Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Matrix is on schedule

I confirm today that Matrix is on schedule....and I saw a sample...
    Lads and gents you WILL be amazed... it will be the most advanced chip with features that are not even announced at this point

Thanks
    Karma Level

Glad to hear that, as I ordered one. But I still would love to have some real details on how the chip is going to actually install. Or at least some physical description.

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah, they would sell so many more if they gave the consumer hope. i need to see something before I buy. any word on that?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fuck that, i have found a new chip. I dont think chips will stop comming out, there will alwasy be a newer "better" chip. I will buy a chip based on price. All these chips are made in china for about .25 to .75 cents. How do they have the balls to charge us 50 bucks for a chip. I got my isoless chip for 15 bucks. it's a little hard to put in but easyer then Enigmah and some other. If they want my support, they should make it cheaper. Thats just my two cents

Thanks
    Karma Level

Is there a website that has a little more information on this chip anywhere? You would think there would be more info on this other that "it's a mod chip that's solderless", when there is only 5 days before it ships.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Matrix is on schedule

Originally posted by binarycode
    I confirm today that Matrix is on schedule....and I saw a sample...
    Lads and gents you WILL be amazed... it will be the most advanced chip with features that are not even announced at this point
    Do you have photos? I'm not questioning your words...just wanna see the Xodus. :-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

You people need to stop ragging on raptor. he did give us a mod for xbox.. did he not?
    and it did work nice and offered features others didnt at the time. no reason to jump on him.
    as far as this Matrix chip goes. i hope it is real as everyone else. would be nice to see some pic's of it. yall need to keep the flameing to yourselfs. no reason to make isonews fourms so bad with useless flameing.

Thanks
    Karma Level

he flamed the chip first buddy. Look before you post. Thanks.

2old2play

Thanks
    Karma Level

I like how my Replies was removed. also see yall removed Raptors as well.. SAD. and i had nothing negitive to say in my post i did. just that the flaming in general makes isonews look crapy. and that the guys flaming Raptor was ignorant. not like they can code themself and put a chip out in the market for the public.
    Yall fail to realize that he did Us a favor by given us a chip in the first place.
    but as far as this new matrix chip. nice to see new chips on market. I would also like to see some photo's and some testimonies on how it works.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I *think* that the database had a problem yesterday (9/17) and some posts were lost. I doubt your posts were intentionally deleted

I could be mistaken though.

Thanks
    Karma Level

maybe so.. just i see some stayed to paint a better picture of the thread. but who knows.. isonews is down everyday.. could just be another problem like you said

Thanks
    Karma Level

Seems like quite a lot of posts were lost yesterday.
    I kept checking back to see if someone had responded to mine, but it was down all day yesterday.
    When I got on today, my post had disappeared!

Thanks
    Karma Level

If I was a betting man, I would probably go with a design that plugs into the IDE port (which is very close to the LPC region) for stability. Then I would add a screw to the grounded hole just next to the port for fixing it in place. The only thing I haven't figured out is where wires 9 and 10 of the LPC mods (to set original bios on) will fit. Unless they will only be able to boot the mod bios and connect alternate 9 (just next to the lpc and the one wire needed for X-ecuter) Then add a switch like the X-ecuter to turn off mod on original bios)

So just my two cents worth.

C5

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't want to disapoint any one but what I found may kill this mod as good investment. I found a website (the only one) that sells it.

http://www.easybuy2000.com/store/xbox/matrix.shtml

The disapointing part is in the Description:

"This chip will allow you to play all import games in US, JAP and PAL format. The chip will be shipped unflashed (for legal reasons). Please flash with your own bios software."

I'm not talking about the part of flashing your own chip. The first sentence say that "it will allow your to play all import games". There is no mention of backups!

If you look around there site, every chip that they sell (all system) has in the description that chip will allow play to backup and import games.

So what does this mean, the thing dosen't play backups or they have bad marketing? With out any more information on the mod I would have to say it's a ripoff. So don't preorder.

I think it's a bad move to only have that one paragraph of information with only 3 day before the chip is released.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It also says "supports all features of any other modchip out there".

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Lordscr
    I don't want to disapoint any one but what I found may kill this mod as good investment. I found a website (the only one) that sells it.

http://www.easybuy2000.com/store/xbox/matrix.shtml

The disapointing part is in the Description:

"This chip will allow you to play all import games in US, JAP and PAL format. The chip will be shipped unflashed (for legal reasons). Please flash with your own bios software."

I'm not talking about the part of flashing your own chip. The first sentence say that "it will allow your to play all import games". There is no mention of backups!

If you look around there site, every chip that they sell (all system) has in the description that chip will allow play to backup and import games.

So what does this mean, the thing dosen't play backups or they have bad marketing? With out any more information on the mod I would have to say it's a ripoff. So don't preorder.

I think it's a bad move to only have that one paragraph of information with only 3 day before the chip is released.
    I think they left it off for legal reasons but I do agree about the limited info they have released. The chip is a few days away and they have no pictures! Pathetic.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by raver2
    It also says "supports all features of any other modchip out there".
    I didn't see that anywhere, or else I wouldn't have made that big rant. The chances are that it will run just as well or better than other mods out there. I just wanted to tell everyone to be careful before sending out $60. Any joker can say they're "going to sell a solderless chip. Preorder Now!!!" with out making the effort to make fake pics.

I'm excited about this chip and would have preordered it my self, but with no avalable information, and a name that gets 20,000 hit on yahoo. (99% lead to info on The Matrix (the movie) on the Xbox)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well, from our experience with the x-ecuter lads, let's not get our hopes up...x-ecuter claimed, "only 1 wire to solder," sure, but 10 other points as well.

Solderless modchip = using glue?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah, but the 10 points that had to be soldered onto the x-ecuter could have been done by a 5 year old!
    I've installed mine and a couple of mates ones (I have no soldering experience)... and all I needed to do was place the chip where it was supposed to go, and drip some solder into the holes (the points)!

Could it be possible for the new chip to be the same idea as the x-ecuter, but somehow clipped on instead of soldered. If they made the 9 points on the chip stick out (instead of holes), surely it would just be a problem for the 1 wire, and trying to get the thing to stay on the motherboard!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by @tack
    Yeah, but the 10 points that had to be soldered onto the x-ecuter could have been done by a 5 year old!
    I've installed mine and a couple of mates ones (I have no soldering experience)... and all I needed to do was place the chip where it was supposed to go, and drip some solder into the holes (the points)!

Could it be possible for the new chip to be the same idea as the x-ecuter, but somehow clipped on instead of soldered. If they made the 9 points on the chip stick out (instead of holes), surely it would just be a problem for the 1 wire, and trying to get the thing to stay on the motherboard!!
    Sorry, it's not THAT simple. Solder doesn't simply drip down holes. I've installed x-ecuter as well, and solder does not simply run down to the points on the MB. Since you didn't mention the horseshoe solder (for the ground) I am assuming that you either didn't install your chip correctly, or you are lying out of your ass. Either way, your xbox isn't playing backups (without the ground, the xbox crashes frequently and results in the flashing red light).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast