MPH speed limit would probably not be as bad as it seems but, driving 10MPH over a 30MPH speed limit IS. The innacuracy can of course run the other way and show 70MPH when your actually doing 77MPH so if you add your 10MPH over the limit it takes you above the speed limit enough to be charged.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ah thanks for the info normally i jsut drive at 100mph in the right hand lane all the time i mean i dont think i have ever drove in the left hand lane on the motorway that much. Anyways i have decided i am going to try n slow down and drive at say a max speed of 5mph over the speed limit until i move back into manchester

Thanks
    Karma Level

i heard the new law says any driver driving over 85MPH on motorway, results in instant ban?

EUPHORiA dude, speed limits are there for a reason, and thats safety, try lowering ya speed and u wont be concious (sp?) about getting caught, like u r now.

trust me, when u have been banned for X months like i have (for totting up 12 points ) u certainly do learn ya lesson after!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Eeek its 85mph :O Think i will slow down a bit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast