Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default can someone recommend me a bike?

I'm 16 and want a 50cc bike so I can stick a L plate and get lessons then pass when I turn 17.

Bearing in mind I only want it for a year until I can ride a beast, lol, I want somthing quite cheap, chearful and that isn't a moped if possible.

Cheers for your time guys.

Thanks
    Karma Level

do you mean moped or scooter? At 16 you are only allowed to ride a moped. mopeds no longer have pedals but have a 50cc engine and are restricted to 30mph.

If its the scooter look you hate, do you want a twist and go like a dna or gears like an rs?

Once you pass your test at 17, i think you will still be restricted to 33bhp so it wont exactly be a 'beast'

Peter

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: can someone recommend me a bike?

Best to get something very cheap like an old Cagiva Roadster...too bad I did see you post before because I just sold mine....looking to get a more sporty 600...if anyone has anything let me know!

Thanks
    Karma Level

my advice to you is just buy a cheap bike(cheaper the better) no matter what it was,
    make sure it's got 12 months T&T.ride it for 12 months till u get to 17,get shut and you will not have lost loads of money(more for your next bike):thumbs
    and the added bonus of cheaper insurance than a fancy 50cc race rep,and when your 17 you will have a years NCB which all helps.......
    you may get the :censored taken out of you by your mates for riding something not to fancy,but you have to look ahead,you will be 17 before you know it...
    and you won't be upset if you fall off.... you will

I've got a m8 who passed his test at 18 and i blagged him to get a 600 fazer,which had to be restricted to 33bhp,still went well,he had 104 out of itwhich isn't to bad when the book speed is 140 mph....

Thanks
    Karma Level

hi m8 iwould recomend you save your money for the year that your between 16-17 and get yourself a honda cg125 realy cheap to insure and easy to ride and do your test on then at 21 get whatever you like no resrictions

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi M8,
    I think you should go for a late 50s raleigh runabout, 50cc loads of character, if it breaks down at least you can pedal home. go on amaze your mates and turn up down the pub on one. leonard.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi M8s,
    just noticed the start date of this thread, just what bike did he end up with?. leonard.