Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default 35 questions that won't be asked!!!!!!!!!

This article taken from an official site,

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/c...02/cr091002.htm

Soon we hope to have hearings on the pending war with Iraq. I
    am concerned there are some questions that won,t be asked- and maybe will not even be allowed to be asked. Here are some questions I would like answered by those who are urging us to start this war.

1. Is it not true that the reason we did not bomb the Soviet Union at the height of the Cold War was because we knew they could retaliate?

2. Is it not also true that we are willing to bomb Iraq now because we know it cannot retaliate- which just confirms that there is no real threat?

3. Is it not true that those who argue that even with inspections we cannot be sure that Hussein might be hiding weapons, at the same time imply that we can be more sure that weapons exist in the absence of inspections?

4. Is it not true that the UN,s International Atomic Energy Agency was able to complete its yearly verification mission to Iraq just this year with Iraqi cooperation?

5. Is it not true that the intelligence community has been unable to develop a case tying Iraq to global terrorism at all, much less the attacks on the United States last year? Does anyone remember that 15 of the 19 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia and that none came from Iraq?

6. Was former CIA counter-terrorism chief Vincent Cannistraro wrong when he recently said there is no confirmed evidence of Iraq,s links to terrorism?

7. Is it not true that the CIA has concluded there is no evidence that a Prague meeting between 9/11 hijacker Atta and Iraqi intelligence took place?

8. Is it not true that northern Iraq, where the administration claimed al-Qaeda were hiding out, is in the control of our "allies," the Kurds?

9. Is it not true that the vast majority of al-Qaeda leaders who escaped appear to have safely made their way to Pakistan, another of our so-called allies?

10. Has anyone noticed that Afghanistan is rapidly sinking into total chaos, with bombings and assassinations becoming daily occurrences; and that according to a recent UN report the al-Qaeda "is, by all accounts, alive and well and poised to strike again, how, when, and where it chooses"

11. Why are we taking precious military and intelligence resources away from tracking down those who did attack the United States- and who may again attack the United States- and using them to invade countries that have not attacked the United States?

12. Would an attack on Iraq not just confirm the Arab world's worst suspicions about the US- and isn't this what bin Laden wanted?

13. How can Hussein be compared to Hitler when he has no navy or air force, and now has an army 1/5 the size of twelve years ago, which even then proved totally inept at defending the country?

14. Is it not true that the constitutional power to declare war is exclusively that of the Congress? Should presidents, contrary to the Constitution, allow Congress to concur only when pressured by public opinion? Are presidents permitted to rely on the UN for permission to go to war?

15. Are you aware of a Pentagon report studying charges that thousands of Kurds in one village were gassed by the Iraqis, which found no conclusive evidence that Iraq was responsible, that Iran occupied the very city involved, and that evidence indicated the type of gas used was more likely controlled by Iran not Iraq?

16. Is it not true that anywhere between 100,000 and 300,000 US soldiers have suffered from Persian Gulf War syndrome from the first Gulf War, and that thousands may have died?

17. Are we prepared for possibly thousands of American casualties in a war against a country that does not have the capacity to attack the United States?

18. Are we willing to bear the economic burden of a 100 billion dollar war against Iraq, with oil prices expected to skyrocket and further rattle an already shaky American economy? How about an estimated 30 years occupation of Iraq that some have deemed necessary to "build democracy" there?

19. Iraq,s alleged violations of UN resolutions are given as reason to initiate an attack, yet is it not true that hundreds of UN Resolutions have been ignored by various countries without penalty?

20. Did former President Bush not cite the UN Resolution of 1990 as the reason he could not march into Baghdad, while supporters of a new attack assert that it is the very reason we can march into Baghdad?

21. Is it not true that, contrary to current claims, the no-fly zones were set up by Britain and the United States without specific approval from the United Nations?

22. If we claim membership in the international community and conform to its rules only when it pleases us, does this not serve to undermine our position, directing animosity toward us by both friend and foe?

23. How can our declared goal of bringing democracy to Iraq be believable when we prop up dictators throughout the Middle East and support military tyrants like Musharaf in Pakistan, who overthrew a democratically-elected president?

24. Are you familiar with the 1994 Senate Hearings that revealed the U.S. knowingly supplied chemical and biological materials to Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war and as late as 1992- including after the alleged Iraqi gas attack on a Kurdish village?

25. Did we not assist Saddam Hussein,s rise to power by supporting and encouraging his invasion of Iran? Is it honest to criticize Saddam now for his invasion of Iran, which at the time we actively supported?

26. Is it not true that preventive war is synonymous with an act of aggression, and has never been considered a moral or legitimate US policy?

27. Why do the oil company executives strongly support this war if oil is not the real reason we plan to take over Iraq?

28. Why is it that those who never wore a uniform and are confident that they won,t have to personally fight this war are more anxious for this war than our generals?

29. What is the moral argument for attacking a nation that has not initiated aggression against us, and could not if it wanted?

30. Where does the Constitution grant us permission to wage war for any reason other than self-defense?

31. Is it not true that a war against Iraq rejects the sentiments of the time-honored Treaty of Westphalia, nearly 400 years ago, that countries should never go into another for the purpose of regime change?

32. Is it not true that the more civilized a society is, the less likely disagreements will be settled by war?

33. Is it not true that since World War II Congress has not declared war and- not coincidentally- we have not since then had a clear-cut victory?

34. Is it not true that Pakistan, especially through its intelligence services, was an active supporter and key organizer of the Taliban?

35. Why don't those who want war bring a formal declaration of war resolution to the floor of Congress?

Sadly people such as this are in the minority, he will be fighting against people so corrupt and whom have spread their wings so far in all the corners of society that it is a debate that cannot be won.
    Is it not a coincedence that America is in dire need of something to pull their economy back onto tracks, well Iraq would be perfect.
    Think of it like this, 2 months ago noone ever considered Iraq nor did anyone think it could attack US with weapons of socalled mass destruction, but now that the US government is spreading its propaganda all of a sudden everyone believes this total nonsense. Saddam would be crushed if he tried anything, he may be a dictator but he is not stupid.

So people, here we have the tremendous power of the media at work, all fabricated lies to rally the support of the US people who are afraid and are willing to accept anything unilaterally!!!
    Think people think..........

Thanks
    Karma Level

And the 36th question:

Who the fuck cares what your skewed opinion is?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I just read the first 2 and already you are missing the point. We are invading Iraq before they can retaliate on a large scale IE NUKE. If we leave iraq alone with saddam in power long enough he will have nukes if he already doesn't. Read up on ww2 and appeasement. We missed the time when we could have stopped hitler rather easily and that forced us to have a large scale war. We don't want to make the same mistake with Iraq.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Welcome back BILDBERG you fucking twat.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Another graduate from Neville Chamberlain University, where the school mascot is the ostrich

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Re: 35 questions that won't be asked!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by 2MuchC0ffeeMan
    c'mon, who WANTS to goto war and kill people? stupid fuck
    Bush does and that is why he is a "stupid fuck". This is going to be another vietnam. If we do go to war, the US people will start losing support for the war after a couple of months. With every month that passes after September 11th, Americans lose support for a war with Iraq.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by MtlDty

..and where is the proof of the aledged development of nuclear arms? There is none.

Im trying to keep an open mind about all this. I can see that Iraq has clearly broken practically all the UN resolutions and that something needs to be done.. but at the same time.. why now? Why not 4 years ago when the arms inspectors were kicked out?

The only reason would seem to be the continuation of Bush's war on terrorism, but as pointed out in this thread - there are far greater threats from terrorism from other places than Iraq. So by discounting that reason you have to find other reasons.

How about the fact that Iraq is a major contributor of the worlds oil supply, and that the US is the worlds largest customer of that oil? How about the fact that one of the 'threatened' states Iraq could lash out at is Israel?

There are plenty of reasons a war with Iraq could benefit the US.. and 'helping establish world peace' is very very low on that list

As a side note I will moderate this for retarded flames. Contribute reasoned opinions please, not just 'you anti US bastard' etc.
    1. It didn't happen 4 years ago because that pinko clinton was in office.

2. Iraq is can not sell oil to anyone so how are they a major contributor?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Re: Re: 35 questions that won't be asked!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by jstack321
    Bush does and that is why he is a "stupid fuck". This is going to be another vietnam. If we do go to war, the US people will start losing support for the war after a couple of months. With every month that passes after September 11th, Americans loose support for a war with Iraq.
    Your points lose credibility when you spell lose loose.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My favorite point in all of this nonsense is this. If Iraq has/had weapons of mass destruction then why was the first gulf war over so quickly. Surely a mad dictator like Sadaam would have used his full arsenal on us right? So where were these weapons of mass destruction? Why dont we care that pakistan is actually proud of theirs? What the fuck is going on?

Thanks
    Karma Level

this is where i stopped reading your post.

your obvious stupidity on such a subject yields that you shouldn't be asking questions, when they make no sense.

even common sense would answer this question, c'mon, who WANTS to goto war and kill people? stupid fuck

the sad part is you typed all this out.
    we should have a new ethic here, nobody reply to stupid fucking threads... it's workign so far with that 'grow a dick' thread.
    Hiya my good old friend, read my post again,

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/co...2/cr091002.htm

These were not my words, I just copied them from congressman Ron Paul from the U.S. House of Representatives, he made these statements on septembre the 10th 2002!!!

So if you think I am a moron then he must be one as well??

This guy looks very sensible to me, also have you not read my words were I said that if there was no propaganda then you would not be going on about Iraq, well thats what the media is there for, to form your opinion for you, they will stick that spoon so far in your throat that you will believe everything, only people liberal and free of mind can interpret the true meanings. I guess one has to be intelligent as well offcourse. To all you retards here who think a war against Iraq is justified, there might still be room in Bush's ass, cause thats were you are all headed:LOL:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 35 questions that won't be asked!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by logistik

Your points lose credibility when you spell lose loose.
    It was a typo but you get the point. Don't tell me you've never had a typo before.

Thanks
    Karma Level

HAHA SOOO FUNNY BUSH'S ASS I GET IT ROFL ROFL ROFL.
    Stfu, you think you are so fucking liberated because you are a fucking liberal. I got news for you the fucking media is not spreading propoganda. Well not all of the media. This is not ww2 Germany. FFS kid, if it were you wouldn't hear all these debates on tv whether the Iraq war would be justified would you? I see these all over tv. Or how about your pinko freind bill maher and all of his comrades. Would they be on tv if it was such a propoganda machine? or is he on a "liberated network". Haah get it a life you are lucky to live where you do.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Re: Re: 35 questions that won't be asked!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by logistik

2. Iraq is can not sell oil to anyone so how are they a major contributor?
    They are a major contributor just as Afghanistan is a major contributor: PIPELINES RUN THROUGH THEIR COUNTRIES.

The oil companies need their damn pipelines, otherwise it costs too much by boat. It's the only reason, and is the same reason for Afghanistan. It's as simple as that.

They don't sell the oil, they transport it. If the government there is favorable to the US and it's oil companies, it will let the pipeline run through.

HAHA SOOO FUNNY BUSH'S ASS I GET IT ROFL ROFL ROFL.
    Stfu, you think you are so fucking liberated because you are a fucking liberal. I got news for you the fucking media is not spreading propoganda. Well not all of the media. This is not ww2 Germany. FFS kid, if it were you wouldn't hear all these debates on tv whether the Iraq war would be justified would you? I see these all over tv. Or how about your pinko freind bill maher and all of his comrades. Would they be on tv if it was such a propoganda machine? or is he on a "liberated network". Haah get it a life you are lucky to live where you do.
    CNN is a propaganda machine. I'm *sure* it spreads false information on demand from the US authorities to justify their actions and to keep the public misinformed.

It's another 'method' of propaganda. It's even nastier because it actually works on most stupid people like you; you think that because you see liberals on tv, it's not propaganda.

Thanks
    Karma Level

rofl cnn is almost anti bush as you geniouses are.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't like what Bush is doing one bit... but there's always the question: what if Iraq does have the capability? If we wait for more proof, it might be too late. Doesn't it make sense to assume that because Iraq refuses to allow inspections, they have something to hide? 9/11 might have been prevented if Al Quaeda was under greater scrutiny and wasn't allowed to operate so freely prior to it. I see the same possibility in this case. But attacking Iraq is certainly not a good idea. Getting the rest of the world to put more pressure on them, and then negotiating for resuming the inspections makes much more sense.

If CNN is propaganda, what's not then? Al-Jazeera? or anti-US websites? Please don't tell me you think that. All media is propaganda. Non-propaganda can come only from your brain. And some things are not that complicated to understand once you stop reading/watching and regurgitating and start thinking.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not a doubt in my mind, If US decides to attack Iraq, the whole muslim world, and the ones that were supporting the US in Afghanistan will be 100% against the US, no longer support them in the middle east by ie using there country to land/let planes takeoff. Most likely they would join the war against the US, causing countries who are friends with the US to be forced to join in the battle, this causing WW3.

