DIGITAL FORUMS - 2 Years On.......

Thread: DIGITAL FORUMS - 2 Years On.......

Undertaker said:

Default 2 Years On.......

DF is nearly two years old. WOW.

Firstly wanna thank Raptor for providing such an excellent forum and for the mods for giving up their time to make sure the forum stays this way.

What an exciting second year its been here. This forum is one of the best ive seen. Its time to look back at what has gone on over the past year.

Just some quick points, feel free to add your own

*Birth and Death of "those" chips
    *Death of ITV digital
    *Creation of the DF hub

there's loads more, but you cant have me listing everything LOL

Cam said:

thousands of chances most for worse in the irc chann
    abcman coming to life over the last year hes became more "there" which i thinks good

oh and to all them ppl that said this wouldnt servie to the nxt df meet ya rong and the ppl who said the forum would die along with "those" chips there rong 2

the modding and demodding of me that was fun!

(17:18:34) (+Cam) i need to mount my xbox hdd in linux
    (17:19:02) (+SpikeWork) youth of today, they'll mount anything

ABCMan said:

The birth of the new consoles and the hacking to death of them.

The merge of wcw and wwf

The 9/11 tragedy

Cam becoming a mod

The return of the sony sections

Mr curver and butthead and master 99

The reopening of the board after the modchip "incidents"

The vip section

Briansnail

Scum not winning the league

The birth of "next door" (kickass online)

The growth of the now 2 df hubs (it was at the last birthday bash that i plucked up the courage to ask the boss if we could, then found out he was a decent guy)

and of course there is more .........

eminem said:

Scum not winning the league
    YEH BABY YEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EM.

Snak3 said:

death, birth, and re-death of the 0800 dialups forum...that was fun lol

stimpy said:

Death of Napster and the (almost) birth of next-gen P2P

Undertaker said:

Where's all the "thanks" gone?

Last year when I posted a similar thread, it became a sticky

Some appreciation would be nice

tbops said:

YES YES the hubs my cyber home.

Cam said:

oh that summit else to post the same type of thread last year LOL

forums bin and will go strong for a while ( ooo the birth of the vip section )

so thanks for the forum dudes now i am waiting for a xmas meet for df as that about the only time i will start to get off

(17:18:34) (+Cam) i need to mount my xbox hdd in linux
    (17:19:02) (+SpikeWork) youth of today, they'll mount anything

ABCMan said:

i dont think you posted it with the same question last year

But i'll add my thanks to raptor for paying most of the costs on this place out of his own pocket, to the mods and other admin for helping keep the place run smoothly and keeping the pricks out, and of course to all our members for making this the great place that it is.

4me2 said:

time to say thanks to all members here and all on the team .

Ive learnt loads in the last 2 years not just on the digital and web side but a lot about people. Certainly have met some weird and wonderful characters here.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

hoodedclaw said:

Originally posted by stimpy
    Death of Napster and the (almost) birth of next-gen P2P
    Not really defining "digital-forums" moments though mate.

Personally I think the whole I*V saga and the $ony trilogy should be made into films.

Rumour is that Scorsese is in the pipeline to direct a Tarantino script.... for real.

unclex said:

wow - what a up and down two years it has all been - At least DF is still alive
    Have Fun.

U.N.C.L.E. X

More UNCLEX than last week but less next :woot:

the_wizzard said:

Originally posted by 4me2
    time to say thanks to all members here and all on the team .

Ive learnt loads in the last 2 years not just on the digital and web side but a lot about people. Certainly have met some weird and wonderful characters here.

here here, ive been here from almost the start and its just grown and grown, the best most friendly forum on the net i think i like others here am a member of lots of other forums aswell but this place is what its all about.

what ever happened to newy??

booboo

BuLLd0g said:

some real good memories reading the above threads - df has taken up so many hours of surfin - all been worth it tho

keep up the good work Rap / admin / mods and all the members who go out of there way to help others & everyone at the hub

dingle_666 said:
    Thanks alot for the forum admin its a great site to check out everyday, where would i be without it :

n0k1a said:

if i didnt have df, id be stuck on newgrounds.com all day or playing games...

i would have no knowledge of certain things, i have learnt alot of the forums, ive had my ups and downs but i have had chances and im gratfull for that.

members they come they go, saturday through sunday monday monday through sunday yo, maybe we'll get more one day, maybe it'll someday go... (my remix - eminem - superman)

all i can say is thanks to admins, mods, and other members for making this place work, and mods/admins well done for keeping the board tidy, keep up the great work!

gadgetman said:

If I had not been on DF, I'd never have had a good night in Blackpool.............Nice one Raptor, what a star;-)

Cam said:

Originally posted by n0k1a
    if i didnt have df, id be stuck on newgrounds.com all day or playing games...

i would have no knowledge of certain things, i have learnt alot of the forums, ive had my ups and downs but i have had chances and im gratfull for that.

members they come they go, saturday through sunday monday monday through sunday yo, maybe we'll get more one day, maybe it'll someday go... (my remix - eminem - superman)

all i can say is thanks to admins, mods, and other members for making this place work, and mods/admins well done for keeping the board tidy, keep up the great work!

so i guess hes stuck on newgrounds.com

but im sure he made a typeo it was ment to be
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Raptor said:

Originally posted by gadgetman
    If I had not been on DF, I'd never have had a good night in Blackpool.............Nice one Raptor, what a star;-)
    anytime