How to get more than 4 IDE

Thread: How to get more than 4 IDE

Mystical_2K said:

Default How to get more than 4 IDE

i have got an MSI board (and guess what like every other it has 4 IDE ports) and i want to use say 6 IDE devices - can someone tell me how this is possible if it is and if so where can i get the required stuff from - any help please
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

merlinL14 said:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] look on this site m8. I have their HPT370 fitted and it gives me 2 more IDE channels (4 more devices). HTH

cosmicma said:

ide 1 master / slave
    ide 2 master / slave
    ide 3 master / slave
    ide 4 master / slave

there you go 8 devices in total but if you plan to use raid ( stripe 0 or 1 ) then go with merlin14's post
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

merlinL14 said:

The HPT370 allows you to use the 2 channels as just extra channels, just dont set the RAID option.

ABCMan said:

maplins do a couple, one with raid one without, get the raid one and dont set the raid (unless you are on win 98/me then get the non raid one)

just stay clear of the cards by EXTREME IO (eio) i know of no one who hasnt taken them back for a refund.

EUPHORiA said:

Remember IDE 3 and 4 might not support CD-ROms'

merlinL14 said:

Originally posted by EUPHORiA
    Remember IDE 3 and 4 might not support CD-ROms'
    The HPT370 does not support CD roms under Win98 but does under Win2k??

merlinL14 said:

Mystical_2K you have PM.