Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Alien Vs Predator 3

Just got this game, been waiting for it for absolutly ages.

The single player is great but the multiplayer is the biggest let down i've seen to date. They promised on the demo that the full version would have dedicated servers. There are none to date and it is in some shitty beta mode. Fair enough if the match making was anywhere near as good as mw2 then it'd be okay. Its next to impossible to find a game to play and when you do its normally laggy and unplayable.

Next up is the graphical glitches that seem to occur every 5 minutes or so the game with just freeze for a few seconds before coming back to life. Really annoying stuff. Graphics aren't great either. You must need a beast of a pc to put the graphics up to high mode with AA. I'm on a quad 3.0ghz 4 gig 1066 ram and sli 9800GTX+ and still this thing runs slow on medium with AA off at 1920 x 1200.

Big let down over all.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Alien Vs Predator 3

Aye, your feelings were echoed in quite a few reviews - which is why I cancelled my pre-order. Great shame really. Rebellion dissapoint yet again.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuicey View Post
    Just got this game, been waiting for it for absolutly ages.

The single player is great but the multiplayer is the biggest let down i've seen to date. They promised on the demo that the full version would have dedicated servers. There are none to date and it is in some shitty beta mode. Fair enough if the match making was anywhere near as good as mw2 then it'd be okay. Its next to impossible to find a game to play and when you do its normally laggy and unplayable.

Next up is the graphical glitches that seem to occur every 5 minutes or so the game with just freeze for a few seconds before coming back to life. Really annoying stuff. Graphics aren't great either. You must need a beast of a pc to put the graphics up to high mode with AA. I'm on a quad 3.0ghz 4 gig 1066 ram and sli 9800GTX+ and still this thing runs slow on medium with AA off at 1920 x 1200.

Big let down over all.
    now then mine runs great..everthing turned up but AA only on x8 (i will try it higher only i forgot once i got into the game).

Quad core X4 955 amd processor.
    4 gig OCZ reaper mem
    gtx275 (896MB)
    AsusM4a79 XTD EVO motherboard.

the game is great in single player as OrangeJuicey has said and i have not tried multiplayer.
    Last edited by wakadoo; 28th February 2010 at 05:38 PM.

Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean
    the same thing?

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Running on top specs, all set to full and its a great game. the glitches or freeze up are a problem and both ATI and Nvidia are adressing.

I a m currently stuck near the beginning , The part where you try and kill the queen in the furnace. How do you complete this

Thanks
    Karma Level

Dedicated servers are up now for this game, but don't expecting anything. They are miss leading and slow. I had a ping of 40 in the steam server browser only to join a game and get a 100-200 ping spiking to 2000+ with 18 players. I've tried several different servers with supposed low pings and they all end up being 100+ in game. Lots of connection errors as well. Really poor. On top of that the game now minimizes itself to the task bar after 30 minutes and can't be brought back up.

what a nightmare of a game. Shitty console port all the way.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I finished marine last night, was a fun game but tooo short. The steam updates made the freezing worse so i ran it in DX9 without issues. Time to play PRED now