Is There a Mame PS2 Emulator?

Thread: Is There a Mame PS2 Emulator?

SSJ2 Gohan said:

Default Is There a Mame PS2 Emulator?

over at ps2 news you can get something called ps2mame is this the popular emulator?

i've got the zip file but i want to make sure it is what I think it is

john marshall said:
    i have just read about it its like the snes one but only takes 30 roms (games) can you send the file to my email or post it here then i will try it

SSJ2 Gohan said:

the files over 3 meg mate whats your email ad m8?

xiaNaix said:

You're only limited to 30 ROMs if you keep them in ZIP files. Extract each ROM to a seperate directory and you can have hundreds.

DeltamdX said:

hi guys, i had a quick look up on this mame for the ps2 and saw that it requires Naplink to work, am i wrong in saying this and can it run by itself ?.

DeltamdX said:

could some please tell me where i can download the emulator so that i can burn it to disc.

2die4 said:

ok I got the mame ps2 emulator, I unrared it and found that there are already 29 games in ROM directory, but I want to add more before I burn it.

I've heard it doesn't work if you have more than 30 roms per directory so I take it I have to add more roms into seperate directories eg: ROMS1, ROMS2, ROMS3, etc. Is this right ?

There is also a file called "gamelist" which is just a text file with the name of the roms in the supplied rom directory. If I add the addition ROMS1, ROMS2, etc directories and games do I just edit and add them to this original gamelist text file or make addition gamelist files, eg: gamelist1, gamelist2, etc ?

Anyone help ?

loafer316 said:

Anyone know if you can get something similar for a PSone??

gimp said:

There is a nes/sms emulator for ps1. You need the right setup to run it tho.

Gimp

Ps, I have an ISO you may like

loafer316 said:

Thxs Gimp...i have a Psone.....it's sitting there collecting dust...getting a emulator may breath some life into the old engine!!! How big would an ISO be? or where could d'load somethin...only on dial-up you see
    Last edited by loafer316; 21st October 2002 at 12:23 PM.

gimp said:

Its about 40mb with 100 or so games for each. Pm me if you want and i can post it if you want.

Edit your post tho remove the word before ps1

Gimp

elite|Raider said:

ok, Im not to familiar with emulators. But, I want wondering if there was a ps2 emulator that would allow me to play Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers? Cause I really want that game. Please reply by email/thread.

Thanks.

eripmav said:

PS2 emulation is a long way off and MAME on the PS2 is not really practical as the machines not powerful enough to emulate all roms correctly.....

elite|Raider said:

crap!

john marshall said:
    to make it run faster turn the sound off i know its not good but it works better.i play them on a mame cabinet!!

funy said:

so where can we find this emu then?