What to do with Dixons Vouchers?

Thread: What to do with Dixons Vouchers?

salvadorescobar said:

Default What to do with Dixons Vouchers?

Hi there people.

I got burgled a week ago and I have just had the insurance man around. They are planning on giving me Dixons vouchers so that I can replace my mobile (x2) and camera.

I don't think this is a very good idea as (1) they don't have a good range of mobiles, (2) they are expensive so I won't be getting value for money.

I can get the camera I want for more than £100 cheaper if I buy elsewhere.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Is there anything I can do? Can I use the vouchers anywhere else?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, SalvadorEscobar.

stimpy said:

I would speak to Markj about the legallity of giving vouchers over money as it sounds a bit suss to me.

Sergeant-Major said:

Originally posted by stimpy
    it sounds a bit suss to me.
    to say the least.... :rolls:

Sergeant-Major Williams.

BigBadDog said:

tell em bollox and demand the money

clarky said:

I claimed for a broken camera and they offered me a crap replacement. not even the same make.They told me to contact Jessops.
    Phoned them up and told them I want same make of camera and they didn't argue, as long as I got it from Jessops.

It appears most Insurance companies now have these agreements with suppliers, it stops people claiming for things just to get some money(I don't mean you,by the way)

Your best bet is to pick what you want in Dixons,currys, or Pc world, then phone them and tell them the value of Vouchers you will require.

Gandalf1 said:

Or do what I did, sell the vouchers then get what you want as you did claim for more then you lost didn't you.

macdaddy said:

it dont seem right at all, but as dixons is part of a large parent company there might be other stores to use in

salvadorescobar said:

Thanks for the advice people.

I will let you know how I got on.

salvadorescobar said:

Hey there is a thought.

Does anyone know if Dixons do a price matching thing where if you can find the hardware cheaper then they will match the price?