A British Army question!

Thread: A British Army question!

  1. wonkyfox's Avatar

    wonkyfox said:

    Default A British Army question!

    Anyone know what the yellow clip on the front of guns used by the British Army is used for??
     
  2. chippy's Avatar

    chippy said:

    Default

    it`s called a BFA (blank firing attachment)........it allows the gas dicharged from a blank round to reroute to the mechanism thus allowing the weapon to reload itself

    chippy
     
  3. Sergeant-Major's Avatar

    Sergeant-Major said:

    Default

    Originally posted by chippy
    it`s called a BFA (blank firing attachment)........it allows the gas dicharged from a blank round to reroute to the mechanism thus allowing the weapon to reload itself

    chippy
    Gunner Chippy You Made Me Proud... It Look's Like Not E verything Is Lost Yet


    but enyway gunner you've earnd it...

    Sergeant - Major Williams.
     
  4. chippy's Avatar

    chippy said:

    Default

    hahahaha lol !!!

    thanks man.........but i already got a couple of them !! (6 years mispent youth)

    maybe we can team up on the weapons side of ABCman`s digiforum army !!!!!!!!!


    chippy
     
  5. Porthos's Avatar

    Porthos said:

    Default

    @Sergeant-Major NO MATE

    That is used becuz firing blanks can still be dangerous at point blank range.

    eg. if you shoot an apple at point blank with a blank it will still split, when that attachment is placed on the rifle the apple will not split.

    There is a semi automatic attachment but i am pretty sure that is not it.

    Correct me if i am wrong, otherwise demote Sergeant-Major.

    P.S. I think it is yellow to make the attachment clear so people know it is attached.
     
  6. Sergeant-Major's Avatar

    Sergeant-Major said:

    Default

    Originally posted by way2gud4u
    @Sergeant-Major NO MATE

    That is used becuz firing blanks can still be dangerous at point blank range.

    eg. if you shoot an apple at point blank with a blank it will still split, when that attachment is placed on the rifle the apple will not split.

    There is a semi automatic attachment but i am pretty sure that is not it.

    Correct me if i am wrong, otherwise demote Sergeant-Major.

    P.S. I think it is yellow to make the attachment clear so people know it is attached.
    Now.. Now.... Gunner way2gud4u

    theres NO Need to make a seen.. have one too then & we can call the matter Closed ..


    Roflmfao........

    P.S
    i dont mind giving them away i bught a big stock for a few bobs. lol

    Sergeant-Major Williams.
     
  7. Pongo's Avatar

    Pongo said:

    Default

    I gotta agree with way2gud4u
     
  8. Sergeant-Major's Avatar

    Sergeant-Major said:

    Default

    Originally posted by Pongo
    I gotta agree with way2gud4u

    Well Gunner Pongo !!

    you arn't going to get eny lol & thats final...



    Sergeant - Major Williams.
     
  9. Pongo's Avatar

    Pongo said:

    Default

    Not evenif I bend over and grease my bottom ?
    Sarge..*kiss* *kiss* LMAO
     
  10. chippy's Avatar

    chippy said:

    Default

    @way2gud4u

    u r right in sayin that a weapon is stil dangerous with a bfa attached...........but with out a bfa the sa80 or any weapon for that matter will NOT function correctly when firing blank rounds............trust me ..........i worked with armourers for quite a few years and have fired a number of different weapons


    chippy
     
  11. Porthos's Avatar

    Porthos said:

    Default

    ok i chekd it aat wiv a m8 and chippy is rite, i just dint step my foot in it 2 bad cuz i had it wrong!!

    basically the BFA is used 2 let the air go back into the mechanism to recock the weapon (like chippy said!). This would happen naturally without the BFA if real rounds were being used.

    Apparently the rifles will still function correctly without it though, just you'll have to cock it.


    Newayz, apologies to Chippy but I still fink 'Seargent'Major shud demoted, he dont seem2 no about it.
    Last edited by Porthos; 17th September 2002 at 10:26 PM.
     
