is it true about O2, or is someone telling porkies ???

Thread: is it true about O2, or is someone telling porkies ???

Kaizer said:

Default is it true about O2, or is someone telling porkies ???

Looking to get the new Nokia 7210 when it comes out & have seen it advertised on O2 pay as you go for £299.

Was told by a friend that O2 don't bother to lock the phones so it's possible to use a vodafone sim card in it.

Is he telling the truth or am I gonna need to get it unlocked as soon as I get it to allow me to use my vodafone sim card in it ???

Cheers

Termy said:

A m8 of mine has had loads of phones off O2 and none of them have been locked m8.

biggy7 said:

yep 02 dont lock their phones!

my 8310 was factory unlocked

Kaizer said:

nice one lads !!!!

Looks like the nokia 7210 for me then.

Morph said:

yeah I heard the same :-)

the_wizzard said:

i bought a 3310 on 02 last xmass as a prezzy for someone and it was supposed to be open but wasnt the shop was told to lock em?? so the dealer told me

booboo

Termy said:

The carphone warehouse say that all their phones are locked to the sims but they never are. My m8 must of had about 20 of them and none have been locked.

matthew_o50 said:

i have had a whole load of phones from o2 and they have been locked. If you buy a contract phone it is usually unlocked tho.

THE/ACKSTER said:

Ithink you will find that all GSM phones can be switched from Voda-O2 and vicer-versa.

nims076 said:

nah, o2 fones are generally unlocked now. all the contract are unlocked and the majority of prepay are unlocked. i think the 7210 will be unlocked as all the other nokais on o2 prepay at the moment are also unlocked.