Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Eternal Darkness vs Resident Evil

Eternal Darkness is a decent game , but it comes no where near resident evil. In terms of graphics , weapons , fun etc it just doesnt compare any one who disagree's post what ya think.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default my 2 cents

Resident evil does haver better Graphics. but that is the only aspect that you can compare the game too. if Eternal Darkness had the same Graphics as Resident evil . the would of been 3 to 4 cds. since ITs a much longer game. Eternal Darkness for me was more Fun and better story. it was well Coridated with its time line. in conclusion both games are a most have for Gamecube Owners

Thanks
    Karma Level

Overall RE is a better game whatever how yopu see it..
    Given that if you're long time RE fan..As for ED the game is good but it's little off for me..
    They're both Good games..Each has some advantage over another..Some prefer RE over ED and vice versa..
    I'll stick with RE..

Thanks
    Karma Level

ed may not have the graphical quality of re, but it has much better gameplay.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default 11

comparing RE to Ed is like Comparing Gt3 to Mario Kart

Thanks
    Karma Level

im not talking about the graphics , overall re is better comes no where near it , and besides the game isnt any challange its to easy.

Thanks
    Karma Level

don't forget...! ed is a completly new game. re is only a remake.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by MoKiLoK
    don't forget...! ed is a completly new game. re is only a remake.
    yes RE is only a remake, even though 70% of it is new, including more weapons, enhansed controlls, new modes of gameplay, more costumes, better AI, different puzzles, new enemies and redone voice acting. Really the only thing that is the same is the story and the location (for the most part). In my opinion the point of it being a remake is moot. Or maybe it makes RE a slightly better game for nostalgic reasons. Either way I haven't played ED yet so I can't say which one is more fun. But I do know that RE being a remake has nothing to do with which one is better overall.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by iNHUMAN

yes RE is only a remake, even though 70% of it is new, including more weapons, enhansed controlls, new modes of gameplay, more costumes, better AI, different puzzles, new enemies and redone voice acting. Really the only thing that is the same is the story and the location (for the most part). In my opinion the point of it being a remake is moot. Or maybe it makes RE a slightly better game for nostalgic reasons. Either way I haven't played ED yet so I can't say which one is more fun. But I do know that RE being a remake has nothing to do with which one is better overall.
    On the other hand, many gamers feel that the story plays a very big part in the game. And being a remake, RE is at a major disadvantage, when I first played RE, when the genre was fresh and the RE story was brand new, I was amazed, it scared the shit out of my brother and he wouldn't even play it. Even though parts changed the story is basically the same, leaving RE at a disadvantage in that aspect.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Maniacripper

On the other hand, many gamers feel that the story plays a very big part in the game. And being a remake, RE is at a major disadvantage, when I first played RE, when the genre was fresh and the RE story was brand new, I was amazed, it scared the shit out of my brother and he wouldn't even play it. Even though parts changed the story is basically the same, leaving RE at a disadvantage in that aspect.
    True, but it is still a good story none the less. It's like the difference between the two versions of Night of the Living Dead. They slightly differ from eachother but both are a must see for zombie movie buffs. Also not everyone has played the psx version of RE, so to those people it's a whole new story. So really that downside only applies to those who have played the psx version (if you can call it a downside). I can see your point but I when I went through the GC ver of RE I found the familiar story brought back some good memories. But not only that, they also played upon the familiarity of the psx version. Multiple times I wouldn't even read the puzzles because I thought I knew them. But when I applied the puzzle pieces I found myself in a tough situation. I also noticed that they added to the story through the use of the in game files. So really not even the story is 100% true to the original. Personally I don't see why in this case a remake is a con. Because I had just as much fun, if not more fun playing through the GC ver of this damned fine game. Now if I could only get my hands on ED I would be able to accuratly present my arguement.

Thanks
    Karma Level

RE is overall much more entertaining then ED. Aside from graphics, the game is just more expansive. Also, the puzzles are much better thought out. There is a lot of variety in terms of graphics, painstaking effort has been done on Capcom's part to render all the scenes in wonderful detail. ED on the other hands reuses the same textures for many different levels, and may of the puzzles dont relate to the storyline whatsoever.

The sound and graphical presentation is enough to put Resident Evil on a whole different plane.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The thing I have never liked about the RE series is the shitty control and the lack of targeting (so you waste your ammo and the zombies still eat your ass).

I had hoped that they would have fixed this for the cube, but that did not happen.
    The game looks great, but looks aren't enough.
    I play games because they are fun, not pretty.

ED was a blast, I enjoyed playing it (finished it 3 times to get god mode unlocked).
    It doesn't look as good as RE, but it was more fun for me to play (I would rather kick zombie ass than run from it all day).

With that aside...
    I am really looking forward to The Thing for the Xbox.
    It has a Fear/Trust meter that hopefully will be like the sanity meter in ED.
    anyone here try the PS2 version yet?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Robotron21
    The thing I have never liked about the RE series is the shitty control and the lack of targeting (so you waste your ammo and the zombies still eat your ass).
    Sure the controlls require a little getting used to, but lack of targeting? It had an auto lock on whenever you aimed, and another button to update it in case the target moved from it's initial position. Maybe it's because i'm used to the tank like controlls but I thought the targeting system not to mention the 180 turn was great. Well to each his own I suppose.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Guess I should have made myself clearer.

In ED you can target body parts (like head, arms, torso) which is very cool and every monster had a different weakness.
    I would love to see that in RE (maybe the next release will have it).
    And I am in no way putting down the RE series, I still think it rocks, I just really liked ED over RE.
    everybody has different tastes.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Robotron21
    Guess I should have made myself clearer.

In ED you can target body parts (like head, arms, torso) which is very cool and every monster had a different weakness.
    I would love to see that in RE (maybe the next release will have it).
    And I am in no way putting down the RE series, I still think it rocks, I just really liked ED over RE.
    everybody has different tastes.
    That makes a bit more sense. But in RE's defence you could aim for the head or legs. And with zombies if you didn't destroy their head the first time around you were in for a big surprise later on. Though this is the first time i've heard of a targeting system in ED. And it sounds pretty groovy. Maybe i'll give it a spin this weekend.

Thanks
    Karma Level

RE is a masterpiece.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Nastygoat
    RE is a masterpiece.
    Super true! I cannot agree more. When i first boot the game, i know its going to rocks. Ive been playing a couple of horror games lately (Alone In The Dark 4, The Thing) but none of this game scared the crap out of me like Resident Evil.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I tried Eternal Darkness but I couldn't get very far because whenever I tried to load a saved game, the main character would disappear, and the game would essentially lock up. Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks
    Karma Level

RE was more of a puzzle game and ED was an adventure game. RE is more of a pain in the ass when it comes to fighting, but who can say that having hallucinations with ur characters is not more fun than RE.