Do newer Xbox drives work better?

Thread: Do newer Xbox drives work better?

East Boy said:

Default Do newer Xbox drives work better?

Hi,

I'm sure you get these type of questions all of the time so please accept my applogies if this bores you to death.

Anyway, I have an Xbox which I bought on the UK day of release. I got it chipped last month mainly to play MAME and few back ups, sadly after about half an hour it starts playing up and it has trouble reading dics... But reads originals fine.

They guy who chipped it reckons that newer Xboxes have better drives and that I should try & sell/swap my machine for a newer model. Do you know if the newer models have better drives or is he just telling me a load of old crap?

Freaky said:

dont know about that m8, but you just gotta try find a brand of disc that works for you, if you have a dvd burner then just experiment with all different types, ive had mine about 3 months or so and it reads every brand of dvdr i put in it, but it wont read cdr or cdrw

dark manz (AKA master99) said:

hello m8..........yep the guys telling you the truth who chipped yr xbox, i had the same problem with my xbox untill i bought a new one swaped the inside (dvd rom) and then every thing plays, even the shit media plays had it for 8 months now no problem yet,
    took the other xbox back got a full refund.

East Boy said:

Cheers boy's. Now then, who wants to buy a dodgy Xbox? :

Gorgonator said:

£5.00 m8

East Boy said:

Hopefully I'll get a bit more than that!

Like I say, plays originals just fine.

gooch said:

Tenner
    Not quite sure what the hell im talking about..Just nod and i mite shut up......

sanj said:
    Your prob's are all down to media!I've used the new gen3 bulpaqs(don't laugh)which set me back 45p each,I've tried these on about 20 x-boxes and everyone of them worked 100%,buy a few and give em a go.

Freaky said:

yeah the new purple gen3 revision 2 bulqpaq work really well, they even work on my ps2 which is a fussy **** when it comes to blank dvd, i ordered some white ones from playstationmods and 14 were scrached to hell, and they sent me the new purple ones as replacements and im glad they did coz they are cool.

sanj said:
    Just bought 300 of the new purple bulkpaq's from a show in Morley this morning they were 50p each!Work 100% in my ps2 also.

East Boy said:

Ok, I'll let the guy know who gets me my stuff. Cheers!

ABCMan said:

unfortunatly, although you will be able to load the games they will still all be crap

Raptor said:

Originally posted by freaky
    yeah the new purple gen3 revision 2 bulqpaq work really well, they even work on my ps2 which is a fussy **** when it comes to blank dvd, i ordered some white ones from playstationmods and 14 were scrached to hell, and they sent me the new purple ones as replacements and im glad they did coz they are cool.
    sorry about those scratched ones

still great service though huh ?

Freaky said:

Default glad

sorry about those scratched ones
    Dont worry about it rap shit happens, anyway as i said im glad it happened now or i wouldnt have got the purple ones you gave me to replace them, these are sound discs.

and yeah as for the service, i put 14 plastic sleeves in the envelope and a note asking you to put the new ones in them, and to be honest i didnt expect them to come back in them, but when they turned up in the sleeves i sent i was buzzin, and all the new ones didnt have even a spec of dust on them, and my BABIES (neo's) were nicely shrink wrapped and were perfect also.

So yep great discs and service
    Last edited by Freaky; 16th September 2002 at 08:38 AM.

Gunny said:

Originally posted by dark manz
    hello m8..........yep the guys telling you the truth who chipped yr xbox, i had the same problem with my xbox untill i bought a new one swaped the inside (dvd rom) and then every thing plays, even the shit media plays had it for 8 months now no problem yet,
    took the other xbox back got a full refund.
    East Boy why dont you just do what dark manz suggested.
    Buy a new xbox from Argos... swap the drives... put it all back in the box nicely. Take back to some dumb argos person for your 16day money back guarantee
    Gunny