What Soundcard?

Thread: What Soundcard?

gunner said:

Default What Soundcard?

I am in need of a new soundcard as my currant cheap one seems to be not working properly (the sound is wavey and it warbles a bit).
    I connect it to my stereo using a jack plug to phono connectors, but I have a surround sound system not too far away and both that and my stereo have an optical connection, so I would like a sound card with this if there is such a thing.
    I don't really want to spend a shit load as I don't use it for much apart from listening to music I have downloaded.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

fe_man2000 said:

Creative Audigy soundcard is the best one mate. There are various models but they all have an Optical out I think - there about £50.

cheers
    Ironman

DB said:

i got an audigy when they first hit the shelves and its awesome with 5.1

jonathant said:

I also have an Audigy they're amazing when linked up to some 5.1 speakers with a game that supports surround sound

Pegasus said:

You can pick up a Hercules GameTheaterXP 6.1 for less than 100 notes (puts the Audigy to shame IMO).
    Understeer is when you hit a wall with the front of your car
    Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of your car
    Horsepower is how fast your car hits the wall
    Torque is how far your car sends the wall across the field once you've hit it

DB said:

twice the price for no difference at all. IMHO

Violator said:

Originally posted by Pegasus Team
    You can pick up a Hercules GameTheaterXP 6.1 for less than 100 notes (puts the Audigy to shame IMO).
    I'd vote with this man, Audigy's are overhyped and noted to have problems. Plus they're Creative, 'nuff said

ParadoX said:

Ive had no probs with my audigy, top card, and has a firewire port aswell.

BM said:

Yeah Audigys are pretty good apart from the gameport where the lead isnt very long but if u have plenty of PCI slots its not a problem.

BM