Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Leeds festival violance

Did anyone that went to Leeds see this? I was at the other end of the other campground so all I heard was shouting and saw a few tents go up in smoke, but my brother in law saw a few toilets explode...
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default leeds

i was theer and it was imense! the toilets were in blocks surrounded by a big fence and got sealed on the last night, so the fence got broken down then the toilets burnt with gas canisters!

then a police helicopter arrived and some riot police turned up to watch. it was fantastic. later a portacabin got torched and then another block of toilets. hardly anyone got hurt and it was a great way to end the festival.

there are some pics here:

http://www.nme.com/news/102772.htm

shame we couldnt meet up, it would have been nice to get a crowd together. i met up with baggy13 there and had a great night, next year we should get a big meet up there.

Thanks
    Karma Level

to true wiggi we had a great sat night though didnt we sorry ther wernt more stars in the guest area

Thanks
    Karma Level

thing is, last year was great as well. all this rioting used to happen every year at reading but it was never really seen as a problem. at leeds its gets massive press and the police have handled themselves terribly.

as much as i hate to admit it, Mean Fidler had got some good plans this year as they split the campsite into 2 camps at least a mile from each other. This would have been great if the police didnt decide to bring in a helicopter with a search light as this attracted the attention of everyone in both campsites to a single area where the problems later occured. Also, the police ****ed it up by bringing in riot police and using them to block the main entrance to the camp sites where the riots were happening. no one could leave that way stressing loads of people out, and everyone else who was just watching was starting to feel very stressed. Twice loads of people ran away in a horde stylee as the police just took one step further, people panicked and fell over.

Usually ive nothing against the stuff which happens on the last night, but as the press make such a big deal about it and the police **** it up so badly the festival is going to get known for it instead of the great music, and its starting to effect everyone in the festival site in a big way instead of just being a few guys having a laugh.

i hope the festival does go ahead but it needs some serious work done between MF and the police, im gonna give it a miss next year and do reading instead to see if they get their act together.

Thanks
    Karma Level

same sh*t happend last year @ leeds my m8 was in the tent absolutely wasted listing to us going on about the buring toilets and how they were real close, explosions also added to the effect and he was shittin himself coz he was too wasted to move lol. Went Reading this year and nothing like that happend noone kicked off must be the bloody notheners no offence like
    Better Dead Than Smeg