Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Roy Keane's Book

Here we go chaps, here's whats ACTUALLY in the book, Written by Micheal Joseph. it's not quite as bad as some of the tabloid readiing "football fans" make out as he doenst say he deliberetly injured Haaland, but that he wanted to "hit him hard".

Me, well ive played the the game and "got someone back" for a tackle earlier in the season. But then again, i didnt wait 3 years and write about it

"THE INJURY" --- Page 172

Throughout the game i'd been having a private feud with Haaland. He was winding me up from the begining of the game. The late tackles I could live with, they were a normal part of football. But the other stuff - pulling my shirt, geeting digs in off the ball - really bugged me. At times Haaland wasnt even follwing the play, just concentrating on Me.

I figured that Leeds coach David O'leary, who knew how to get to me, had given Haaland the specific Job.

Five Minutes from from time, as we pushed forward into their box, I lunged in desperation at Haaland. I was trying to trip him rather than kick him. I knew it would probably mean a booking , but **** it, he'd done his job/ He'd done My head in.

As I slid in to make the challange My studs caught in the turf. i actauuly head my cruciate ligament snap. the pain was instant and agonising.

Halland stood over me shouting. ' get up, stop faking it '. His collegue Wetherall was gesturing to the same effect.
    "THAT TACKLE" --- Page 231

Alfie Haaland has been mouthing off: ' If Roy Keane is so worried about the hard-core fans - and the corperate boxes - why doesnt he take a pay cut?' (This before the maine road game earlier in the season.) I hadnt forgotten Alfie. Bryan Robson told me to take My time. You'll get your chance, Roy. Wait.

Another crap performance. Theyre up for it. Were Not.
    City could have been ahead when teddy stroked a penalty home with twenty minutes to go. Howey equalized five minutes from the end.

I'd waited almost 180 minutes for Alfie, three years if you look at it another way. Now he had ythe ball on the far touchline. Alfie was taking the piss. I'd waited long enough. I Fu(king hit him hard. The ball was there.

Take that you (unt.

And dont ever stand over me again sneering about fake injurys. And tell your pal Wetherall there some there for him aswell.

i didnt wait for Mr Ellery to show the card. I turned and waled t the dressing room.
    I really think that Roy wont get punished my the F.A as he can just say the Author wrote it and the book is " an adaptation, made more interesting for book sales ", nor can haaland sue him after saying his injury was un-related. But fu(k me i would have waited until retirement to bring that beauty out!!

By the way, the REST of the book is actually very good....especailly the bits about the FAI

It's all about Opinions.........so lets have it >>>>>>

Thanks
    Karma Level

Still think hes pressed the self destruct button at the mo.

Im not too sure what the FA can do against him. I think,as someone else has pointed out, the injury that kept Haaland out was on a different leg.

The major point is that it was pre-meditated which in the eyes of the law is paramount.

Personally I think a hefty ban is the kick up the arse he needs.
    He (and whisky boy Ferguson) think (at present) they are above the FA.

THE BARON

ABCMan

instructions to get roy keane sent off every match (as provided by roy keane)

The late tackles I could live with, they were a normal part of football. But the other stuff - pulling my shirt, geeting digs in off the ball - really bugged me
    well i wonder how many times teams are going to follow that advice

Daft sod

Removed at users request whitesteel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

City and Haaland can't win any court case, the injury which is preventing Haaland playing is in the left leg Keane hit him in the right leg. It doesn't excuse what Keane did but come on everyone involved should just move on and quit moaning. I know why Keene put out the book this season though he WANTS Haaland (and anyone else who is interested) to know NOW not in three years time or however long it will be. He would have got criticised even if he had released it after he retired just the criticism would have taken a different form (ie he was hiding behind his retirement).

I don't think he will get punished by the FA for this book the Man U lawyers aren't mugs.
    Last edited by whitesteel; 2nd September 2002 at 11:45 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level
    I used to respect the guy,but now he's confirmed that he's a psycho.
    Considering the wealth etc. that he's got,can someone explain to me WHY he had to "write" a book.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You can 30% off of his shitty book at amazon.co.uk now, lol

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...599848-4319040
    <a href="http://www.tupac-world.com/phpbb/index.php">Tupac-world.com</a>

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by BONE
    You can 30% off of his shitty book at amazon.co.uk now, lol

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...599848-4319040
    phuck the book and phuck keano

i cant actually belieev so many people brought into this whole publicity scam!
    We Are....The Mighty Liverpool Reds

Seen a Movie lately? Share your opinions in the Movie Section

"There is no doubt we are in the shadow of Liverpool, but we are doing out utmost to compete with them." - David Moyes

Thanks
    Karma Level

I ain't bought the book mate, i wouldn't buy anything to do with Manc utd... or that prick!!! I was just being sarcastic, by posting the link, show's how shit his book is, if it's got 30% off already!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by BONE
    show's how shit his book is, if it's got 30% off already!!!
    lmao

true mate.......
    We Are....The Mighty Liverpool Reds

Seen a Movie lately? Share your opinions in the Movie Section

"There is no doubt we are in the shadow of Liverpool, but we are doing out utmost to compete with them." - David Moyes

ABCMan

it had 30% off at amazon BEFORE it was released, i guess not too many advance orders either

Thanks
    Karma Level
    On the S*y sports news today, they were talking about his CRAP book. Saying how he stamped on Gareth Southgate on purpose, in a game from 1995. But they kept showing his book, & they had it on the stands with these stickers that said £5 off.. I thought it was funny!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

It will shoot to Number 1 best seller this week thanks to all the publicity, although he has had to cancel quite a few book signings.

The sensationalising press seems to think these cancelations are just because of security but I think that the fact that he had a major hip operation on Monday / Tuesday has something to do with it.

ABCMan

thats probably true dave, i wouldnt feel like sitting anywhere for a while after a hip operation

Thanks
    Karma Level

You can get 50% off now... hahaha, this get's better & better...
    The shite is half price... LOL.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...28860-8813230;)