I'm a very happy chappy today, my card arrived this morning, I spent this evening formatting my machine to get the best performance out of it and boy does it rock.

I've done the usual 3DMark 2001 bench, but that's just as a rough guide. Here's how I scored -> http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4409306

Anyway, I thought I'd post a screenie or two just to make those who haven't got the card yet go out and grab one. I've only had a chance to test out Giants and Morrowind so far. I'll update tomorrow night with C&C Renegade, UT1, GTA3 and probably JKII.

First up, I tested the Giants High Definition Version that I got bundled with my old Geforce3. This contains higher poly models on the mechs and alos gives them a nice shiny texture. It probably adds other things, but I can't be bothered to read the info. Gameplay wise it runs flawlessly. I've tested at 1024x768 at the moment, and have taken screenies with no FSAA and AF, then with Max FSAA and AF.

First up, realtime intros (damn funny)

*drool*

OMG!! *dribble*

Next up are ingame with the FPS displaying

Nice and smooth, 30fps minimum.

OMFG!!!! Next to no drop in FPS!!!! *faint*

Anyway...one last one before I go to bed, I'll do some better tests after work tomorrow, didn't have much time tonight.

Here is a screenshot of Morrowind running at 1024x768 with 6x FSAA and 16x AF. Note the FPS in the bottom right hand corner, it runs smooooth as a babies bum

*sigh* aint it pwetty?

Back tomorrow for some more screenies....