Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Question about newegg, and their RMA

I bought a CPU from a forum offline, and turned out he trolled me by selling me a dead AXP 2000+ claiming it was new. When I asked him about it on AIM he said yeah...I bought it from NewEgg, sorry it was dead. Now he probably blocked me because I havent seen him online in over a week.

My question is does newegg record like a serial number that is on every chip before they send them out? so they know that they get the same chip back when someone sends them back something for an RMA?

Wondering becasue it would be nice if i could RMA this at newegg, or if this is even an option from AMD. The guy didnt O/C the chip or anything it was just dead, because i dont see any scorch marks or anything else on it and it looks perfect.

Thanks
    Karma Level

talk to AMD about replacing chips. If it was OEM..you may be SOL..but if it was retail, they should do it w/ no problems. Then, hunt the kid down and beat the living shit out of him.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Obviously he is lying... why do you think he wanted to get rid of it??

Btw, why dont you email newegg about this instead of asking isonews.com? I dont mean to flame or anything, but i think newegg knows there policies better then us.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Taken from their site...
    Money Back Guarantee
    All items except otherwise mentioned, may be returned within 30 days from the original invoice date. CPU and memory must be returned within 7 days from the date of receipt. A return authorization number is required for all returns. 15% restocking fee will apply. Additional deduction will be made for CPU.

Due to manufacturer policies, all Software, Retail Boxed Processors, Notebooks, Blank Media Cartridges, Routers, products are non-returnable.

Refunds are issued back to the original source of the purchase. We do not issue store credit.

and BTW I would most likely ignore the 7 day rule. I ordered from one of these online stores, SAME policy in returns, they will take it if you say they made the mistake, not you. The customer is always right.

(Of course this assumes he even bought it from Newegg.)

Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks for the replies guys, i did read their RMA policy and have RMA'ed in the past (Power supply bad). but didnt know if a prior purchase would be RMA'able because i dont have proof that it was bought from newegg, and i wondered if they "tagged" all their chips leaving by like recording serial # or something