Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I heard the Mini engine was a joint venture with Chrysler. Its a new engine so its got to be good if BMW have anything to do with it

bub

Thanks
    Karma Level

"Reason 1 - The Fuel filler cap wasnt properly earthed and a few people were getting sparks flying about when they were filling up their cars - sounds f'in dangerous to me lol

Reason 2 - The brakes were seizing up at high speeds such as motorway driving conditions."

just to point out that both these points were recalls on ford focus but the focus also had another interesting quirk if you put the cluch in for 20 secs while doing 70mph the head lights go off lol then when you let the cluch out they come back on again lol nice touch i thought

you could have considered a toyota yaris vvti SR they have 89bhp just like the other yaris's but they do sound and handle a bit different also it'll do 50mpg and crack 110mph in fact ive got a photo somewhere of it doing 50.3mpg (at about 38mph i think lol)

cas

Thanks
    Karma Level

Only problemwth Jap cars is they tend to depriciate too much and knowing me ill be changing cars again within 5 years

bub

Thanks
    Karma Level

could be worse ive just lost 3grand on a 4x4 in a year lol

cas

Thanks
    Karma Level

yip the engine and gearbox if im correct are chrysler ,i have had 2 probs with my cooper, one wobbly seat relaced no probs no arguments nice people @ bmw and a wobbly mirror again replaced under warranty which i believe is 5 years not 3

they hold the road soooooooo well even my m8 with a sub sti was impressed ok they are not the fastest but hey its got looks all the best when you get yours m8

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by brumbino
    HYBRID....

I'm a prat? Really?

Tell it to all the people that live around me cos BMW couldn't piss in a pot if their lives depended on it.

Cos of the German tw*ts at BMW mucking about with the British car industry, workers at Rover and many many many suppliers last their jobs.

Because they sold out Range Rover, their American. Their suppliers have been shafted too and even more jobs have been lost.

So if you want to drive round in a car that cost 50 000 people in the UK their jobs then go for it.

And the same view would be taken by a few people in Spain (VW - Seat), Crewe (VW - Daimler & Rolls Royce), and a few more I could mention.

I won't buy German....if you don't like me for it I don't give a sh*t , but don't dismiss me cos I won't take a German **** up my ***
    You can not blame the Germans for doing something that made complete and utter finanical sense..

Who you can blame is our tosspot government(s) who do not help out struggling companies such as rover, etc. So therefore they are forced to be sold off to the highest bidder.

Rover right now deserves everything they get (the company, not the employees) as they produce shit unreiable cars. Just look at the lastest what car customer poll... i think it was 2 or maybe 3 of the worst 5 cars were rovers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bub
    Well I should be receiving my Cooper in about 4 weeks, i wont do much to it in the first 3 years (because of the warranty)than after that ill give it all the mods to make it a lot quicker.

bub
    Congratulations, I work in the trade and for the money theres not a whole lot out there that can beat vfm or even comfortable ride..

On the subject of modding your car you can get "the works" kit fitted to a Cooper and Cooper S and it will not void warrenty as it is BMW approved. It makes a friends Cooper S rather :thumbs

As your car _should_ be new (make sure you check the build date when you get it to make sure) You won't have to worry about recalls for the moment..

The only 2 I seem to remember was to change the material used as the sound proofing under the bonnet as in some rare cases of very hot days and idling in traffic it did tend to catch alight

The other was for a seat button that kept breaking (there could be more)

Well at least its not as bad as the new 5series BMW E60 it's not been out a month here and theres been 2 recalls already

A couple of useful web pages are:

w*w.johncooper.co.uk (for the works kit)

w*w.mini2.com (bmw mini owners forum)

BTW: Before people start saying its cos you own a Mini or are affiliated with BMW... No i'm not.. tho i do plan on going out to buy a new 3series BMW at the weekend...
    Last edited by zelnik; 9th October 2003 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My mini has been sold now, got bored of it, the cooper is just a little bit too slow, if you want one you are a lot better off with the 'S' model.
    I sold it for £13 grand and paid £14200 as the car was fully loaded, i had it for just ander a year so I didnt loose too much. With the money I want to add another 5 grand and get a BMW 330CSi as I do like Beemers and the 330 is very quick but also solid and very luxurious

bub

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123