Thanks
    Karma Level

louis-123 may be flaming, but he does mention a point that many(most likely a vast majority) non-US people perceive. US is primarily interested in capitalist interests(fuck the rest, US is the best.. rah rah rah).

US won't even participate in Kyoto and they are the largest polluting nation.

No, I don't hate the US(or any other nation) and I believe (ALL)nation haters are just zombies who don't see themselves as zombies. Illusioned idealsists? HAHA

Killing ourselves to live. Sums up humanity thus far.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by KaosKlown
    I don't like what Bush is doing one bit... but there's always the question: what if Iraq does have the capability? If we wait for more proof, it might be too late. Doesn't it make sense to assume that because Iraq refuses to allow inspections, they have something to hide? 9/11 might have been prevented if Al Quaeda was under greater scrutiny and wasn't allowed to operate so freely prior to it. I see the same possibility in this case. But attacking Iraq is certainly not a good idea. Getting the rest of the world to put more pressure on them, and then negotiating for resuming the inspections makes much more sense.

If CNN is propaganda, what's not then? Al-Jazeera? or anti-US websites? Please don't tell me you think that. All media is propaganda. Non-propaganda can come only from your brain. And some things are not that complicated to understand once you stop reading/watching and regurgitating and start thinking.
    If you think along those lines you might as well just nuke India or any other country that has or might have nuclear missiles. You can bet if it does happen every single Muslim terrorist will try to attack US anyway they can, they might not succeed now but one day they will, just like it took 2 tries to bring the WTC down they will keep on trying

And I agree with you, everything is propaganda. Each network has its own bias. What you have to do is filter and see what’s right for you, of course some times you can’t because you don’t have enough information to see how biased is the news

Thanks
    Karma Level

Too lazy to read all the posts so I'll just outline my views.

The U.S. did not launch a pre-emptive strike on the U.S.S.R. because of the idea of Mutually Assured Destruction; both countries knew that in the event of a full-scale nuclear war, neither would survive. This is not the case with Iraq, even though Iraq may be working towards weapons of mass destruction, they do not have the ability to destroy America (or Israel probably) just yet. And Bush doesn't want to let them get to this point.

An attack on Iraq will not be 'another Vietnam.' People said this about the first Gulf War, and Afghanistan, and in both those conflicts the U.S. suffered very few casulties. This will not cause WW3, as neighboring Islamic Fundamentalist countries will not go to war to protect an aggresive, secular Arab state. Countries like Saudi Arabia are voicing protests because they do not want the U.S. to set up a democracy in Iraq, as they fear it could happen to their own country in the future.

Appeasement will not work now, as it didn't work in the 1930's. The UN is supposed to be an improved replacement for the League of Nations. The LoN failed because it did not use military force to back up their sanctions, allowing Germany, Italy and Japan to get away with violations of international law. They also did not attempt to stop Hitler out of fear of casulties and feelings that the sanctions imposed on Germany may have been to harsh (sound familiar?). Iraq has broken every UN sanction imposed after the first Gulf War, and yet the UN has not taken action. The UN must enforce its resolutions so that it does not turn into a LoN repeat.

All that being said, I think the greatest danger is that Saddam could be killed and replaced by a more dangerous man if the U.S. can't set up a democracy. Saddam may be an arrogant dictator, but he is not stupid enough to launch a pre-emptive strike on Israel, Kuwait, or American interests, after getting dominated in the Gulf War. So if(when) the U.S. goes in, they must sure to set up a working democracy without seeming like an occupying force.

I also do not support any attacks on middle east countries besides Iraq at the current time.

Thanks
    Karma Level

as for the 'bush wants to goto war posts'... please keep in mind, you can't compare or justify any actions becuase this isn't a normal war, it's not against one country, or people, or place...

terrorists are everywhere, and we have NO FUCKING CLUE what we are doing.

this isn't a war.

louis-123: you start shit again, and you'll be banned.
    and speak somewhat english next time you try to flame USA.
    Well its against one $country$, one $race$ and one $religion$. So yeah Bush is no longer "fighting" $terrorism$.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast