Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Laptop language prob!!

Hey guys,

i have been given a Panasonic Al-N2 notebook, which has Win95 on it, but all in Chinese, this wouldnt have been a prob if the lappie had a "cd-rom" but it doesnt, only a "floppy drive" so i cant even rebuild it with a new O/S. Even when i enter the setup menu (which starts off in English) it is also in Chinese.

As i said, it does have an external floppy drive, and serial/parallel ports, and also ports for PCMCIA cards.

Is there anyway of putting a clean O/S on it or atleast just changing the language, without learning chinese?
    I have thought of hooking it up to another pc, and cloning it, but it dont have a network card in it, and plus i wouldnt be able to configure it, i feel i am left with the floppy as my only alternative, am i right, and if so, how could i go about doing it????

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Karma Level

Difficult one this.

The only way really is to either connect a external CD-Drive or.

Remove the Hard Drive and install it in another laptop or a PC(you will need a IDE convertor though) with a CD drive and install the O/S then put the drive back in and you should be able to use it then.

External CD would be the easiest.

Thanks
    Karma Level

If its Win 95 can't you run an english version on a different pc and just follow what you would do on the english version. it cant be that difficult as all the icons will be the same?

Gimp

Thanks
    Karma Level

You can always get Win98 cab files, RAR, ZIP or whatever compression you like down to floppy disk size. Then copy it from your machine onto Floppy disk. Make a Windows 98 boot disk format ur laptop (backup old files or whatever u want on disk before) then copy the compressed win98 in rar of floppy onto laptop, do this until all files are on laptop then extra. After doing this u can just boot and then install from dos as u have copied all files over.

Does this shed any light on the problem? I mean depending on what ur after doing on ur laptop ur best bet is Win95 because its REAL small so less disk swapping.

A other option is to buy a network card for ur laptop and send files over via network. You can go the cheaper route (saving on the network PCIMIA card or whateveR PC... it is and buy a Parellel Cable and connect your laptop up with your computer and copy files over that way. Not as fast but u will get there in the end.