Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how i found DF

ABCMan

like most of the early arrivals i was hunting for "educational" codes after the site i used to visit for them dissapeared. i believe that i may well have registered twice having lost my first username/pass, i kind of got used to being here, then as the ps2 "scene" was slowly coming to life i stayed for that.

However the one thing that made me stay above all else was probably tiggerbiker, my card got ecm'd and i couldnt do anything with it (those were the days) i asked what i could do and he offered to get it done for me for free, as it happened that wasnt needed but i thought that if the mods here were that kind i'd stick around.

I was still a newbie then and terrified of the mods/admin in case i stepped out of line (although that was a hard thing to do back then) the place was well run and i slowly grew in confidence as i got to "know" the regulars.

I suppose the turning points were the last blackpool birthday party, meeting the mods and admin in real life finding they were a decent bunch of people and the boss giving us the chance to have the df hub, then everything fell apart whe xdam stepped in and brought back CC he gave us a seperate hub section there and (at my request) made me a mod of it, when df came back a hub section was added here and i was given moderator status in the new direct connect hub section (and later in the habbo hotel section), i was promoted by the boss to mod the console sections after i made a comment about wishing i could do something to sort out some of the problems in the rapidly expanding xbox section.

After that things sort of became a blur, with moving house and real life problems associated with my fathers sudden serious illness, along with the usual teenage problems that unruly kids bring (and a few extra ones), i remember that one morning i suddenly discovered that i'd been made a super moderator which was usefull to me in dealing with a group of multiple joiners we were getting at the time (ie i could ban people) then my after i got back from my hols one morning i noticed that there was a new (hidden) section for supermods and admin, i was then taken illl and was off for a few days, when i came back the hidden section just said "admin" but i could still read it, it was only when i did that i found out i'd been booted upstairs so to speak (in reality it just means more work )

I stil love this place, i love its attitude and the people here, in the last year i've got to meet several of the mods and admin from here and become friends with some (hi em), of course i've had my fallouts with a few, but in most cases i think its all patched up.

That said, there are still people from here i'd love to meet in real life, i'm sure i'll get the chance in blackpool this year to say hello to a few more (but obviously i'm not going to say who those i'd like to meet are)

thats about it ... another long post for xdam to moan about LOL and a potted history of my time on df......

Except of course for some of the members i've brought in here but thats another story for another day.

ABCMan

Thanks
    Karma Level

i joined up for tv related info, stayed cause of the banter and ABCs mosnter posts . also theres lots of VERY helpful people here and also id be bored shitless at work without it

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was searching around trying to find info on ITV stuff... Phoned MaxKing and the guy on the phone gave me the address of digital-forums
    Photography: Nikon D50 - 18-55mm, 70-300mm, 105mm Macro, 2 x 2gb SD Cards, Jessops Tripod, LowePro Rucksack

Thanks
    Karma Level

Was hunting for ITV stuff and just typed in ITV Digital and forums into google and it led me straight here, not made many posts but usually get beaten to it plus been a bit busy lately.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by ABCMan
    like most of the early arrivals i was hunting for "educational" codes after the site i used to visit for them dissapeared. i believe that i may well have registered twice having lost my first username/pass, i kind of got used to being here, then as the ps2 "scene" was slowly coming to life i stayed for that.

However the one thing that made me stay above all else was probably tiggerbiker, my card got ecm'd and i couldnt do anything with it (those were the days) i asked what i could do and he offered to get it done for me for free, as it happened that wasnt needed but i thought that if the mods here were that kind i'd stick around.

I was still a newbie then and terrified of the mods/admin in case i stepped out of line (although that was a hard thing to do back then) the place was well run and i slowly grew in confidence as i got to "know" the regulars.

