mac files on a pc

Thread: mac files on a pc

n0k1a said:

Default mac files on a pc

im looking to open a mac file on my pc, when i try to open it, it comes up with some win32 error, now i know theres software for macs which will let you open pc files on it, well is there a emulator or whatever to let you open mac files on a pc?

cheers

n0k1a said:

any one?

Aido said:

what sort of mac file is it mate??

don'y forget i've got my nice shiny mac now so might be able to help...

n0k1a said:

adobe photoshop 7 mac

Aido said:

mate if you like email it to me on [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and I can convert it for you as I've got Photoshop on the Mac here..

n0k1a said:

it would take me forever im on 56k

there must be some sort of software so i can open it on my computer?!

Aido said:

erm photoshop 7 pc?

is it a psd file?

i haven't used it for a few years but paint shop pro could handle the old files formats...

n0k1a said:

nope, adobe photshop 7 mac

i need to extract it and see if it will install, but it wont let me as it wont run cause of some win32 also cause its for mac not pc,

but with some software i should be able to pen the mac file on my computer just like it was a pc progam

get what i mean?

Aido said:

Originally posted by n0k1a
    nope, adobe photshop 7 mac

i need to extract it and see if it will install, but it wont let me as it wont run cause of some win32 also cause its for mac not pc,

but with some software i should be able to pen the mac file on my computer just like it was a pc progam

get what i mean?
    photoshop 7 for the pc should be compatible with whatever is generated in the mac version.

is it compressed already?

if so download stuffit for the pc as that should be able to unpack it.

i think you're wanting to use emulation to open the file - just get photoshop 7 for the pc and it can handle it natively

n0k1a said:

i havent a clue all i know is i have downloaded ps7 for mac and that i cant do anything with it, u dont know if you extract it or install from the exe, i will look around and keep this uodated

also are you saying that the pc ps7 will work on mac?

Aido said:

no mate, they're two different programs.

you need to download photoshop 7 for the pc.

adobe make a version for the mac and a version for the pc - if you get the pc version it will be a lot quicker..

it's usually all over the newsgroups

n0k1a said:

so have we come to a concluision?

is there any software will stuffit do it?

Aido said:

yes mate, thought you were talking about an image file, not the executable itself.

don't bother with stuffit, i thought you meant you had an archived psd file or something.

sorry mate.

n0k1a said:

no worries, thanks any way, so you know any software or know any memebers who will help?!

Aido said:

the best thing for you to do is get hold of the PC specific version of Photoshop.

ask someone in the hub if they can help, they probably have eval versions knocking aboutin there

WTD said:

I beleive they got the full version in the hub but its around 500 Meg... Fun on a 56k modem