Close

ABCMan

Default All pal gc users please read

in your box you got a pin number, please go to http://www.nintendo-europe.com and register as a vip member then click on community (at the top) and go to the gamecube section, go to the thread titled "NBA Street & Nintendo's apalling customer relations" and please vent your spleen at these twats, i want to see how many of you i can get to tell them (please be polite, or they will delete the thread) what a bunch of wankers they are for their pal release schedule. if everyone who owns a pal gc on df signs up they will at least notice it, they dont know that you cant mod a gc to play imports so lie to the fuckers and tell them you got sick of them and modded your console or bought an imported cube, then tell them you buy most if not all your games on import, tell them their prices suck in comparison to import prices.

I know it wont help, but think of all the kids who read that board, kids arent all stupid, when they see loads of people are buying cheaper games sooner they are going to pester their parents to get a freeloader and buy more games on imports and nintendo wont like that one bit, if enough people take notice, maybe they will do something about it instead of pratting us about.

ABCMan

Thanks
    Karma Level

added my support

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

me dropped a few lines
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

ABCMan

Thanks guys, but where is everyone elses comments?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not wanting to start an argument or anything but I'm perfectly happy with nintendo's release schedule (what!! )

Think about it if you weren't as into games as everyone here obviously is and you didn't know that there were far more games avail in US would you be as bothered? I bet average joe public isn't?

I currently have all 3 consoles and I did have a JAP cube too, however I am actually enjoying waiting for the next Ninty games on the pal release schedule (mario in Oct! woohoo ) More so than playing X or PS2. As when I get that game I play for ages then wait for the next Ninty game. So I'm never too far from the next game if you see what I mean? If they suddenly brought out say Mario, Starfox & Metroid all at once I would have to either not play all 3 fully or not buy Starfox to fully appreciate the others.

I know this sounds kind of odd and I do agree if Nintendo could release more games over here and faster then it would be better but I personally am not bothered at the mo, maybe its because I'm so used to having shit loads of games for PS etc that I'm enjoying being drip fed them?

Another thing everyone fails to point out is its not just a simple conversion process from USA to UK, ie its not just a case of adding PAL support. UK versions are actually European versions and hence there are 6 or so other languages to support and translate hence the extra 4-6 months required from USA version to UK/Europe version. If they wanted to ditch the other languages then ok it would speed it up but I think they would lose more than they would gain as Europeans can no longer play.

I haven't read your post on the Ninty site by the way as I don't want to go and reg etc, so please understand if your complaints are regarding more than the release schedule? (Nba street??)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i just want Resident Evil 0 the same time as America gets it (hell i would even take the JAP release - i completed Res2 + 3 on the PSX in JAP) - is this too much to ask
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

When is RE0 being released in UK?

ABCMan

res evil 2 uk release = summer 2003 or next month in jap/ dec in usa.

@bobby d
    My points are
    1) i want new games not 6-12 month old ones
    2) i went the shop shelves groaning under the weight of gamecube games or the same joe public wont buy a cube as it has "no games"
    3) i want games that come out on multi format in the usa, not to see the ps2/xbox versions on the shelves 3 months ahead of the gamecube versions

on the subject of pal releases, not all games are released multi lingual, and often europe has to wait even longer than the uk.

nintendo wouldnt release all its games at once, but i'd rather have got sunshine last month than have to wait for next month, that way i'd be playing star fox adventures now instead of november.

As for nba street, like fifa 2002 and several others it was supposed to be launched with the cube, but nintendo couldnt be bothered, in the case of nba street and fifa they will never get a pal release (although ssx did eventualy turn up), its just a case of nintendo doing their usual and pissing on the uk and europe.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree it is a sad fact that Ninty don't care about Europe as much as they should... but what can we do, Europe no doubt accounts for a very small % of their market so they have to way up how much to spend in that area.

I certainly prefer their attitude towards marketing games than Sony where we are bombarded with utter toss! I dunno I guess I'm just used to Nintendos poor European support and have always imported when I want. But as I say I got sick of importing this time and have for the first time relied solely on UK distribution and am enjoying it more!!

ABCMan

i still think you will miss out on some good games by taking that path, if nintendo decide to not release something in europe it isnt because its crap, its because they cant be bothered, but even "AAA" titles get skipped too (remember final fantasy 2 & 5 or super mario rpg?) and some big releases turn up months after their release on the ps2 and xbox in the uk but launch across all formats in the usa

how loud will you scream if nintendo decide not to release the zelda 64 remix in europe? (currently even a usa release is not certain)