not to sure

Thread: not to sure

n0k1a said:

Default not to sure

dont if this should be here so sorry if its in the wrong place

would it be safe to leave my pc on for a whole week without watching it, cause i might be away for a week, but will pop back in the days, i will be downloading constant....

also everytime we get a 1571 message my modem wont dial, can i stop this?

thanks

Cam said:

i think u can sort out the dailsing check under wait for dail tone b e dailing the untick that it shud be okay to leave it on for a week i leave mine on 24/7 n e way but if ur totaly unsure by new fans and stuff oh and if ur hdd fuks while ur away just think it was gonna fuk n e way

(17:18:34) (+Cam) i need to mount my xbox hdd in linux
    (17:19:02) (+SpikeWork) youth of today, they'll mount anything

n0k1a said:

its all new what i have, i have 6 fans, so i should be ok, hdd is new aswell

n0k1a said:

Its not a fire hazard is it?

n0k1a said:

if i take the cover of will that do, or is dust bad for the comp?

Cam said:

it could be a fire hazzard leave it in a bucket of water taking the cover off could help but does get dusty as hell if its only a week u shud be fine

(17:18:34) (+Cam) i need to mount my xbox hdd in linux
    (17:19:02) (+SpikeWork) youth of today, they'll mount anything

Dan said:

nah i wouldn't do it m8, i heard of this guy who drove a blue car that left his computer on for 3 days and he came back and found a heap of rubble where his house used to be. I think the pigs busted him for arson too. Sad story. So anyway i wouldnt take the risk if I were you.
    And if you're on dial up, wont it just disconnect you after two hours or whatever anyway?

n0k1a said:

all settins are so it reconnects 1 second after it disconnects

n0k1a said:

well im going know, heres the 1st night of it being left on without no one here to monitor it, ill post tonorrow about 1-2 if i still have a computer

n0k1a said:

comp is fine

cpu temp is 47oc
    system temp is 36oc

Dan said:

Originally posted by n0k1a
    comp is fine

cpu temp is 47oc
    system temp is 36oc
    47 degrees? watch out! when it touches 49 you'll have one dead chip. And when it blows itll blow the graphics, memory, HDD and DVD as well because theyre linked on an inversed transform circuit.
    I wouldnt like to be the man who gave you your Computer Insurance premium...

(my athlon xp2200+ overclocked to 2600+ with a coolermaster heatsink in a £13 case runs at 17 degrees in summer)

n0k1a said:

bullshit, must be...

the guy in the local computer shop, and my dads mate says 47 is ok, when it gets to around 70-80 you should start to worry, i have had my cpu temp higher that 47, most ive seen it on was 59oc

im gonna take this thread a little further, maybe do a thread on cpu temps!

ABCMan said:

ffs just leave the ****er on but turn off the monitor, look at the number of people who run their machines 24/7 in the poll thread to see its safe.

n0k1a said:

thats cool then, left my comp last night with a big fan blowing on it

system temp - 22
    cpu temp 31

Chip2k said:

you need to get your telephone operator to disable call waiting and answering service as both of these can interfere with analouge dial up internet access.

ABCMan said:

Originally posted by Chip2k
    you need to get your telephone operator to disable call waiting and answering service as both of these can interfere with analouge dial up internet access.
    Oh and dont forget that you'll need to make sure you dont have your house alarm turned on because it cant ring out if you are online

p.s. whats your addy? LOL