Information
This tutorial will hopefully teach you how to enable the actual Windows 7 Aero on a laptop/desktop that has incompatible graphics driver to do so normally.

How did I find this out? I was just looking through some Windows Experience Index Hacks, when I started to tinker with the files, I found out you could enable aero without compatible graphics/driver (after looking at this tutorial)

What we are going to do is Hack some of the Windows Experience Index files, we will be changing the scores from your low score to the highest, 7.9!

After doing this, you will also get bragging rights because if you go to your Windows Experience Index and look at your scores, everything will be 7.9, thus allowing you to be able to use Windows Aero! :party:

Look at this screenshot of the scores on my OLD LAPTOP, HP DV4000 after the hack
Attachment 54755

Now, lets get on with the instructions!

STEP 1 - Finding the WEI XML files:
First, open up Windows explorer and then at the top, put this in at the address
X:\Windows\Performance\WinSAT\DataStore
The X is your Local Drive. For example, my Local Drive's letter is C:\
Attachment 54757

STEP 2 - Locating the correct XML:
First, scroll down until you can't anymore. After that, select and right-click the most recent XML file there. (XML files have a Globe on a paper icon)
In the drop-down menu, select open with > Wordpad.
Attachment 54758

STEP 3 - Changing the scores to the highest - 7.9!:
First, now in WordPad, you should see a whole bunch of some words and crap, just press on your keyboard, ctrl + F, that should open up a Find box, in there, write SystemScore and press enter. After that, WordPad should have highlighted the word SystemScore. A little bit after SystemScore, you should see a number, this could be any number from 1.0 to 7.9. Change that number to 7.9.

After that, go around finding different score sentences such as graphicsscore or VideoEncodingscore. Find them and change them all to 7.9, It won't take long, took only 5 minutes for me :geek:.
After all that, save the file, and close WordPad.
Attachment 54760.

STEP 4 - The easy part!:
Now, we just have this last part left, it's really easy & simple!
First, click the start orb and in the search type: Windows Experience Index
Click the first search result.

Now, on the bottom, somewhere, there should be a link written
"Re-Run the assessment". Click that then wait until the asssessment as completed re-running. After that, look at your score in the Windows Experience Index and they should all be 7.9!
Attachment 54767

STEP 5 - W00T! Finally, the last part:
YAYZ! last part W00T!
Now all we have to do is go to our desktop, right-click Personalize, then select a Aero theme. - TA DA! we have Windows Aero enabled!

----Now - To the Final Screenshots!----

BEFORE:
Attachment 54757

AFTER:
Attachment 54770

Thanks for reading my Tutorial! I hope you found this useful! :cool:

Attached Thumbnails