Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Alan Smith, didn't he do well

he always performed well for the u21's and ran rings round owen on saturday

Bowyer, Smith and Mills did the leeds fans proud, Woody didnt do as well though

I also think that Butt and Gerrard played well together in the Middle.

Sinclair and Joe Cole did well

Murphy did exactly what i said he would and play for 5 mins and disapear for the other 25 minutes he was there with a 2 minute spurt at the end.

A Cole and Bridge were OK but nowt special

Rio played his usual game and southgate was prolly at fault for the equaliser.

Poor Hargreves looked lost at sea when he came on to replace Danny Mills

Lets hear everyone elses views on the game

Thanks
    Karma Level

How did Smith run rings round Owen on Saturday? I thought they played well together.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wasn't really a fan of Alan Smith, I'd never watched him for 90 minutes before, but I have to say, I'm impressed. He looked our biggest threat, what's going on with Owen he never even looked like scoring, I think he gets marked out of games now he's a big name.

I thought David Dunn was positive coming on with his tricks and flicks which he does at Blackburn, I thought that showed confidence even if he wasn't in the game much.

Hargreaves was really poor and he looked out of position, which he probably was at right back. Heskey had a quiet but good game using his usual power, Joe Cole showed some good moves which with some more experince will turn into good international goals, he was probably the only good thing about England in the second half.

I thought 1-1 was an alright scoreline considering we were just experimenting, people are saying we are crap in the second half but it's not like it was a world cup final where the tactics had to be perfect, it just Sven testing a few things out.

Jesus, that must be my longest post ever.

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah forgot about Dunn who also had a good game as did Heskey on the left.

How did Smith run rings around Owen? Example when someone needed to drop deep and pick the Ball up it was him then when we needed someone on the end of the cross it was him. Owen was nowhere.

He is a long way off Owen in WC98, maybe he is being marked out of the game but good/fully fit players can usually get around that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

owen was quiet i feel....BUT

with two REAL threats up front with owen and smith, defenders will not know where the attack will come from. They cannot mark them both out of the game, so i feel the pair will be a great threat together.

definitly the first choice strike force for me.

Heskey also seems to solve that problematic left handside, no matter how much some of you despise him. him being there also gives us the option of switching to a 433 when need to step it up a gear.

what u reckon lads?
    We Are....The Mighty Liverpool Reds

Seen a Movie lately? Share your opinions in the Movie Section

"There is no doubt we are in the shadow of Liverpool, but we are doing out utmost to compete with them." - David Moyes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by webslinger2k
    owen was quiet i feel....BUT

with two REAL threats up front with owen and smith, defenders will not know where the attack will come from. They cannot mark them both out of the game, so i feel the pair will be a great threat together.

definitly the first choice strike force for me.

Heskey also seems to solve that problematic left handside, no matter how much some of you despise him. him being there also gives us the option of switching to a 433 when need to step it up a gear.

what u reckon lads?
    i'll go along with that

Thanks
    Karma Level

The only complaint I have of Hesker (apart from being out of position on the left) is that he makes good runs, but instead of whipping a first time cross in, he holds it up and passes it sideways..

Apart from that I would like to see Smith and Owen play again.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

It was a stong game from Smith and he looked very solid, But i never get too carried away with all this as about 3 months ago you would have though Darius Vassel was Marradonna having seen all the headlines after his goal V Holland

I was pleased to see Bowyer and I think he'll play on the left with Beckham, Gerrard and Scholes in the first Qualifier.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Alan has matured alot and has learning from his mistakes over the past few years. I ain't saying he's an angel, but he's trying his best to change. I was proud of him on saturday, Bowyer did well after starting nervously. Calamity James didn't look to sure of himself in goal and felt a bit sorry for Woody and Dunn. Both picked up knocks shortly after coming on and didn't look at there best. With the youth we have coming through, combined with present experience the future is very bright for english football

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default ..................................

Originally posted by BoredManc
    about 3 months ago you would have though Darius Vassel was Marradonna having seen all the headlines after his goal V Holland
    LOL

Was to pissed to remember most of the game but I see these friendlys as no more than a chance to blood new players however a good goal from smith and good to see gerrard back we missed him in the W/C..............................................