  12. BigBadDog's Avatar

    BigBadDog said:

    Default

    the blanks should just hit the end of the yellow thingy , and the gas will travel back up the barrel cause the recoil thus reloading the weapon but some of the gas does escape at the end.

    correct me if i'm wrong , think i'm right cos they used to use em on the old SLR's but i dont know what effect they have on an sa80.
     
  13. chippy's Avatar

    chippy said:

    Default

    no...i did`nt say that.............the point i was making is that bfa is a device to simulate battlefield conditions i.e make the weapon fire in semi auto of full auto.........without a bfa and firing blanks this would not happen as all the gas would flow out of the muzzle and therefor not "push" back the workin parts..............i suggest u do a search on some weapons sites and read up b4 post

    chippy


    *edit*............hahahaha .........he edited !!!!

    *edit again* yes big bad dog ..........u r quite correct
    Last edited by chippy; 17th September 2002 at 10:16 PM.
     
  14. wonkyfox's Avatar

    wonkyfox said:

    Default

    Thanx guys!! as informative as ever!
     
  15. chippy's Avatar

    chippy said:

    Default

    @way2gud4u

    hahaha..............no probs man
     
  16. Porthos's Avatar

    Porthos said:

    Default

    chippy, wats ur problem? i edited cuz i had posted then i changed it while i chekd it out rather than cluterin the thread, calm down b4 u jizz ur pants.
     
  17. BigBadDog's Avatar

    BigBadDog said:

    Default

    pmsl
     
  18. Danger Mouse's Avatar

    Danger Mouse said:

    Default

    hi guys,
    thought while we were on the subject id chuck in my 2p worth.

    while i was in cadets a few years ago we were doing a field exercise n part ov the stuff we did was a ambush scenario.
    now when we did this we used 5.56mm assault rifles(basically the sa80 without the sites on top) on the side ov it was a little switch that changed the way it fired.
    1 way it was repetition(think u had 2 cock it 4 every shot) n the other was automatic or semi automatic(not sure which). now dumb arse me didnt set it rite n shot out 30 blank rounds in a few seconds. these rifles had no bfa but didnt require cocking after each round.
    were they modified in sum way 2 allow them 2 do this?
     
  19. 4me2's Avatar

    4me2 said:

    Default

    Originally posted by chippy
    @way2gud4u

    hahaha..............no probs man
    Both of you are right and I can tell you that 100% are serving 6 years 172 days service.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

     
  20. worzel2007's Avatar

    worzel2007 said:

    Default

    Originally posted by Danger Mouse
    hi guys,
    thought while we were on the subject id chuck in my 2p worth.

    while i was in cadets a few years ago we were doing a field exercise n part ov the stuff we did was a ambush scenario.
    now when we did this we used 5.56mm assault rifles(basically the sa80 without the sites on top) on the side ov it was a little switch that changed the way it fired.
    1 way it was repetition(think u had 2 cock it 4 every shot) n the other was automatic or semi automatic(not sure which). now dumb arse me didnt set it rite n shot out 30 blank rounds in a few seconds. these rifles had no bfa but didnt require cocking after each round.
    were they modified in sum way 2 allow them 2 do this?


    dude i spent 8 yrs in the royal corps of signals and have fired more rounds of 5.56 mm from the shit bit of kit called the SA 80
    single repitition you should of not needed to recock the weapon ( make it ready) unless in each magazine there was only 1 round otherwise the working parts of the weapon would of recoiled and put another round in the chamber

    regards to the BFA it is there for a nother purpose that has not been mentioned


    SAFETY
    you fire the weapon with a blank round in close proximity of some one there gonna get hurt because the gases will ignite and you get a bloody long flame see it at night for best effects and ut will do damage i witnessed a demo of a large water melon / an instructor placed the muzzle of an SA80 about 5 inch from a water melon the weapon was loaded with a magazine containg 28 rounds / yes the mags carry 30 rounds but thats when you get problems with blockages / there was no BFA attatched he placed the rifle on full automatic and pulled the trigger to say the melon got wasted was an understatement it totally destroyed it
    and regards working parts not recoiling im sorry to say but they worked fine and functioned as they where supposed too

    thanks


    25000443 signaller R Armstrong
    enlisted / 08.07.91