Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Help with AVI in a power point

Hi all,

I am looking for help with this issu that I have with presentation. Issue is that I want to be able to have a AVI file in a powerpoint slide and store it online.

I used camtasia to record the files (3 seperate),
    I used slideshare to upload presentation
    I was hoping that I could have the AVI file stored in youtube
    The youtube clips to be embeded on the slide (3 seperate).

Problem I am encountering is that powerpoint wont access an online location to embed the video and I need need to do a presentation using slides.

When I upload video clips to youtube and myspace they blur the video, the video plays fine in media player.

Can anyone help me and save the day? I am new to this and this was my first attempt.

Thanks in advance

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Help with AVI in a power point

I don't think you can embed in powerpoint. All powerpoint does is "point" (excuse the pun) to a location. I'm sure you can insert a hyperlink to open a video online, such as youtube etc, but to be honest that's a bit cack.
    better to put the avi's in a location on your pc then tell powerpoint where they are. It will then open them seamlessly as if they were embedded.

You also need to remember that once you've created the presentation, powerpoint will always look for any video files in the same location.
    In other words, if you saved the video files in, for example c:\mystuff\powerpoint\avi's, then that's where it will always look.
    So...
    once you've created a presentation, if you want to show it on another PC you MUST make sure that the filepath for the avi's is the same on the new PC. If you saved them on another pc under d: for example then the video's wouldn't open.

took me ages to work this out for my wife as part of a presentation she had to make for her degree, so hope this helps.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I can confirm powerpoint wont embed, i have tried with my students to accomplish this and it is not possible. If you read other google information it states use a swf (flash file) tried this converted still wont embed. All you can do is upload to youtube and embed that way.
    Special K+ enjoyed as a healthy breakfast!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks everyone for your help. I tried youtube upload but it uploaded blurred for some reason using camtasia 6. I tried same again in myspace and for some reason it decided to but the audio at full speed but video at normal and blurred same as youtube.

Bizare thing is that on the local pc it shows images perfectly.

Thanks though what I have ended up doing is stick a link on the slide and upload a different recording for camtasia using 640*480 and keeping aspect ratio and only part of screen rather than full screen. Youtube this time is more watchable for some reason. then used googledocs to keep the presentation online.