Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Low 3D Mark Scores and Bad Framerates

Hey, i've been having some speed issues with my comp lately, and i was hoping someone could help.. Here are my stats

cpu: amd athlon xp 1800+ (1.53 Ghz)
    mobo: ecs k7s5a
    ram: 512 DDR pc2100 (samsung)
    video: geforce2mx400 64mb (powercolor)
    screen: 1024x768
    directx: 8.1

Ok, i know my videocard sucks, , but it shouldn't be limiting my machine to this degree. I get around 1300 3D Mark points with 3d Mark 2001 SE. I did a search thru madonion.com and found many, many people with the exact hardware as me, and they are getting around 4000 points. They are seeing fps in the test demo's of around 70-80, where i am lucky to see 20...

My fsb and memory are set to 133 Mhz in the system bios, and the cpu and ram are registering properly (1.53 Ghz and 512 MB ram).. Any advice would be welcome!

thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hmm, there's definitively something wrong with that...I used to get those results with my 1.2ghz t-bird, 256mb of SDRAM and a GF2 MX 200 (Which has 32 MB of video memory).

I really can't see anything wrong with the hardware...It seems ok (From what I read I mean)...I would probably suggest that you get the latest drivers (or fastest ones) for your hardware...Especially the motherboard ones...Like the VIA 4 in 1 or an equivalent (I'm not sure what your mobo needs)...And mostly enabling AGP 4x and Fast Writes...I don't think the GF2 MX supports SBA from what I can remember...Anyway, "if" your AGP rate is now set to one, the drivers should set it to 4x...If not, use a tweaker (like rivatuner for example...Or GTU with older video drivers) and try to enable it from there...Or manually from the registry...

But keep in mind that if you turn AGP4x and/or FW on without having good drivers for your mobo chipset, windows might not boot up. (in which case you would go in safe mode, set everything back and restart in normal mode)

Hope that helps.