I suppose the turning points were the last blackpool birthday party, meeting the mods and admin in real life finding they were a decent bunch of people and the boss giving us the chance to have the df hub, then everything fell apart whe xdam stepped in and brought back CC he gave us a seperate hub section there and (at my request) made me a mod of it, when df came back a hub section was added here and i was given moderator status in the new direct connect hub section (and later in the habbo hotel section), i was promoted by the boss to mod the console sections after i made a comment about wishing i could do something to sort out some of the problems in the rapidly expanding xbox section.

After that things sort of became a blur, with moving house and real life problems associated with my fathers sudden serious illness, along with the usual teenage problems that unruly kids bring (and a few extra ones), i remember that one morning i suddenly discovered that i'd been made a super moderator which was usefull to me in dealing with a group of multiple joiners we were getting at the time (ie i could ban people) then my after i got back from my hols one morning i noticed that there was a new (hidden) section for supermods and admin, i was then taken illl and was off for a few days, when i came back the hidden section just said "admin" but i could still read it, it was only when i did that i found out i'd been booted upstairs so to speak (in reality it just means more work )

I stil love this place, i love its attitude and the people here, in the last year i've got to meet several of the mods and admin from here and become friends with some (hi em), of course i've had my fallouts with a few, but in most cases i think its all patched up.

That said, there are still people from here i'd love to meet in real life, i'm sure i'll get the chance in blackpool this year to say hello to a few more (but obviously i'm not going to say who those i'd like to meet are)

thats about it ... another long post for xdam to moan about LOL and a potted history of my time on df......

Except of course for some of the members i've brought in here but thats another story for another day.

ABCMan
    i could of said i found df when looking for the itv stuff
    ave u eva heard of a 1 line reply lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

i thought it was a good post

Thanks
    Karma Level

LOL you sure you didn't just read the first two lines then doze slowly off??

Thanks
    Karma Level

A friend/Mod suggested i join up cause they had 0800 dial up section back in the day when i was on 56k

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Someone mentioned it in uk.tech.digital-tv it was the 1st forum I'd ever read & I was hooked.

beans
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

think it was itv for me too..

ABCMan

Originally posted by Cam

i could of said i found df when looking for the itv stuff
    ave u eva heard of a 1 line reply lol
    yeah, but it was half 4 in the morning and i was VERY bored

@ known, thanks, its a pity a few more couldnt be arsed to say a bit more (or even answer the question in cam's case)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by ABCMan

ABCMan

nice and brief as always there abc :bleh:

i was intoduced by my cuz tbops cos i was looking for an sms bomber and he goes check in the d and d.

from then i got my ITV stuff from here and just stuck around since

DJ
    I was touched by Jesus, so i had him arrested.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Last edited by GavDF; 19th September 2002 at 11:43 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i saw a post on thoic about some engineer who claimed to have got a ps2 backup running,not sure why i was on thoic tho at all,messed about with the url in the post and found myself here,and the post had come of the playstationmods.com news page,which i read alot over the months and followed the news on this forum,took my ps2 up high lane the day they sorted out ea games and have been here ever since

Thanks
    Karma Level

Found it by accident, I think it was a link from ISONews.com, been hooked ever since.

Removed at users request whitesteel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think I followed a link from either thoic or x-digital ages ago, reregistered as whitesteel when I got ripped off on the cd-rom guide under that username by someone claiming to be a moderator here (turns out he wasn't just exploiting the fact that digital forums was down and I couldn't check him out).

Thanks
    Karma Level

the voices told me to come here

Thanks
    Karma Level

think i joined first when i found off links4life lost pass etc the rejoined and thanks to df dollars got my name back it is still the donkeys, whether sections get dropped added or what ever
    slow but sure,or is it sure but slow

On the sidewalk Sunday morning
    Lies a body oozing life
    Someone's sneaking 'round the corner
    Is that someone Mack the Knife

Thanks
    Karma Level

Links4life also.Originally just chasing a link from a banner add to dvd players rap was selling,then via ps mods to here.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got a link from an X mod Mersey.

This place is one of my can't let ( and believe me i let a few go ) go forums.

Excellent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast