Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABCMan

WTF : Here we go again

from xbox scene forums

http://xbox-scene.fxp.info/index.php?act=ST&f=6&t=4496

ftp´s gc games (kalisto/echelon hq)

[23:57:22] 220-.-------+----------+----------+-----------------+---------------------:
    [23:57:22] 220-| Latest created directories on this server |
    [23:57:22] 220-:-------+----------+----------+-----------------+---------------------:
    [23:57:22] 220-2002/08/27:02:45 dylan /PRE/PS2/DVD/Turok_Evolution_USA_PS2-ECHELON
    [23:57:22] 220-2002/08/27:21:24 dylan /PRE/PS2/DVD/Socom_US_Navy_Seals_USA_PS2-ECHELON
    [23:57:22] 220-2002/08/28:15:11 volk0r /PRE/GCUBE/Resident_Evil_USA_GCUBE
    [23:57:22] 220-2002/08/28:20:59 volk0r /PRE/GCUBE/Luigis_Mansion_USA_GCUBE
    [23:57:22] 220-2002/08/28:23:13 volk0r /PRE/GCUBE/SW_Rogue_Leader_USA_GCUBE
    [23:57:22] 220-2002/08/29:00:27 volk0r /PRE/GCUBE/Super_Monkey_Ball_2_USA_GCUBE
    [23:57:22] 220-2002/08/29:02:40 volk0r /PRE/XBOX/Turok_Evolution_XBOX-ProjectX
    [23:57:22] 220-2002/08/29:06:03 volk0r /PRE/GCUBE/Disney_Magical_Mirror_USA_GCUBE
    [23:57:22] 220-2002/08/29:09:36 volk0r /PRE/GCUBE/Beach_Spikers_USA_GCUBE
    [23:57:22] 220-2002/08/29:13:57 volk0r /PRE/GCUBE/Super_Mario_Sunshine_USA_GCUBE
    [23:57:22] 220-:-------+----------+----------+-----------------+---------------------:
    [23:57:22] 220-[latest 10 directories]

UPPED FROM volk0r!!! (echelon/kalisto)

GAMECUBE ISOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOUND IT ON A GERMAN FORUM! for those of you who can read this:

"Quark.. würde mich mal interessieren, wie Du an diese Logs kommst. PRE's kann man nämlich nicht sehen bei "site new" oder sowas. Wenn die von einem KAL HQ stammen wären sie blöde, jeder könnte sehen, was sie PRE'n. So ein quark.

Vor allem, weil der typ ja der elite-trader/curry der gruppe ist!"

answer:
    "ganz einfach weil jemand kenne der da acc hat der fxp mir so eben auch immer die neuen ps2 und xbox games. also das nicht von irgend einer www oder so und das der typ spinnt glaube ich auch nicht also ausgelesen gibt es games schon nur laufen die nicht auf einer retail naja mal sehen was kommt das war bei der xbox am anfang genauso auch im pre folder und dann circa 2 wochen später haben sie eins nach dem anderen öffentlich released dann."
    TRANSLATION

"Nonsense, I would like to know how you got these logs. One is not able to see prereleases in the 'site new' category or whatever. If these logs would come from a Kalisto Headquarter they would be stupid, everybody could see what they are prereleasing. What a BS.

Since he is the elite-trader/curry of the group!"

Answer:

"Simply because I know someone who has got an account there. He also transfers the newest ps2 and xbox games to me via fxp. He doesn't do that from some kind of www or whatever and I also don't believe the guy is crazy. Well, read-out games do exist, but they won't run on a retail console. Well, let's see what will happen. It was exactly the same with the Xbox: In the beginning, the stuff was in the pre-folder; about two weaks later they have released one after another publicly."
    if its on the pre's it SHOULD be true, but looking at the fact that res evil is 1 file not 2 i'm afraid it could well be more bs.

Sorry if this gets anyones hopes up, dont shhot me i'm only the messenger (originaly posted by a xbox scene newbie called fish on 02/sept/2002) i guess we'll see (i must admit i've never seen a pre set up like that but who knows)

Thanks
    Karma Level

What it the max capacity of a GC disk and hence the largest a image to download could be ?

Cheers
    Ironman

Thanks
    Karma Level

ive heard a few rumours about this as well, but at the moment i aint believing anything until i see proof.

Oh by the way ABCMan, thats directories listed there, not files so the Res Evil could indeed be 2 files in the Res Evil directory (well we gotta be positive aint we )

ABCMan

@fe_man, 1.5gb per disc is the max size uncompressed so expect around 400k - 1.2gb in rars

ABCMan

Originally posted by djm2k1
    Oh by the way ABCMan, thats directories listed there, not files so the Res Evil could indeed be 2 files in the Res Evil directory (well we gotta be positive aint we )
    ooops yeah, sub folders cd1 & cd2 etc.., my brain wasnt working right, look at the time it was posted

Thanks
    Karma Level

stupid question
    but if this is real what can we do with GC isos?
    cheers

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

sounds promissing -could just do with some more info now (like where can we get them from and is their an experimental gamecube chip out there etc.)
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

ABCMan

or maybe they wont get released untill after something (eventualy) turns up that allows them to be booted, it could all be total bs (most likely) but who knows, its not likely we'll get any more info untill if/when anything is given its "release"

Thanks
    Karma Level

The same sort of thing did happen with Xbox titles, being pre-d a long time before any mod solution was available.

But PRE in the same dir as Xbox? on the FTP log?

it's BS

No release group, and thats the strangest FTP listing ever

Thanks
    Karma Level

not sure it is BS ...
    look at a simple fact : PS2 had been hacked ( fully hacked , thru M chip i mean ) after a lot of work , a loooong looong time after it hit the market .
    Xbox was way easier , u know why ? because of dev debug unit , with a different bios allowing them to run unsigned code .
    And , spooky fact , nintendo never sent any debug GC to specialized press , admitting that they may be used for " other purposes not authorized by big N " ...
    and if someone had been able to get his hand on some debug GC ? maybe he had been able to rip games thru this device , and so maybe some mod develloper are actually getting a close look at this debug unit ... as i have a couple of mod dev in my contacts , i'll ask them asap , and i'll give you their answer rather quickly !

( all this to say : i believe THIS could be the first trustable info about GC dumping , don't spit on it as some used to when projectX released their first Xbox iso .. )

Thanks
    Karma Level

The PS2 games have the name of the rippers at the end of each listed game however the GC games dont have the name of the company/rippers.

ABCMan

Originally posted by SSJ2 Gohan
    The PS2 games have the name of the rippers at the end of each listed game however the GC games dont have the name of the company/rippers.
    true, but ps2 and xbox isos would be fxp'd from the pre servers to the normal distro servers, if the gc isos were released that way there could be problems, the timing suggests they were uploaded one after the other by one person (they are all tagged by volk0r as the uploader) there are gcn dev kits starting to kick around, i've seen one for sale a couple of months back but the price was astronomical, however there is a cut down cube dev unit that allows the play of "development" versions and that is much cheaper, if iso's could be made from a dev kit, then they would run on the cut down dev unit. (but try getting hold of one)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Images are one thing, being able to play them back is another.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I really hope this is true, but after those scams such as TeamBB I don't believe anything before I've seen it
    [live=Vriezer]Vriezer[/live]

ABCMan

no, i'm with you on that one, after all how hard is it to type a file list like that above? 10 mins of fame

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

could be ABC but its still a nice dream
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It has to happen at some point.

Every console has been hacked, the gamecube will be no different.

Could this be the new dawn?
    "So right, so pure,
    so hoodedclaw"

Thanks
    Karma Level

hehehe
    The person formaly known as He@! ;)

Thanks
    Karma Level

How nows
    The person formaly known as He@! ;)

Thanks
    Karma Level

true
    i remember when xbox isoz and backups were first announced and that poster was told to shut up, a few weeks l8r it was publicly announced that xbox had been hacked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Social Networking Bookmarks